Tip:
Highlight text to annotate it
X
==TLF HALFCD TEAM==
-= 压制 : 刘晗 =-
仅供交流 , 严禁商用
[克莱默夫妇]
比利 , 我爱你
I love you, Billy.
我也爱你 , 妈咪
I love you too, Mommy.
晚安
Night night.
好好睡
Sleep tight.
别让臭虫咬了
Don't let the bedbugs bite.
明天早上见
I'll see you in the morning light.
我爱你
I love you.
他们要我当助理艺术指导 所以肯尼说 :
They're going to make me an assistant art director. So Kenny says:
替自己买件名牌外套
"You get yourself a Burberry coat.
要在麦迪逊大道工作 就得穿得体体面面
If you're gonna be Madison Avenue, you have to look it."
所以周六下午我出门 天气很冷
Saturday afternoon, I go out, and it's cold.
我去一家专卖名牌衣服的店…
I go to this place that specializes in Burberrys...
…说“我要一件 37号短码大衣”
...and say, " I want a Burberry coat, 37 short."
他们让我试穿 穿来很好看
They put it on, and I look beautiful in it.
我说 : “把它包起来”
I say, " I'll buy it."
就在此时 , 我开始冒汗
And right then, I start to sweat.
我拿出支票簿 , 开始签支票 我的手开始抖…
I take my checkbook out, start to sign the check, and my hand shakes...
因为我很害怕
...because I'm so scared.
晚安 , 各位 你去哪里 ?
Good night. Where you going?
回家 天啊 , 我得走了
I gotta get home. Oh, Jesus, I gotta go.
好 , 让我说完
Okay, so let me finish.
所以我签了 我的手开始抖…
So I sign it, and my hand starts shaking....
是谁 ? 丹尼 , 对不对 ? 计程车
Who is this? Danny, right? Taxi!
来 , 我有话告诉你 不行 , 我得回家了
Come on, I gotta tell you something. I can't. I gotta get home.
我有重要的事告诉你
Gotta talk to you about something important.
我要你负责大西洋航空的客户
I'm putting you in charge of the Mid Atlantic account.
年底前我们会让它到达一千万
By the end of the year, we'll have them up to 1 0 million.
如果这次宣传活动进行顺利 他们…
If this campaign works out the way I know it will...
…会让我入股
...they'll offer me a partnership.
太棒了 !
That's terrific!
我要你知道 我会让你一起入股
When that happens, I just want you to know I'm taking you along.
真是太棒了
Wow! Wow! That's terrific.
乔安娜
Joanna.
我回来了
I'm home.
我忘了带钥匙 我得赶快打电话回办公室
I forgot my keys. I gotta call the office before they go.
你会以我为荣的 我有好消息
Jo, you're gonna be real proud of me. I got good news.
泰德 等等 , 让我先打电话
Ted. One second. Let me just do this.
认识会计部的杰克爱德华吗 ? 他自杀了
You know Jack Edwards in accounting? He committed suicide.
喂 ? 我是泰德克拉玛
Yeah, hi. Ted Kramer.
明早要把照片 从修图师那里拿回来
I gotta get those photos from the retoucher by tomorrow morning.
我要离开你 亲爱的 , 静一静 , 我听不到
I'm leaving you. Honey, please. I can't hear.
好 , 你也是 , 谢谢 , 明天见
Okay, you too. Thanks a lot. See you tomorrow.
你们吃过饭了没有 ?
Did you guys eat?
我要离开你
I'm leaving you.
这是我的钥匙
Here are my keys.
这是我的美国运通卡 这是百货公司信用卡…
Here's my American Express, my Bloomingdale's card...
…还有支票簿 我从共同帐户里提出两千元
...my checkbook. I've taken $2000 out of our savings account.
那是我在我们结婚时的存款
That's what I had when we got married.
你在开玩笑吗 ? 这是清洁和洗衣收据
Is this a joke? Here's the cleaning, laundry ticket.
你在周六可以去拿
You can pick them both up on Saturday.
你得去拿 怎么回事 ?
You. You have to pick them up. What's wrong?
房租和水电的帐单我付过了 电话费我也付过了
I paid the rent, the Con Ed bill, and the phone bill, so
你真会挑时间…
You really pick your times to....
抱歉我回来晚了 但我忙着赚钱养家 , 好吗 ?
I'm sorry I was late, but I was busy making a living, all right?
别闹了吧 ?
Come on, okay? Can we stop now?
那么就这样了
So that's everything.
够了… 知道吗 ?
Enough, enough. All right?
你在做什么 ?
What are you doing?
你要去哪里 ? 告诉我 我做了什么不可原谅的事
Where are you going? Just tell me what I did that's so terrible.
不是因为你 那是为什么 ?
It's not you. Then what?
是我 , 都是我的错
It's me. It's my fault.
你只是娶错人了
You married the wrong person.
你的要求我做不到… 让我们进去吧
I can't hack it. Let's just go inside.
我不行 , 我试过 我发誓
I can't, I tried. I swear
乔安娜 , 拜托 , 我很抱歉
Joanna, please, just I'm sorry.
求求你不要逼我进去 我只是要谈谈
No, please don't make me go in there. I just want to talk.
否则我发誓总有一天…
If you do, I swear, one day...
…我会跳楼自杀 拜托你…
...l'll go right out the window. Oh, please.
比利怎么办 ?
Come on, now. What about Billy?
我不带他一起走 我对他没好处
I'm not taking him with me. I'm no good for him.
没把他照顾好
I'm terrible with him.
我没耐心
I have no patience.
他没有我比较好
He's better off without me.
乔安娜 , 拜托
Joanna, please.
我不再爱你了
And I don't love you anymore.
你要去哪儿 ? 我不知道
Where are you going? I don't know.
玛格丽特 , 我是泰德 我太太在那边吗 ?
Hi, Margaret. This is Ted. Is my wife there?
对 , 乔安娜有去找你吗 ?
Yeah. Joanna come in?
我们吵架了 我想她可能去找你
We had a little fight. I thought she might have stopped by.
如果她有去 , 请她回来 或打电话给我
If she comes in, tell her to come up or just give me a ring.
还好 , 她没拿行李箱 应该不会走远
Don't worry. She didn't take her suitcase. She won't get very far.
我还有事要忙 见到她请她打给我 , 谢谢
I got work to do. If she comes in, tell her to call me.
也该是时候了
It's about time.
乔安娜 , 这是你做过最迟钝的 玛格丽特
Joanna, that's the most insensitive Hi, Margaret.
她收拾行李箱 ? 没什么 , 真的
She packed a suitcase? Look, it's nothing serious, really.
她有说要去哪里吗 ?
She tell you where she was going?
你告诉我啊 我怎么会知道 ? 我又不在场
You tell me. How would I know? I wasn't here.
显然我太太和你背着我 谈过很多我的缺点…
Clearly, you two had many talks about my shortcomings...
…我很乐意和你谈…
...which I haven't been privy to. And I'd love to talk...
…但我早上有个重要的报告…
...but I have a major presentation in the morning...
得把工作做完 , 所以拜托你
...and I gotta get my work done. So please allow me
你好像不了解 我们的问题很严重
You don't realize we have a serious problem.
错 , 这是“我的” 问题 你只需走出门…
Wrong. Me. I got the problem. All you gotta do is...
…下楼去 , 然后回家睡觉
...go out the door and go back to bed.
事实是 六个月以来
The fact is For six months...
…我拼命去争取最大的客户给公司
...l've been spitting blood to get this agency its biggest account.
今天下午五点我们争取到了
And at five, we got it.
八点副总裁说我是 下一任创意总监
At eight, the vice president tells me I'll be the next creative director.
我进门要和我太太分享…
I come through this door to share with my wife...
…生命中最美好五天中的一天 她冷漠以对…
...one of the five best days of my life, and she looks at me...
…说要和我分手 !
...and tells me she doesn't want to live with me!
你了解她对我做了什么吗 ?
Can't you understand what she's done to me?
她破坏你最美好五天中的一天
She loused up one of the five best days of your life.
你真的很棒 , 天啊 , 你真的…
You're terrific. Boy, you're....
多谢了 , 真的
Thanks very much, really.
真是姐妹情深
Sisterhood.
谢谢你来逗我开心 , 但
Thank you for coming to cheer me up, but
我不是来逗你开心
I didn't come to cheer you up.
我来是因为我关心乔安娜
I'm concerned about Joanna.
或许你可以回家慢慢关心
Maybe you can be concerned in the privacy of your own apartment.
你和查理分手前 乔安娜和我都没问题
Joanna and I never had any problems until you and Charley split up.
我真不敢相信
Oh, I don't believe you.
告诉我实话 , 可以吗 ?
Just tell me the truth, okay?
是你叫我太太这样的吗 ?
Did you set her up to this?
我没有叫乔安娜这样做
No, I didn't put her up to this.
你有苁勇她吗 ? 没有 , 我没有
Give her a little pep talk? No, I didn't.
我们是谈过很多
Joanna and I talk a great deal.
乔安娜是个很不快乐的女人
And Joanna is a very unhappy woman.
她是鼓足勇气才走出这家门
And it took a lot of courage for her to walk out of here.
要鼓起多大勇气才能丢下孩子 ?
How much courage does it take to walk out on your kid?
妈咪呢 ?
Where's Mommy?
什么 ? 妈咪呢 ?
What? Where's Mommy?
几点了 ?
What time is it?
小针在 7 , 大针在 9 妈咪呢 ?
The little hand's on the 7, the big hand's on the 9. Where's Mommy?
天啊 ! 好 , 我告诉你 你要知道妈咪去哪里 ?
Oh, God. Okay, I'm gonna tell you. You want to know where Mommy is?
她应该要带我去学校 她叫我带你去
She's supposed to take me to school. She told me to do it.
我老实告诉你她去哪里
Okay, I'll tell you where she went.
有时候你和朋友 会处得不好 , 会吵架 ?
You know when you and your friends don't get along and fight?
你会想单独去别的地方静一下 ?
And you want to go and be alone for a while?
有时候爹地和妈咪处不好…
Sometimes Mommy and Daddy don't get along...
…其中一个想到别的地方
...and one of them wants to go and be by themselves for a while.
妈咪什么时候回来 ? 快了 , 很快就回来了
When is Mommy coming back? Soon.
现在你和我要一起吃早餐 , 知道吗 ? 就我们两个
Now we are gonna have breakfast! Okay? Just you and me.
你想吃什么 ? 法国土司
What do you want? French toast.
要法国土司就给你法国土司
You want French toast, you got it.
煮点水给爹地泡咖啡
Put up a little water for Daddy to have some coffee.
我们要几个蛋 ? 一个人两个
We got how many eggs? Two for you and two for me.
我们有牛奶
We got milk.
还有奶油
We got butter.
有五块钱
We got $5.
我有五块钱 你坐在这里
I got $5. Here, you sit here.
好 , 你可以当我的首席助手吗 ?
Okay, can you be my number one helper?
看好 , 用一只手
Watch this. One hand.
就像这样
Here we go.
你知道最出 色的大厨都是男的吗 ?
Did you know that all the best chefs are men?
这不是很棒吗 ? 我们要常常这样
Isn't this terrific? We gotta do this more often.
有一些蛋壳掉进去了 没关系
You dropped some shell in it. That's okay.
吃起来脆脆的 你喜欢吃脆的法国土司吧 ?
Makes it crunchier. You like it crunchy, don't you?
你把蛋打一下 我来做其他的事
Why don't you beat them, and I'll get everything else going.
你几点要到学校 ? 八点半
What time is school? 8:30.
那我们得快点 我得洗澡 , 刮胡子 , 洗头
Gotta get the show on the road. I gotta shower, shave and shampoo.
我要见客户
I got people to see.
爹地还要赚钱开饭…
And Daddy's gotta bring home the bacon...
…还要把饭煮熟
...and he's gotta cook it.
我们很高兴吧 ! 妈咪把平底锅放在 ?
We're having a good time! Where does Mommy keep the ?
烤箱里 锅在烤箱里
In the stove. The pan. The stove.
首先要点火
First, we need a nice fire.
不对 , 不是那样
No, you're not doing it right.
这样不对 , 你要打得很快 看到没 ? 用腕力
Look, you gotta do it fast. See? It's the wrist.
这样才会打散
So the gucky part dissolves.
然后拿土司 , 然后…
Then you take the bread, and we....
然后我们…
We....
折起来 , 就这样 我们把土司折起来
We fold the French toast. That's what we do.
你忘了加牛奶 我没忘 , 牛奶最后加
I think you forgot milk. I didn't. Milk comes last.
高兴的时候 就会忘记最重要的事
When you're having a good time you forget things.
我是想看你有没有注意到
I just wanted to see if you're paying attention.
很好玩吧 ? 妈咪上次 让你进厨房是什么时候 ?
Fun, isn't it? When's the last time Mommy let you in the kitchen?
我不喜欢碎的
I don't like it in pieces.
碎的和整片 起来味道一样 面包就是面包
It tastes the same whether it's in pieces or whole. Bread is bread.
还有 , 法国土司都是折起来的
Besides, French toast is always folded.
你到全世界最好的餐厅去看 法国土司都是折起来的
In the best restaurants, you see folded French toast.
这样吃起来比较多对吧 ?
You get more bites that way.
同时 , 爹地要泡一些咖啡
And while that's going, Daddy's gonna make coffee.
好玩吗 ?
You having a good time?
我不记得 上回这么高兴是什么时候
I don't remember the last time I had such a good time.
我要泡点咖啡
Daddy's gonna make himself coffee.
太多了 不会 , 我喜欢喝浓一点
That's too much! No, I like it strong.
妈咪泡得太淡
Mommy always makes it too weak.
我可以喝柳橙汁吗 ?
Can I have some orange juice?
柳橙汁 , 好 , 马上来
Right. One OJ coming up for the kid.
爹地 , 烧焦了 !
Daddy, it's burning!
什么 ? 锅子烧焦 了 !
What? It's burning!
天啊 ! 该死 !
Damn it! *** her!
真该死
Oh, ***.
没关系 , 没事 我们…我们很好
Just take it easy. Everything is fine. We're terrific.
没关系…
Just....
没关系
Just take it easy. Nothing is the matter.
怎么了 ? 你的手在流汗
What? Your hand's sweaty.
妈咪什么时候回来 ? 很快 , 我说过很快
When's Mommy coming back? Soon. I told you.
她会接我放学吗 ? 可能吧 , 如果她没去我就会去
Is she gonna pick me up? Probably. If she doesn't, I will.
如果你忘了呢 ? 我不会忘记
What if you forget? I won't.
万一你被撞死了呢 ? 那妈咪会去接你
What if you get run over? Mommy will pick you up.
小姐 ! 你几年级 ? 一年级
Miss! What grade are you in? First.
他叫比利克拉玛 , 一年级
This is Billy Kramer. He's in first grade.
麻烦你 , 我要搭计程车 我迟到了 , 计程车…
Take care of him. I gotta get a taxi, I'm late. Taxi!
计程车 !
Taxi!
恭喜你接到大西洋航空客户 谢谢
Congratulations about Mid Atlantic. Thanks.
恭喜 修图师的东西拿回来了没 ?
Congratulations. Is the stuff back from the retoucher?
真是好消息 , 泰德 谢了
Great news, Ted. Thanks a lot.
早安 , 十一点和威克航空开会
Morning. 1 1 :00, meeting with Airwick
从修图师那拿回来的东西呢 ? 就在这儿
Where's the stuff from the retoucher? Right here.
我太太有打电话来吗 ? 没有
Did my wife call? No.
取消威克航空十一点半的会议
You're gonna have to cancel the Airwick at 1 1 :30.
她从来没有这么夸张过
She's never gone this far before, but in the past...
…以前我会知道她在生气…
...l've known when she's upset because...
…因为她会沉默不语…
...she gets very quiet.
通常我会说 : “ 怎么了 ? ”
Our pattern has been that I've said, "What's the matter?" ...
…她会静静坐在那里
...and she'll kind of sit on it.
但我必须承认 过去两三周或几个月 …
But in the last few weeks, maybe couple of months...
…从我们忙着争取客户以来 我疏忽了
...since we've been going crazy with this account, I've been remiss.
没有看见先兆 所以她有点
And I just didn't look at the writing on the wall, so she's kind of
我想她昨晚是为了让我注意 :
I think this is a way of making me stop, look and say:
“我和你的工作一样重要”
" I'm as important as your work."
有第三者吗 ?
Is there another guy?
我想没有 , 她不是那种人
I don't think so. She's not the type.
她有个住楼下的朋友 叫玛格丽特…
She's got this friend, Margaret, downstairs...
…是个妇女解放者 我想这是她们一手导演的
...you know, women's lib. I think they may have cooked this up.
这一招奏效了
It worked.
我快疯了 !
I'm going crazy!
别担心
Look, not to worry.
她会回来的
She'll be back.
没想到会发生在我身上
I didn't know it would happen to me!
小子 , 别被这件事击垮你
Don't let it get you down.
不会 , 我知道她会回来的 我很好 , 真的
I know she'll be back. I'm terrific, really.
你是有个麻烦 你说什么麻烦 ?
You do have a problem, Ted. Yeah, what's that?
你要怎么安置比利 ?
What are you gonna do about Billy?
这件事昨晚才发生的 我想乔安娜回来时会
This just happened last night. I'm sure when Joanna comes back
这不是我的事 , 我不问
It's none of my business. I'll butt out.
我想听你的意见
Listen, I want to hear your thoughts.
我很感谢你花时间和我谈
I appreciate you taking the time to talk to me.
好 , 这听起来也许有点刺耳…
May sound a little rough, but...
…我想你该把比利 送到亲戚家一阵子
...l think you ought to send Billy away to stay with relatives for a while.
你是说直到乔安娜回来 ?
You mean, until Joanna comes back?
万一乔安娜不回来呢 ?
Suppose Joanna doesn't come back?
天啊 , 我不知道…
Gee, I don't know....
泰德 , 听我说
Ted, listen to me.
我才告诉上司们 你负责大西洋航空
I just told the boys upstairs you're handling the Mid Atlantic account.
知道吗 ? 这种机会每五,六年 出现一次
You know? A gig like that comes along once every five, six years.
公司很多人很不爽 因为我把这个客户交给你
There's guys here eating their hearts out because I gave that spot to you.
这很重要 , 别搞砸了
This is important. Don't blow this.
我必须依靠你 我必须 1 1 0%依靠你…
I gotta depend on you. I gotta count on you for 1 1 0 percent...
…我得一周7天 一天2 4小时完全仰赖你
...7 days a week, 24 hours a day. I gotta have that.
我不能顾虑你担心孩子流鼻水
I can't be concerned about you worrying about a kid.
你可以一天2 5 小时仰赖我 一周8 天也没问题
First, you can count on me 25 hours a day, 8 days a week.
因为我不是失败者
Because I'm not a loser, Jim.
我不会让私事影响公事
I never let anything at home come into the office.
你要我跟你倾诉
You asked me to unload in this office.
我只在这里说 , 我出了这里 一切都罩得住 , 你要知道这点
When I go outside, I'm on top of it. I want you to know that.
我不会被击败的
I'm a survivor.
你给这个机会 , 我不会搞砸的
You've given me a shot here. I'm not gonna let anything blow it.
好吗 ?
Okay?
晚一点我们去喝一杯 真的 , 我很好 , 我得…
Let's have a drink later. I'm all right. I gotta...
在 1 1 点我要好好修理威克航空
...blow smoke up Airwick's ***, 1 1 :00.
我很好 , 好吗 ?
I'm all right!
别担心
You don't worry.
谢谢
Thank you.
我爱你 , 混蛋
I love you, you ***.
爹地
Daddy?
爹地
Daddy?
好 , 等等 , 我想把这个弄完
Yeah, honey, just wait a second. I just want to finish this idea.
我得把这个原稿弄好 再跟你说话
Let me get this copy done, and then I'll talk.
大象什么时候坐在篱笆上 ?
What time is it when an elephant sits on your fence?
就是要换新篱笆的时候
Time to get a new fence.
拜托 , 我刚才想出一句
Honey, please I just got this sentence.
爹地…
Daddy! Daddy!
该死…
*** it! *** it!
去沙发上坐着别动
Get over there and sit on that couch and don't move!
我就知道会这样…
I knew this was gonna happen! I knew it!
不是叫你别在这里喝东西 ?
Who told you not to drink this stuff here?
抱歉 是啊 , 你抱歉
Sorry. Yeah, you're sorry.
我告诉过你在餐厅喝果汁 不准再把东西带到这里
Told you to keep that juice in the dining room!
抱歉
Sorry.
是谁带你去公园 把你想要的东西都买给你 ?
Who took you to the park, gave you everything you wanted?
是谁买冰淇淋给你 ? 是你
Who bought you an ice cream? You.
是谁答应爹地 回家以后别吵他工作 ?
And who promised Daddy that when we got home, you'd let him work?
都毁了 , 不能救了 抱歉
That's ruined. I can't fix that. Sorry.
早就超过你上床时间 了 你何不去睡觉 ?
It's past your bedtime. Why don't you go to sleep?
刷牙 , 上完厕所要冲水
And brush your teeth and flush the toilet.
买了纸巾 , 还要什么 ? 还要清洁剂
Paper towels. What else? We need detergent.
好 , 走吧
All right.
妈妈都是买上面 有橘 色圈圈这种
No, Mommy buys the kind with the orange circles on it.
这两种没什么不同 妈妈说这种最好
There's no difference. Mom said it was the best.
我们走 拿粉红色那种
Let's go. Get the pink stuff.
好 , 走了
All right, come on.
好 , 就这样
Okay. That's it.
我们还要谷类食品
We need some cereal.
好 , 哪种颜色的 ?
Okay, what colour?
比利
Hey, Billy!
比利 我说过妈妈会在这星期写信来
Billy! Told you Mommy would write before the week was up.
她什么时候回来 ? 马上就知道了
When is she coming back? That's what we're gonna find out now.
好 , 我们来念信吧
Okay. Let's read it.
“我亲爱的比利…”
" My dearest, sweet Billy."
就是你
That's you.
妈咪走了 …
" Mommy has gone away.
世界上 , 有时候…
Sometimes in the world...
…爹地走了 …
...daddies go away...
…妈咪留下来把小朋友带大
...and mommies bring up their little boys.
有时候妈咪也会走…
But sometimes, a mommy can go away too...
…你爹地会把你带大
...and you have your daddy to bring you up.
我走的原因是 我要替自己…
I have gone away because I must find...
…找些有趣的事做
...something interesting to do for myself in the world.
大家都得这么做 , 我也是
Everybody has to, and so do l.
当你的妈咪是一件事 但世界上还有其他事…
Being your mommy was one thing, but there are other things too...
…这就是我必须做的
...and this is what I have to do.
我一直没机会告诉你这些事…
I did not get a chance to tell you this...
…所以我写信给你
...and that is why I'm writing you now.
我永远都是你的妈咪…
I will always be your mommy...
…我会永远爱你
...and I will always love you.
虽然我不能当你家里的妈咪…
I just won't be your mommy in the house...
…但仍是你心中的妈咪
...but I'll be your mommy at the heart.
现在我得离开 去做一个我必须做的人
And now I must go and be the person I have to be."
我们改天再念这封信 , 好吗 ?
We'll read this another time.
我无所谓
I don't care.
泰德和乔安娜克拉玛 1 9 6 9 年4 月 4 日 成婚
吉姆 , 晚安 泰德 , 进来
Good night, Jim. Come on in.
喝一杯 不行 , 我迟了
Have a drink. I can't, I'm late now.
急什么 ? 我们要替诺曼办个 小派对 , 他在这里待五年了
What's the rush? We're having a party for Norman. Five years here.
你能相信吗 ?
Can you believe it?
我想留下来 , 但我迟到 了 我要去接比利
Wish I could, but I'm late. I gotta pick up Billy.
你认识宣传部门的杰瑞吗 ?
You know Jerry Hoover, in media?
我要跟你说他的一件糗事
Tell you something funny.
我得走了 , 周一见
Gotta go. See you Monday.
计程车 !
Taxi!
计程车 !
Taxi!
拿去 , 不用找了 谢谢
Here, keep the change. Thanks.
克莱太太 , 很抱歉我迟到了
Hi, Mrs. Kline. I'm sorry I'm late.
没关系 , 但比利有点不高兴
That's all right, but Billy is upset.
小子 , 你好吗 ?
Hey, how's it going, sport?
我下班时公司 有点事
I had a little trouble getting away from the office.
抱歉 , 走吧 , 我们走了
Sorry. Come on, let's get going.
谢谢你来 , 比利 , 等一下
Thanks for coming, Billy. Oh, wait a minute.
别忘 了糖果袋 多谢了
Don't forget your goody bag. Thanks very much.
再见 谢谢了
Bye. Thanks a lot.
你玩得高兴吗 ? 你迟到了
So, did you have a lot of fun? You're late.
没那么久 , 只迟二十分钟 你要打赌吗 ?
I'm not that late. Only 20 minutes. Want to bet?
其他的妈妈都比你早来
All the other mothers were there before you.
你为何这么小题大做 ? 路上很塞车
Why are you making such a big deal of it? There was traffic.
如果你想做个大男孩…
If you want to be a big boy...
…就得学着别人说抱歉时…
...you learn that when somebody says they're sorry...
…不要心存怨恨 让人家不好受…
...you don't hold a grudge and make them feel bad for...
…难过很久很久
...a long time afterwards.
好 , 吃吧
Okay, go ahead.
不要用 手吃 拜托 , 比利
Don't eat with your fingers. Come on, Billy.
你知道怎么做
You know better than that. Here.
用叉子
Use a fork.
好 , 坐好…
Come on, come on. Sit up, sit up, sit up.
今天在学校如何 ?
How was school today?
和平常一样
Same as usual.
尼克队今天赢了
I see the Knicks finally won a game.
我无所谓
I don't care.
什么意思 ?
What do you mean?
我喜欢波士顿队 波士顿 ? 为何喜欢波士顿队
I like Boston. Boston? Why do you like Boston?
因为妈咪是波士顿人
Because Mommy's from Boston.
好吧 , 坐好 , 吃多一点
Sit up and try to eat. Come on.
我可以先离席吗 ? 我想睡觉 了
Can I be excused? I want to go to bed.
吃太多生日蛋糕了吗 ?
Too much birthday cake?
大概是吧
Yeah, I guess.
很抱歉
I'm sorry. Excuse me.
露意丝 , 来帮我一下
Louise, give me a hand.
你迟到 1 5 分钟
You're 1 5 minutes late.
康诺先生很生气 就这些 ?
Mr. O'Connor is very upset. This all of it?
是的 , 你要现在看信吗 ? 不要 , 有谁留话吗 ?
Yes. Do you want your mail now? No, just give me the messages.
提醒我午餐时买个哭泣娃娃
Remind me to get a Crying Chrissie doll at lunch.
好…
Okay, okay.
抱歉 , 我迟到了
Sorry I'm late.
下周二4点学校有家长会
And there's a PTA meeting at the school on Tuesday at 4.
好 , 谢谢你
Right, thanks.
把鸡放进冰箱
Put the chicken in the refrigerator.
知道查理现在和谁约会吗 ?
Know who Charley's seeing now?
谁 ?
Who?
离婚的女人 , 有两个女儿 和金还有佩蒂一样大
A divorced woman with two little girls the same age as Kim and Petey.
你开玩笑吗 ? … 没有
Are you kidding? No.
你怎么知道的 ?
How do you know?
我就是知道
I know.
你和查理分手多久了 ?
How long has it been since you two broke up?
一年半
Year and a half.
那么久了吗 ?
That long?
我说过你们分手时…
Did I ever tell you how sorry...
…我和乔安娜多遗憾 多难过吗 ?
...how sad Joanna and I were when you guys split?
看看那两个可爱的小男 生
Look at that cute little boy over there.
你想你会再婚吗 ?
You think you'll ever get married again?
我是说和任何人 不会
I mean, to anybody. No.
为什么 ?
Why?
也许没有小孩会不同 , 但…
Maybe it's different if you don't have children, but...
…就算查理和我不住在一起…
...even if Charley and I aren't living together, and even if we're...
…就算我们都和别人上床 或查理再婚…
...sleeping with other people, even if he were to get married again...
他还是我先生…
...he's still my husband...
…和孩子的爸爸…
...and he's still the father of my children and....
俗话说“至死不渝”是没错的
That stuff about "till death do you part," that's really true.
那我问你 如果查理的中年危机结束
Let's say Charley finishes his midlife crisis...
…和别的女人玩够了 来敲门要你原谅他
...he's had it with his flings and comes asking for forgiveness.
你会怎么做 ?
What would you do?
我想当初如果他真的爱我…
I think that if he really loved me...
…就不会让我跟他离婚
...he wouldn't have let me divorce him.
你还是想着他对不对 ?
You still think about him, don't you?
只是常常吧
Only all the time.
你想念乔安娜吗 ? 没想过
Think about Joanna? Never.
骗人
Liar.
半斤八两
Some pair, boy.
我不相信
I don't believe it.
你错过闭幕礼 我很抱歉
You missed the closing. I'm sorry.
听好 , 我要告诉你我很紧张
Look, I gotta tell you something. I'm getting very nervous here.
自 从你太太离开你之后 有八个月吗 ?
Ever since your wife left you. Is it eight months now?
你并没好转
You're not getting any better.
什么意思 ?
What do you mean?
听好 , 我不能让你的私事 影响我的责任
Look, I can't let your family problems interfere with my responsibilities.
我有公司要经营
I got a shop to run.
我很懊悔 我答应你这不会再发生了
I regret it, and I promise you it will never happen again.
好吗 ?
Okay?
喂 ?
Yeah?
等一下
Yeah, wait a minute.
你的电话 , 接4 6 1 线 是谁 ?
It's for you, pick up 461 . Who is it?
接4 6 1
Pick up 461 .
哪位 ?
Yeah?
比利 , 怎么了 ?
Oh, hi, Billy. What's up?
不行 , 每天看电视一小时 这是规定
No, one hour of television a day. That's the rule.
不行
No.
我不管其他人的妈妈怎么做 比利 , 我们说好的
I don't care what the other mothers do, Billy. We made a deal.
我现在不方便谈 , 我在忙
I can't talk now. I'm busy.
等我晚上回家再说好吗 ?
We will talk about it tonight when I get home, all right?
双份巧克力脆片 , 我记得
Double chocolate chip. I remember.
我开始很紧张了
I'm getting very nervous.
把东西放下 , 吃你的晚饭
Put that down and eat your dinner.
这是什么烂东西 ?
What is this crap?
这是汤汁肉饼 我讨厌吃
It's Salisbury steak. I hate it.
你上周吃过 , 你说你喜欢
You had it last week and you loved it.
我没说 , 我讨厌这些 咖啡色的东西 , 很恶心
No, I didn't. I hate the brown stuff. It's gross.
好 , 那些是洋葱和肉汤汁 我对洋葱过敏
It's onions and gravy. I'm allergic to onions.
你没有对洋葱过敏 你上周才吃过…
You are not. You had this last week...
…还记得我说 , 这是我最喜欢吃的 你说你也是
...and I said it was my favourite and you said, " It's my favourite too."
我没说 你有说
I did not. Yes, you did.
这是汉堡肉饼
It's regular hamburger.
吃一口就好 , 很好吃
Take a bite. It's delicious.
现在又怎么了 ?
What's the matter?
我要吐了
I'm gonna throw up.
不 , 你不会吐 好恶心
No, you're not. It's yucky.
才不恶心 , 比利 , 吃下去
It is not yucky, Billy. Eat it.
你记得买 巧克力脆片冰淇淋吗 ?
Did you bring the chocolate chip ice cream home?
我记得买巧克力脆片 冰淇淋…
Yes, I brought the chocolate chip ice cream home...
…但你现在不能吃 除非吃完你的晚餐
...and you can't have it until you eat all your dinner
你要去哪里 ? 马上回来
Where are you going? Get back here now.
听到没 ?
Did you hear me?
你最好别这样
You'd better not do that.
小子 , 你最好立刻住手 我警告你
You'd better stop right there. I'm warning you.
听到没 ?
Did you hear me?
给我听好 别耍聪明
Now, you listen to me. Don't be smart.
把它放回去 , 先吃完晚餐
Put that back until you finish your dinner.
好 , 我警告你 敢吃一 口你就麻烦大了
If you take one bite out of that, you're in trouble.
你敢 , 你敢…吃
Don't you dare. Don't you dare do that.
听到没 ? 住手 , 给我停下来
You hear me? Hold it right there.
你敢把冰淇淋放进嘴巴 你就有很大很大的麻烦
You put that ice cream in your mouth and you are in very big trouble.
不准放进嘴巴 , 马上放下
Don't you dare go anywhere beyond that. Put it down.
我不会再说了 我不会再说了
I am not going to say it again. I am not going to say it again.
你弄痛我了 !
You're hurting me!
你敢踢我 ?
Don't you kick me.
我恨你 ! 你也没好到哪儿去
I hate you! You're no bargain either, pal.
你是个被宠坏的小子 !
You are a spoiled little brat!
我恨你 ! 那我也恨你 , 你这个小混蛋
I hate you! I hate you back, you little ***!
我要我妈咪 ! 你只有我
I want my mommy! I'm all you've got.
我要我妈咪 !
I want my mommy!
我要妈咪 !
I want my mommy!
我要妈咪 !
I want my mommy!
妈咪…
Mommy....
爹地 ?
Daddy?
爹地 ?
Daddy?
怎样 ? 我很抱歉
Yeah? I'm sorry.
我也很抱歉
I'm sorry too.
我要你好好睡 , 因为很晚了
I want you to go to sleep because it's really late.
爹地 ?
Daddy?
又有什么事 ?
Now what is it?
你会走吗 ?
Are you going away?
不
No.
我会和你一起 你没那么容易甩掉我
I'm staying here with you. You can't get rid of me that easy.
妈咪就是这样才走的 , 是吗 ? 因为我不乖 ?
That's why Mommy left, isn't it? Because I was bad?
你这样想吗 ?
Is that what you think?
不是
No.
不是这样 , 比利 你妈咪很爱你…
That's not it, Billy. Your mom loves you very much...
…她走不是因为你
...and the reason she left has nothing to do with you.
我不知道这样说你懂不懂 但我尽量解释
I don't know if this will make sense, but I'll try to explain it to you.
我想你妈咪走的原因…
I think the reason why Mommy left...
…是因为我一直…
...was because for a long time...
…要她成为某种样子的人
...l kept trying to make her be a certain kind of person.
变成我想要的那种太太
A certain kind of wife that I thought she was supposed to be.
但她不是那样的人…
And she just wasn't like that. She was....
她就不是那样的人
She just wasn't like that.
现在我仔细想想 她努力了很久要让我快乐…
I think that she tried for so long to make me happy...
…当她做不到时 她想和我谈
...and when she couldn't, she tried to talk to me about it.
但我没在听 , 因为我太忙了 …
But I wasn't listening. I was too busy, too wrapped up...
…我只想着自己的事
...just thinking about myself.
我以为只要我高兴 她就会高兴
And I thought that anytime I was happy, she was happy.
但内心里她很不快乐
But I think underneath she was very sad.
妈咪本来早就想离开 她一直没走是因为她非常爱你
Mommy stayed here longer than she wanted because she loves you so much.
妈咪会离开…
And the reason why Mommy couldn't stay anymore...
…是因为她受不了我
...was because she couldn't stand me.
她不走是因为你 , 而是因为我
She didn't leave because of you. She left because of me.
现在睡吧 因为真的很晚了 , 好吗 ?
Go to sleep now because it's really late, okay?
晚安
Good night.
好好睡 别让臭虫咬了
Sleep tight. Don't let the bedbugs bite.
明天早上见
See you in the morning light.
爹地 什么事 ?
Daddy? Yeah?
我爱你
I love you.
我也爱你
I love you too.
万圣节快乐
各位先生女士… 各位先生女士…
Ladies and gentlemen... Ladies and gentlemen...
欢迎参加我们的万圣节联欢会
...welcome to our Halloween Pageant.
欢迎参加我们的万圣节联欢会
...welcome to our Halloween Pageant.
我们有可怕的妖精 我们有可怕的妖精
With gruesome goblins. With gruesome goblins.
和恐怖的鬼怪
And ghostly ghosts.
邪恶的巫婆和吓人的恶魔
And wicked witches and spooky spooks.
汤姆 , 我们都知道 这样违反隐私权法
Tom, you and I both know it's a violation of privacy laws.
听好 , 那都一样 不管名字相 同或样貌相似
Look, it doesn't make any difference. It's name or likeness.
我不管他们说什么 告诉他们想要就要付钱
I don't care. Tell them if they want it, they have to pay for it.
好 , 再见
All right, bye bye.
克拉玛
Hello, Kramer.
可以看看大西洋的文案吗 ?
Can you check the copy on Mid Atlantic?
我想应该没问题
I think it's okay.
好
Yes.
好什么 ?
Yes, what?
我和你一起吃晚饭
I'll have dinner with you.
谢谢
Thank you.
不客气
You're welcome.
可恶 !
Oh, ***!
我得走了 怎么了 ?
I gotta go. What's the matter?
我得走了
I gotta go.
要我帮你叫车吗 ? 不用了 , 我八点要开会
Want me to call a cab? No, I've got an 8:00 meeting.
你去哪里 ? 洗手间
Where you going? Bathroom.
那是衣橱 , 洗手间在那里
That's a closet. Bathroom's over there.
对了
Yeah, you're right.
那些白痴违了FTC的法 我得去那里
These morons are violating the FTC regulations, and I have to make sure
嗨
Hi.
你叫什么名字 ? 菲莉丝博奈
What's your name? I'm Phyllis Bernard.
谁 ?
Who?
我是你爸爸的 朋友…同事
I'm a friend, uh, business associate of your father's.
天啊
Oh, Jesus.
你喜欢炸鸡吗 ? 炸鸡 ? 很喜欢
Do you like fried chicken? Fried chicken? Very much.
我也是
So do l.
我真的…
Well, it's really....
很高兴认识你…
It's nice seeing you and....
再见 再见
Bye. Bye.
克拉玛 , 我刚刚碰到你儿子
Kramer, I just met your son.
拜托 , 不专心你永远不会骑
Come on, you're never going to do this if you don't concentrate.
好极了 , 加油 , 好小子 稳住重心
All right, come on. Thattaboy. Get your centre.
可以吗 ? 觉得怎样 ?
Okay? How's it feel?
很好
Good.
好 , 继续… 很棒 !
Keep it going, keep it going! That's terrific!
不要停 比利 , 脚不要停
Don't stop! Billy, keep your feet moving!
很好 , 你觉得如何 ?
Oh, that's terrific. How do you feel?
很好 ! 你看起来很棒 !
Good! You look great!
别骑太远 !
Don't go too far!
是吗 ? 那只狗真的咬了汤姆
Yeah? And so the dog really hurt Tom.
然后汤姆就很生气 跳到马铃薯沙拉里…
So Tom got so mad, he jumped in the potato salad...
…把桌子推倒
...and he pushed over the table.
然后呢 ?
Yeah?
然后 我帮你系鞋带
Then Let me get your shoelace.
然后呢 ?
Then what happened?
那只狗就继续追他 然后狗把桌子翻过去
The big dog kept chasing him, then he flipped the table.
上面的东西通通掉下来了 ? 是啊
With all the stuff coming down? Yeah.
然后呢 ?
Then what happened?
我不想迟到
I don't want to be late for school.
你的功课 , 亲我一下
Here's your homework. Give me a kiss.
你好 , 汤姆 嗨
Hi, Tommy. Hi.
计程车 !
Taxi!
嗨
Hi.
保姆不肯说你去哪里
Your babysitter answers, wouldn't say where you were.
拜托 , 告诉我你去哪里
Tell me where you were.
这个嘛…
Well...
我的法文教授终于约我出去了
...my French professor finally asked me out.
什么时候 ? 就是前几天
When? The other day.
你有约会 !
You had a date.
我就知道你有事瞒我
I knew you were keeping something from me!
我觉得他人不错 是的
I thought he was a pretty neat guy. Right.
所以我们就去吃晚饭 然后呢 ?
So we go to dinner. Yeah?
我发现他已婚
I find out he's married.
他在接受心理治疗
He's deep in analysis.
然后他开始告诉我他这一生的事… 太好了 !
He's telling me his life story... Wonderful!
…我坐在那里 , 想到的是…
...and all I can think of while I sit there...
…我付保姆一小时 3 块2 5 分…
...is that I'm paying a babysitter $3.25 an hour...
…听他说他的问题
...to listen to his problems.
爹地 , 你看 !
Daddy! Daddy, look!
把那个放下 我去拿
Take that out of your hand. I'll get him.
听到没 ?
Did you hear me?
停车 !
Hold it, hold it!
好痛 , 爹地
It hurts, Daddy.
快点 , 爹地 好
Daddy, hurry. Okay.
我看不见 , 爹地 把你的头靠下来
I can't see, Daddy. Rest your head.
小心 !
Watch it!
爹地 , 快点
Daddy, please hurry.
我们快到 了 我的眼睛 , 爹地
We're almost there. Can't see in my eye.
我看看… 急诊室在哪里 ?
Let me see. Where's the emergency room?!
告诉我发生什么事 ?
How did this happen?
他从铁架上掉下来
He fell off the jungle gym.
他手上握着一架飞机
He had a plane in his hand.
我快弄好了
I'm just about through.
别弄痛他 我不会
Don't hurt him. I won't hurt him.
克拉玛先生 到外面说几句话 , 好吗 ?
Mr. Kramer, can I talk to you outside?
好 , 她可以进来吗 ?
Yeah. Can she come in?
玛格丽特 , 请你进来一下
Margaret, come in.
爹地 , 留下来 我马上回来
Stay, Daddy. I'll be right back.
爹地 , 不要走 我就在外面
Daddy, stay. I'm just outside.
比利 , 没关系
It's all right, darling.
我只是跟医生讲话
I'm just talking to the doctor.
他马上就回来了
He'll be right back.
我就在这里…
I'm right here.
他会瞎掉吗 ?
Will he lose his eye?
不会 , 但我要帮他缝几针
No, but I have to take some stitches.
要缝几针 ?
How many?
大概 1 0针 什么 ?
About 1 0. What?
别担心 , 不会留下什么疤痕
Don't worry. There won't be much of a scar.
大概要 1 5 分钟 , 你待在这里
This will take about 1 5 minutes, so step over here.
不 , 我要陪着他
I want to be in there with him.
你没有必要待在里面 他是我儿子
You don't need to be in there. He's my son.
如果你要对他做什么 我要陪着他
If you're gonna do something, I'm gonna be with him.
这样才乖 , 你很勇敢
Good boy. You're really brave.
刚才是很大一针
That was a big one.
住手
Stop it.
快好了 …
Okay, we're almost done now. We're almost done now.
他还好吧 ?
How is he?
还好 , 他在睡觉
He's okay. He's sleeping.
他还好 , 我可以自己洗碗
It's okay. I can do that.
泰德 , 我很抱歉 , 都是我的错
Ted, I'm so sorry. I feel responsible.
我不知道发生什么事
I don't know what happened.
前一分钟他还在上面 下一分钟他就躺在地上
One minute he was there and the next he was lying on the ground.
好了 , 玛格丽特
Come on, Margaret.
听我说 我要请你帮忙 , 好吗 ?
Now listen, I want to ask you a favour, okay?
是个大忙
It's a big favour.
如果我发生什么事 我不是说会有什么事发生
If something happened to me I'm not saying anything will
但如果房子垮了压在我身上…
but if a building fell on me...
…你会考虑照顾比利吗 ?
...would you consider taking care of Billy?
我只是要你知道 , 我想过了 …
I want you to know that I put some thought into this...
…我…
...and l...
我…不知道还能把他交给谁
...can't think of anybody else I would trust with him.
我知道你对比利很合适 因为你是个…
I know you'd be okay with him because...
…好妈妈
...you're a good mother.
但洗碗洗得很糟
You're a lousy dishwasher.
好吗 ? 好
All right? Okay.
你很不错
You're all right.
露意丝 , 你要接吗 ?
Louise, you want to get that?
露意丝 , 电话在响 喂
Louise, it's ringing Yeah, hello.
是 , 请问哪位 ?
Yes, who is this?
乔安娜
Joanna.
嗨
Hi.
嗨 你好吗 ?
Hi. How are you?
你看起来很好
You look great.
你的… 什么 ?
How's your...? What?
抱歉 我本来要问你的工作如何 ?
I'm sorry. I was saying, how's your job?
还好 , 不值一提的副总
Fine. Vice president of nothing.
真的 , 工作非常顺利
No, really, it's great.
你要喝点什么吗 ? 跟她一样
Would you like a drink? Whatever she has.
白酒 好
White wine. Wine.
比利如何 ? 他很好
How's Billy? He's terrific.
几周前在公园游戏区 出点小意外 , 他受伤了
He had a little accident in a playground. He cut himself.
我吓死了 我抱他一路跑到医院
It was scary. I ran him to the hospital.
他有个小疤 , 不过会好的
He has a little scar, but he'll be fine.
我一直担心 , 这是我的错
I've been worrying that it's my fault
不 , 别那么想 远远根本看不到
Don't do that. You can't even see it from a distance.
我坐在学校对面的咖啡馆看他
I sit in the coffee shop across from his school and watch him.
他长得好大了
He got so big.
你在看他 ?
You've been watching him?
我回纽约两个月了
I've been in New York for about two months now.
我都不知道
I didn't know that.
总之…
Anyway....
今天来找你是因为…
That's why I wanted to talk to you today.
上次你看到我 , 我情况很糟…
Last time you saw me, I was in pretty bad....
情绪不稳 ? 对 , 没错
Shaky? Really bad shape.
是的
Yeah, I was.
是的
I was.
你现在看起来很好
Well, you look lovely now.
怎么了 ? 我有一番话要说
What? I have a whole speech.
说吧
Go ahead.
我一生都觉得自己是…
All my life I've felt like...
…人家的太太 , 妈妈 , 或女儿
...somebody's wife or mother or daughter.
就是我们在一起的时候 我都不知道自 己是谁
Even when we were together I never knew who I was.
所以我必须离开
That's why I had to go away.
在加州 , 我找到自己
In California, I think I found myself.
有了工作
I got myself a job.
我找了个很好的心理治疗师
I got myself a therapist, a really good one.
我从来没有对自己这么满意过
And I feel better about myself than I ever have in my whole life.
我对自己了解了很多
I learned a lot about myself.
比如说 ?
Such as?
不 , 真的 我想知道你了解什么
No, really, I'd really like to know what you learned.
我了解到我很爱我的小孩
I've learned that I love my little boy.
还有…我有能力照顾他
And that I'm capable of taking care of him.
什么意思 ?
What do you mean?
我要我儿子
I want my son.
你不能这样
You can't have him.
防卫性不要这么强 , 别吓唬我
Don't get defensive. Don't bully me.
我不是防卫性强
I'm not getting defensive.
是谁 1 5 个月 前离开家的 ?
Who walked out 1 5 months ago?
我不管 , 我还是他妈妈
I don't care. I'm still his mother.
在三千哩之外
From 3000 miles away.
只 因为寄了几张明信片 就让你有权利回来这里 ?
Because you sent post cards gives you the right to come back?
但我从没停止不要他过
I never stopped wanting him.
你凭什么确定他要你 ?
What makes you sure he wants you?
那你凭什么确定他不要我 ?
What makes you sure he doesn't?
那我们就坐在这争来争去
We're gonna sit here and bat this back and forth.
就像过去一样 你不能禁止
It's like old times. You can't deny me
不用你告诉我怎么做
Don't tell me what I can or cannot do.
不要那样对我说话 我早想到会这样
Don't talk to me that way. I anticipated this.
你做你必须做的事 我去做我必须做的事
Do what you have to. I'll do what I have to.
事情变成这样我很遗憾
I'm sorry about this.
你该怎么做就怎么做
Do what you have to do.
我不知道法律专有名词 但我想这算是抛弃
I don't know the legal jargon for it, but I think it's "desertion."
我不是要教你怎么做 但我想这场官 司很好打
I don't mean to tell you your job, but I have an open and shut case.
监护权官 司 没有好打的
There's no such thing as an open and shut case where custody is involved.
我敢说你的前妻 已经找了律师…
I'll bet your ex wife has already found a lawyer...
…而且律师建议她 回纽约取得居民身分
...who's advised her to move back to establish residency.
现在的问题是要证明 你前妻是不称职的母亲
The burden is on us to prove that your ex wife is an unfit mother.
也就是说我得要来狠的 如果我来狠的…
That means I'll have to play rough. If I play rough...
…他们也会 , 你可以承受吗 ?
...you can bet they will too. Can you take that?
可以
Yes.
你要花一万五千块钱
And it's going to cost you $1 5,000.
如果我们赢的话
That's if we win.
如果还要上诉 , 花费更多
If we go to appeal, it'll cost you more.
我知道
I understand.
再说一次 , 孩子多大 ?
Now, how old is the child again?
我儿子七岁
My son is 7.
这很难 为什么 ?
That's tough. Why?
因为小孩还小 法官通常倾向母亲那一方
In cases involving a child that young, the court tends to side with her.
但她已让出监护权
She signed over custody.
我不是说没机会赢 , 但不容易
I'm not saying we don't have a shot, but it won't be easy.
帮我个忙好吗 ?
Do me a favour, will you?
我发现面对这种情况 这么做很有用
There's something I find useful in matters like this.
我坐下 写 出正反两面的影响
I sit down and I write out all the pros and cons on an issue.
写下来 , 然后看一看
Write them and look at them.
反面 钱
我要你也这样做 , 好吗 ? 好
I want you to do that, okay? Okay.
之后…
And after that...
…如果确定要保留监护权…
... if you're really certain you want to retain custody...
…我们就狠狠修理他们 好吗 ?
... then we'll go in there and beat the pants off them. Okay?
没有社交生活 不能放松
我爱你 , 比利 我知道你睡着了 , 听不见
I love you, Billy. I know you're sleeping and can't hear me.
我全心爱着你
I love you with all my heart.
泰德 , 有人约午饭吗 ?
Ted, you got a lunch?
吉姆 , 天啊 , 我不知道 我忙着想这个点子
Hi, Jim. I don't know. I was trying to work this idea out here
好 , 我一点钟来接你
Good. I'll pick you up at 1 :00.
没问题
Okay, you got it.
那天早上我站在冰箱前…
So the other morning, I'm at the refrigerator...
…替比利准备上学
...getting Billy ready for school.
我只 穿内衣 他注意到我瘦了
I'm just in my underwear and he notices I've lost weight.
他走过来拍我 他大概到我这里
He comes in and pats me. He comes to here.
然后说 “ 爹地 , 你真的瘦好多”
And he says, " Daddy, you've really lost a lot of weight."
看着我说 “ 肉都跑到你的鼻子去 了”
He looks up at me and he says, "And it's all gone to your nose."
他真可爱 , 你知道吗 ?
He was so cute. You know?
小孩子
You know, kids.
这很好吃 , 你要吃吗 ?
It's delicious, want a taste?
我饱了 真好吃
I'm full. It's good.
听着 , 泰德…
Listen, Ted...
…我在其他广告公司的朋友 打电话给我
...l had a call from a friend of mine over at another agency.
大西洋航空请他们去比稿
The Mid Atlantic people have invited them to pitch the account.
为什么 ?
Why?
我想他们对我们不太满意
They're not happy with what we're doing.
我想你应该请他们过来 让我露一手
I think you should have them over and I'll give a little tap dance.
我已经叫诺曼去处理了
I got Norman working on it.
诺曼 ?
Norman?
你要把这个客户转给别人做 ?
You taking me off the account?
你不喜欢我了 ?
You don't like me anymore?
不是那么简单
It's not quite that simple.
我想我们要有点改变
I think we're gonna have to make a few changes here.
你要开除我 ?
You're firing me?
是 , 我要遣散你 , 没错
Yeah, I'm letting you go, yes.
为什么 ?
Why?
泰德 , 这对我来说很痛苦
Now, look, Ted, this is a very painful thing for me.
但上司们给我很多压力
I've been getting a lot of pressure from the guys upstairs.
我没有其他选择
There wasn't anything I could do.
我想了很久 , 这样比较好
I think it's better this way.
如果我把你降级…
If I took your stripes...
…或把你分到你讨厌的客户 你会因此痛恨我
...if I put you on a schlock account, you'd hate it, and me for doing it.
如此快刀斩乱麻 相信我 , 这样做最好
This way it's a clean break. That's the best thing.
你知道我太太正在和我 打官 司争小孩监护权吗 ?
You know my wife is fighting for custody?
你知道我们就要上法庭了吗 ?
You know that we're going to court?
如果我丢了工作 我的胜算有多少 ?
Do you know what my chances are if I'm out of a job?
我知道你很生气
I understand that you're upset
我不想求你 但我以朋友身份请你帮忙
I don't want to beg, but I'm asking you, please, as a friend.
我请你帮忙
I'm asking you.
你非常聪明 , 真的 你很有天分 , 你可以的
You're an extremely bright guy. You've got a hell of a talent.
你会站起来 , 会活下去
You're gonna land on your feet. You're gonna survive.
泰德 , 听着
Teddy, look.
我知道你现在手头紧
I know you may be short on cash.
不用急着还我这些钱
No big hurry about paying this back.
你真可耻
Shame on you.
爹地 , 电话
Daddy, the phone's ringing.
克拉玛先生 ? 我是
Mr. Kramer? Yes.
稍候 , 尚纳希先生找你 泰德
Hold on for Mr. Shaunessy. Ted.
约翰 , 什么事 ?
John. What's happening?
他们订好开庭时间 我今天听说订在 1 月 9 日
They set the court date. I just heard today it's January 9th.
我要告诉你一件事 我今天被公司资遣了
I gotta tell you something. I got fired today. They laid me off.
我还在 , 泰德我不骗你
Yeah, I'm still here. Ted, I won't lie to you.
如果你没工作 我们就没机会得到监护权
We don't have a hope of winning if you're out of work.
是 , 听好 , 你告诉
Yeah, listen, you tell that
你告诉对方还有对方的律师…
You tell that party and you tell that party's attorney...
…说我要延后开庭
...that I want a delay.
泰德 , 很抱歉 , 真的太迟了
Sorry, it's really too late.
好 , 我会在一天内找到工作 你要怎么做到 ?
Fine. I'll have a job in 24 hours. How?
我会在一天内找到工作
I'll have a job in 24 hours.
你知道这是一年里 最难找工作的时候
This is the worst time to look for work.
现在大家都在放假 我知道2月中会有工作
It's the holidays. We'll have something for you by mid February.
最晚是 3 月 我不能等
March, at the latest. I can't wait.
今天是 1 2 月 2 2 日
Mr. Kramer, it's December 22.
请你看一下你的卡片簿
If you could just look in your card catalogue.
什么我都做
I'll take anything.
在诺曼公司可能有机会
There might be something at Norman, Craig and Kummel.
什么样的工作 ?
What is it?
在美术部门的
Something in the art department.
你得回去画图稿
You'd go back on the board.
你这是不进则退 薪水一年少了快五千元
It's really a step down, and a cut in salary of 5000.
我想你等到元旦以后会比较好
You'll be happier if you wait.
帮我忙打电话 帮我约今天下午四点
Call them up, make an appointment for me today at 4:00.
今天是圣诞节前的周五
It's the Friday before Christmas.
但还是工作日
It's still a workday.
没有人会要
Nobody's gonna want to
好 , 不是你打就是我打
Either you call them or I do.
但如果是我打 你就拿不到佣金 , 对吧 ?
If I call them up, you don't get a commission. Right?
你可真厉害 , 不是吗 ?
My, we are a hotshot, aren't we?
没错
Yes, we are.
午安 我是克拉玛 , 我有约
Good afternoon. I'm Kramer. I have an appointment.
这些文案都是我做的
I did all of the copy on that one.
那是他们历来最成功的宣传活动
That was the most successful ad campaign they ever had.
那个设计 和大部份文案都是我做的
I did the idea, the layout and most of the copy on that one.
克拉玛先生 , 我很欣赏
Mr. Kramer, I must say, this is very impressive.
我会回消息给你
I'd like to get back to you.
在你们决定以前 我还要见谁 ?
Is there someone I should see before you come to your decision?
史班瑟先生 , 我们的创意总监
Mr. Spencer, our creative director.
何不让我现在就见他 ?
Why don't you let me see him now?
抱歉 , 他今晚就要离开 但等他回来我会安排
He's leaving on vacation. I'll set something up the moment he gets back.
我想那 过节愉快
I think Have a nice holiday.
我要在他离开前见他
I'd like to see him before he leaves.
克拉玛先生 我很想要这份工作
Mr. Kramer, I don't I want this position very much.
在这里等一下
Wait here.
克拉玛先生这位是史班瑟先生
Mr. Kramer, Mr. Spencer.
你好 你有十分钟
How do you do? You got 1 0 minutes.
你知道年薪少了4千8百块 ?
You do understand that the salary is $4800 less than you were making?
是的 , 我知道
Yes, I understand.
你为何想屈就这份工作 ?
Why are you interested in a position for which you're overqualified?
我需要工作
I need the job.
让我想想看 , 我会让杰克知道 他会和你连络
Let me think. I'll let Jack know and he'll get in touch with you.
不 , 这是今天才有的条件
This is a one day offer.
你们看 了我的作品 知道我可以应付那份工作
You saw my book, you know I can handle the work.
但你要今天让我知道 不是等放完假
You're gonna have to let me know today, not at the end of the holidays.
如果你真的要我就现在做决定
If you want me, make a decision right now.
让我们私下谈谈好吗 ?
Could we talk privately for a moment?
当然
Yes, sir.
克拉玛先生 你录取了 , 恭喜
Mr. Kramer, you got yourself a job. Congratulations.
真的 ?
Really?
他在开玩笑吗 ? 欢迎你
Is he kidding? Welcome aboard.
谢谢 , 多谢了 …
Thank you. Thank you very much. Thanks.
圣诞快乐
Merry Christmas.
快点
Come on.
你觉得怎么样 ? 不错
What do you think? It's neat.
我早就告诉你 其他的人呢 ?
I told you. Where is everybody?
今天是周六 , 所以很少人来 因为他们都放假了
It's Saturday, so very few people come in because it's a day off.
好 , 按“往上”
Okay, push " up."
按最上面的那个
Push the top button. Very top button.
跳啊
Go ahead, jump.
看窗户 ! 好棒 !
Look at that! Neat!
你不知道会到这么高的地方来
You didn't know you were so high.
那栋是什么 ? 屋顶上有尖尖的
What building is that? That has the pointy top.
克莱斯勒大楼
That's the Chrysler.
你以我为荣吗 ?
You proud of me?
你怎么找到这份工作的 ?
How'd you get this job?
我告诉他们我想要这份工作 上面写什么 ?
I told them I wanted it. What's that say?
“ 克拉玛”
It says " Kramer."
克拉玛是谁啊 ?
Kramer. Who's that?
是我们 那就对了
That's us. That's right.
你要看吗 ?
You want to see?
哇 !
Wow!
好棒喔 喜欢吗 ?
This is neat. You like it?
小心…
Careful, careful.
我没事 你吓死我了
I'm okay. Scare me.
那一栋房子是什么 ?
What's that building?
那是联合国大厦 那边是东河
That's the U.N. building. That's the East River.
还有那边 , 看到没 ?
Look across there. You see that?
那里是皇后区 往那边一直往下走
That's Queens. Look way, way down there.
你知道是哪里吗 ? 是哪里 ?
Know what that is? What?
布鲁克林 那不是你小时候住的地方吗 ?
Brooklyn. Where you lived when you were a kid?
没错 , 这里是我工作的地方
That's right, and this is where I work.
这真的是你的桌子 ?
Is this really your desk?
你会不会再结婚 ?
Are you gonna get remarried?
我没想过
I hadn't thought about it.
你会不会和菲莉丝结婚 ?
Are you gonna marry Phyllis?
不会 , 我们只是好朋友
No, we're just good friends.
那你会不会和妈咪再结婚 ?
Are you and Mom ever gonna get remarried?
不会 , 妈咪和我不会再结婚了
No, Mommy and me will never be remarried.
我敢说如果她看到这个 一定会再嫁给你的
I bet if she saw this, she'd remarry you.
你真会耍赖 , 我们说好的
You're a con artist. We made a deal.
每天洗澡…
You take a bath every night...
…每周还要洗两次脏头发 对不对 ?
...and you wash that filthy hair twice a week, right?
对不对 ? 对
Right? Yeah.
好
Okay.
现在答应我 , 不然就不能去
Promise, or you're not going.
妈咪在的时候 我每周要洗两次头吗 ?
Did I have to when Mommy was here?
我不管妈咪在的时候
I don't care what you had to do when Mommy
爹地 , 我那时要吗 ?
Did l, Dad? Did l?
爹地 , 你在听我说吗 ?
Are you listening?
好 , 今晚我们回家再说好吗 ?
We'll talk about it tonight when I get home, okay?
好 , 现在亲我一下
Come here, give me a kiss.
怎样 ? 你是个很乖的小孩
What? You're a terrific kid.
他说“ 有一只独角兽”
He says, "There's the unicorn."
接着他就钻到下面去了 然后说 :
And he goes underneath there, and he says:
发生什么事 ?
" Crumbs, what's happening?
空气补给停了
The air supply has stopped.
“ 雷暴风 , 你们在做什么 ? ”
Thundering typhoons, what are you doing?"
“我们在休息 这工作很累人”
" Resting. It's tiring work, you know."
什么是空气补给 ?
What's the air supply?
当你背上背了两个氧气筒 却无法呼吸…
When you got two tanks on your back and you can't get any air...
…可能会淹死 所以要有空气补给
...you can drown, so he's gotta have that.
泰德 , 我是约翰尚纳希
Ted, John Shaunessy.
约翰 , 什么事 ?
Hi, what's up?
我刚接到你太太律师的电话 她想见孩子
I got a call from your wife's lawyer. She wants to see the kid.
她要干嘛 ? 她是母亲
She wants what? She's the mother.
这是在合法的权利范围
She's within her legal rights.
我怎能确定她不会绑架他 泰德 , 我想如果她要…
How do I know she won't kidnap him? I don't think she'd bother...
…绑架孩子就不会打官司了
...suing if she's gonna kidnap him.
好 , 等一下 我不太确定她的精神状况
Wait. I'm not so sure about her mental health.
什么意思 ? 她说她在看神经病医生
What do you mean? She said she was seeing a shrink.
心理治疗师
A psychiatrist.
你看过她对墙壁说话吗 ?
Did you see her talk to walls?
我只是说 , 你知道的
I'm just saying, you know.
我只是说你没有选择
I'm just saying you don't have a choice.
周六早上 1 0 点 带比利到中央公园的池塘去
Have Billy at the boat pond in Central Park, Saturday at 1 0.
一定要去吗 ? 是的
Do I have to? Yes.
谢谢
Thanks very much.
爹地 你要回来念完这个故事吗 ?
Daddy, will you come on and finish the story?
好 , 我马上就来
Okay, I'm coming. I'm coming.
如果那个人淹死怎么办 ? 他们要怎么找到他 ?
What happens if the guy drowns? How do they find him?
我想人死的时候 会有一些气泡升上来
When you die, there's bubbles that come up or something.
我刚说到哪里 ?
Where did I leave off?
说到这里
You left off right there.
“ 雷暴风…”
"Thundering typhoons...."
还有障碍路线什么的
It's got an obstacle course and stuff.
那车子跑得很快 多少钱 ?
The cars go really fast. How much?
真的很棒
It's really neat.
那个很棒
It's neat.
来这里 , 我要你看 好…
Come here, I want you to look Okay, okay.
6 点前我会送他回来
I'll have him back by 6.
你长得好帅啊
You got so handsome.
记住 , 我们谈过 回答要简短 , 讲重点
Remember, we talked about it, keep your answers short and succinct.
说实话就没问题 , 相信我
Just tell the truth and it'll be all right. Believe me.
她来了 我知道 , 我看到她了
She's here. Yeah, I know. I saw her.
不管怎么做 , 不要太情绪化 不管那个男 的说什么
Whatever you do, try not to become emotional, no matter what he says.
你会听到很多让你生气的话 但你都不要有反应
You'll hear things that may upset you. I don't want you to react.
纽约州高等法院…
Persons having business with the Supreme Court, State of New York...
…特别开庭期第五期 各位有关人士请上前陈情
...special term part five, draw nigh and ye shall be heard.
现在开庭 , 由艾特亭法官审理 全体起立
This court is now in session. Judge Atkins presiding. All rise.
原告律师准备好了吗 ? 是的 , 庭上
Is the petitioner's attorney ready? I am, Your Honour.
我想传唤乔安娜克拉玛
I would like to call Joanna Kramer.
用母爱直接攻击要害
Motherhood, going for the throat.
你发誓所言句句属实 绝无虚言 ?
You swear to tell the truth and nothing but the truth?
是的
I do.
克拉玛太太 请告诉庭上你结婚多久了 ?
Now, Mrs. Kramer, would you tell the court how long you were married?
8 年
Eight years.
这几年你是否快乐 ?
And would you describe those years as happy?
头两年很快乐
The first two, yes.
但之后就越来越艰难
But after that it became increasingly difficult.
克拉玛太太 你结婚之前有工作吗 ?
Mrs. Kramer, did you hold a job before you were married?
我有 我从史密斯学院毕业后…
Yes, I did. When I first got out of Smith...
…在女仕杂志设计部门 工作好几年
...l worked in the art department of Mademoiselle magazine for years.
你结婚之后有继续工作吗 ?
Did you continue to work after you were married?
没有
No. I did not.
你当时想工作吗 ?
Did you wish to?
想 , 但每次我和泰德
Yes, but every time I talked to Ted
我的前夫讨论 他都不听
To my ex husband about it, he wouldn't listen.
他拒绝认真和我讨论
He refused to discuss it in any serious way.
他曾说我就算找到工作…
He said that I probably couldn't get a job...
…薪水可能也不够付保姆费
...that would pay enough to hire a babysitter.
请告诉我 , 你现在有工作吗 ?
Tell me, are you employed at the present time?
有 , 我现在是纽约一家 运动服装的设计师
I'm a sportswear designer here in New York.
你现在的薪水是多少 ?
And what is your present salary?
年薪三万一千元
I make $31 ,000 a year.
克拉玛太太 , 你爱你的孩子吗 ?
Mrs. Kramer, do you love your child?
我非常爱他
Yes, I do, very much.
但你却选择离开他
And yet you chose to leave him.
是的
Yes.
在过去的 5 年婚姻中…
During the last five years of our marriage...
…我越来越不快乐
...l was becoming more and more unhappy.
越来越困惑
More and more troubled.
我很需要有人帮我…
And I really needed somebody to help me...
…但当我向泰德求助 , 他…
...but when I turned to Ted, he just...
…他不帮我
...wasn't there for me.
所以我们越来越…
So we became more isolated from one another...
…疏离与孤独
...more and more separate.
他对事业非常投入
He was very involved in his career.
由于他对我的恐惧不关心…
And because of his attitude towards my fears...
…对我的感受也无力面对…
...and his inability to deal with my feelings...
…我几乎没有任何自信
...l had come to have almost no self esteem.
我很害怕 , 很不快乐
I was scared and I was very unhappy.
在我心里 , 除了离开别无选择
In my mind I had no choice but to leave.
当我离开的时候 我觉得自己很糟糕…
At the time I left, I felt that there was something wrong with me...
…所以孩子没有我比较好
...and that my son would be better off without me.
后来我到加州去 经过心理治疗后…
And it was only after I got to California that I realized...
…才发现自己没那么糟糕
...after getting into therapy, that I wasn't a terrible person.
除了孩子以外 , 我还需要 创作上或情绪上的缓解…
And just because I needed some kind of creative or emotional outlet...
…但这并不表示 我是不称职的母亲
...other than my child, that didn't make me unfit.
我要呈上一份证物 是克拉玛太太的心理治疗师…
I would like to submit in evidence a report by Mrs. Kramer's therapist...
…费德曼医师的报告
...Dr. Eleanor Freedman.
反对
Objection, Your Honour.
这份报告与本案无关 而且对被告没有法律约束力
The report is irrelevant and not binding on the respondent.
反对无效
Overruled.
克拉玛太太 , 请告诉庭上 为何你要申请监护权 ?
Can you tell the court why you are asking for custody?
因为他是我的小孩…
Because he's my child...
…而且我爱他
...and because I love him.
我知道我离开了我儿子
I know I left my son.
我知道这么做很糟糕
I know that that's a terrible thing to do.
相信我 我这一辈子都会因此自责
Believe me, I have to live with that every day of my life.
但为了离开他…
But in order to leave him...
…我必须相信自己 当时别无选择…
...l had to believe it was the only thing I could do...
…那样做对他最好
...and that it was the best thing for him.
我在那个家不能运作
I was incapable of functioning in that home.
我不知道…
And I didn't know...
…有什么其他办法…
...what the alternative was...
…所以我想最好不要带他走
...so I thought it was not best that I take him with me.
但后来我得到一些帮助…
However, I have since gotten some help...
…而且我非常努力 成为一个健全的人
...and I have worked very, very hard to become a whole human being.
我不应该因此受到惩罚
I don't think I should be punished for that.
我不认为 我的小孩应该受惩罚
I don't think my little boy should be punished.
比利现在才七岁
Billy's only 7 years old.
他需要我
He needs me.
我不是说他不需要他父亲…
I'm not saying he doesn't need his father...
…但我真的相信他更需要我
...but I really believe he needs me more.
我当了他 5 年半的妈咪…
I was his mommy for five and a half years...
…而泰德父代母职 1 8个月
...and Ted took over that role for 1 8 months.
我不懂谁会认为…
But I don't know how anybody can possibly believe...
…克拉玛先生…
...that I have less of a stake in mothering that little boy...
…比我更适合当这孩子的母亲
...than Mr. Kramer does.
我是他的母亲
I'm his mother.
我是他的母亲
I'm his mother.
谢谢 , 克拉玛太太
Thank you, Mrs. Kramer.
我没有问题了
I have no further questions.
克拉玛太太…
Now then, Mrs. Kramer...
…你说你结婚8年 , 对吗 ?
...you say that you were married for eight years, is that correct?
在那段时间你先生有没有打你 或用其他方式凌虐你
In all that time did your husband ever strike you or physically abuse you?
没有
No.
那他有没有 打你的孩子或凌虐他 ?
Did he ever strike or physically abuse his child in any way?
你的先生是个酗酒者吗 ?
Would you describe your husband as an alcoholic?
他常常喝酒吗 ?
A heavy drinker?
他对你不忠吗 ?
Was he unfaithful?
那他是曾让你生活有所匮乏 ?
Did he ever fail to provide for you in any way?
那我可知道你为何离开他了
I can certainly see why you left him.
反对
Objection.
你打算在纽约住多久 ?
How long do you plan to live in New York, Mrs. Kramer?
一辈子
Permanently.
你这辈子交过多少男朋友 ?
How many boyfriends have you had, permanently?
反对问题不明确
Objection on grounds of vagueness.
证人必须作答
I'll allow it.
我不记得了
I don't recall.
多于 3 个 , 少于 3 3 个 ?
More than three, less than 33, permanently?
反对 反对无效
Objection. Overruled.
证人请回答
The witness will answer, please.
大概在这之间
Somewhere in between.
你现在有爱人吗 ?
Do you have a lover now?
庭上 , 我要求证人直接回答
Your Honour, I would request a direct answer to a direct question.
她有爱人吗 ?
Does she have a lover?
本席允许 证人请回答
I'll allow that. The witness will answer, please.
是的 , 我有交往对象
Yes, I'm seeing someone now.
这是…一辈子的吗 ?
Is that...permanent?
我不知道
I don't know.
你说“ 一辈子” 我们根本不能确定…
We don't know when you say permanently...
…你是否会住在纽约 或照顾孩子一辈子…
...if you plan to live in New York, or keep your child, for that matter...
既然你从来没做过什么 可以被认为一辈子不变的事
...since you've never done anything that could be regarded as permanent.
反对 , 我要求庭上 阻止对方律师骚扰证人
Objection. I request the counsel be prevented from harassing the witness.
反对有效
Sustained.
那我用另一种方式问好了
I'll put it another way, counsellor.
除了和父母 及女性朋友的感情…
What was the longest personal relationship in your life...
…你哪一份关系是最长久的 ?
...outside of parents or girlfriends?
我想是我小孩的关系
I suppose that would be my child.
但你一年只见他两次 ?
Whom you've seen twice in a year.
克拉玛太太 , 你和前夫的…
Mrs. Kramer, your ex husband...
…关系不是最长的吗 ?
...wasn't he the longest personal relationship in your life?
请说大声一点 克拉玛太太 , 我听不见
Would you speak up? I couldn't hear you.
是的
Yes.
有多久 ?
How long was that?
我们在孩子出生前一年结婚…
We were married a year before the baby...
…之后过了 7 年
...and seven years after.
所以你在今生 最重要的关系上失败了
So you were a failure at the most important relationship in your life.
反对 反对无效
Objection. Overruled.
证人的意见与案情有关
The witness's opinion on this is relevant.
我没有失败
I was not a failure.
难道是成功吗 ? 这段婚姻以离婚收场了
What do you call it, a success? The marriage ended in divorce.
我觉得是他的失败 多于我的失败
I consider it less my failure than his.
恭喜
Congratulations.
你刚才重写了婚姻法例 你们两个都是离婚人士
You've just rewritten matrimonial law. You were both divorced.
反对 !
Objection!
庭上 , 我想知道这名 所谓稳定和可敬的女子…
Your Honour, I would like to ask what this model of stability...
…究竟有了什么成就 ?
...and respectability has ever succeeded at.
你在今生最重要的关系上 是失败的吗 ?
Were you a failure at the one most important relationship in your life?
它并不成功 不是“ 它” , 是你
It did not succeed. Not it, Mrs. Kramer, you.
你是否在一生中 最重要的关系上失败了 ?
Were you a failure at the one most important relationship in your life?
是不是 ? !
Were you?!
不是
No.
这是默认吗 , 克拉玛太太 ?
Is that a yes, Mrs. Kramer?
没有其他问题了
No further questions.
你一定要对她这么狠吗 ? 你想不想要孩子 ?
Did you have to be so rough? Do you want the kid?
爹地 ?
Daddy?
爹地
Daddy.
什么事 ? 你小时候都做些什么事 ?
Yeah? What did you do when you were little?
我想和你做的事一样啊
The same things you do.
你看合家欢吗 ?
Did you watch The Brady Bunch?
没有 , 我们那时没有电视
No, we didn't have any television.
没有吗 ?
You didn't?
我们听收音机
We listened to the radio.
还有什么是你小时候没有的 ?
What else didn't you have?
很多东西都是我小时候没有的
We didn't have lots of things.
像什么 ? 很多东西
Like? Like a lot of things.
哪一种 ?
What kind?
过来
Come here.
我们没有健悄怡可乐
We didn't have diet soda.
我们有蛋淇淋 就是用一点巧克力糖浆…
We had egg creams, which was chocolate syrup...
…一点苏打水 , 一点牛奶 通通搅在一起…
...seltzer water and a bit of milk and you went...
…喝起来很好喝
...and you drank it and it was delicious.
我们没有大都会队 但有道奇队
We didn't have the Mets, but we had the Brooklyn Dodgers.
我们有马球场 , 有艾比球场…
We had the Polo Grounds and Ebbets Field....
天啊 , 那些日子真快乐
Boy, those were the days.
我们没有福斯汽车…
We didn't have the Volkswagens...
…但有各种车子 上面印着有奇怪的名字
...but we had all those different cars with funny names on them.
我们没有汉堡王和麦当劳
We didn't have Burger King or McDonald's.
但有自动贩卖机 进去放一个铜板…
We had automats where you put a quarter in and you'd get...
…可以买到一块派或一份 三明治 , 透过小窗子看到食物
...a piece of pie or a sandwich you could see through a window.
我们没有任何涂鸦 但有个叫克利的傢伙在街上…
We didn't have graffiti, but we had this guy Kilroy....
克拉玛先生是个尽职的父亲
Mr. Kramer is a very devoted father.
他花了很多的时间陪比利
He spends a great deal of time with Billy.
他常念书给比利听
He reads to Billy a lot.
他们玩在一起 , 他们常常聊天
They play together, they talk all the time.
他是个很棒的父亲
He's a wonderful father.
谢谢你 , 菲利普太太 没有其他的问题
Thank you. No further questions.
菲利普太太 , 你认识 乔安娜克拉玛有多久了 ?
Mrs. Phelps, how long have you known Joanna Kramer?
大概6 年 从她和泰德搬进大楼以后
About six years, ever since she and Ted moved into the building.
你和乔安娜克拉玛母子 多久见一次面 ?
How often did you see Joanna Kramer and her son?
当然大概有一年半的时间 我没有看见他们在一起…
I haven't seen them together now for about a year and a half, but...
…不过以前我们大概 一周见二到三次面
...back then I saw them two or three times a week.
我大女儿金和比利常玩在一起
My oldest daughter and Billy play together.
你可以描述乔安娜克拉玛 和她儿子的关系吗 ?
Can you describe the relationship between Joanna Kramer and her son?
他们关系很好
It was good.
乔安娜是个很好的母亲
Joanna was a very good mother.
乔安娜和泰德都很
Both Ted and Joanna are very
你们是否讨论过 她和前夫的关系 ?
Did Mrs. Kramer discuss her relationship with her ex husband?
有
Yes.
你可以告诉庭上 她到底说过什么吗 ?
Can you tell the court exactly what she said?
乔安娜因为很多原 因不太快乐
Joanna wasn't happy for many reasons
你可曾听她说过克拉玛先生 对儿子的需求漠不关心 ?
Did you ever hear her say Mr. Kramer was insensitive to his son's needs?
菲利普太太 , 请回答问题
Would you answer the question?
我听不见 有的 , 但那是在
I didn't hear you. Yes, but that was before
你是否曾鼓励她离开她先生 ?
Did you ever encourage her to leave her husband?
没有
No, I did not.
在她离开的几天前 你是否曾对她说 :
Several days before she left, did you say to her:
“如果你那么痛苦 你应该离开” ?
" If you're in this much pain, you owe it to yourself to leave"?
我不认为乔安娜 你是否对她说过 :
I didn't think Joanna Did you say to her:
“如果你那么痛苦 你应该离开” ?
" If you're in this much pain, you owe it to yourself to leave"?
是的 , 但她是我的朋友 没有其他的问题
Yes, but she was my friend No further questions.
菲利普太太 , 你可以退席
Mrs. Phelps, you may step down.
乔安娜 , 事情现在不同了
Joanna, things are not the same now.
泰德不同了
Ted is not the same man.
你不知道他有多努力 菲利普太太 , 请退席 !
You don't know how hard he's tried Mrs. Phelps!
他们在一起时非常好…
They're beautiful together.
庭上 , 证人已被要求退席
The witness is asked to step down.
如果你见过他们一起的样子…
If you could see them together...
…也许你就不会来打官司了
...maybe you wouldn't be here now.
菲利普太太 , 够了
Mrs. Phelps, that will be all!
很抱歉
I'm sorry.
当你在说话的时候
When you were talking
当前妻说她在我们的婚姻中 很不快乐…
When my ex wife was talking about how unhappy she was during our marriage...
…我想她的话 可能大部份是真的
...most of what she said was probably true.
有很多事情我不了解
There's a lot I didn't understand.
如果可以的话 有很多事我会有不 同的做法…
There's a lot I'd do different if I could...
…有很多事 是你希望能改变 , 但办不到的
...just like there's a lot you wish you could change but can't.
有些事是无法挽回的
Some things, once they're done, can't be undone.
我太太
My wife
我前妻说她爱比利 我也相信
My ex wife says she loves Billy and I believe she does.
但这不是这里讨论的重点
But I don't think that's the issue here.
如果我没搞错的话…
If I understand it correctly...
…在这里最重要的是 怎样对我们的儿子最合适…
...what means the most here is what's best for our son.
谁对比利最合适
What's best for Billy.
我太太以前常对我说 :
My wife used to say to me:
“女人凭什么不能 像男人一样有野心 ? ”
"Why can't a woman have the same ambitions as a man?"
我想你是对的
I think you're right.
也许我已经体会到了
And maybe I've learned that much.
但同样的 , 我想知道…
By the same token, I'd like to know...
…哪种法律规定只因性别所致 女人就比男 人更会照顾孩子 ?
...what law says a woman is a better parent simply by virtue of her sex?
我常常在想 怎么样的父母才是好父母
I've had time to think about what makes a good parent.
一定要有恒心 有耐心…
It has to do with constancy. It has to do with patience...
…要聆听孩子说话…
...listening to him...
…即使听不下去 也要假装在听
...or pretending to listen when you can't anymore.
要有爱心 就像…就像她说的
It has to do with love, like she was saying.
我不知道哪里写过 女人天生有母爱…
I don't know where it says a woman has a corner on that market...
…男 人对孩子的爱 就一定比女人少
...that a man has any less of those emotions than a woman.
比利和我共同建立了一个家 我尽了一切力量
Billy has a home with me. I've made it the best I could.
它不是很完美 我不是一个完美的家长
It's not perfect. I'm not a perfect parent.
有时我没有足够的耐心 忘记他只是个小孩
Sometimes I don't have enough patience and I forget that he's a little kid.
但我在他身边
But I'm there.
我们一起吃早饭 他和我聊天然后一起上学
We eat breakfast and he talks to me, and then we go to school.
晚上我们一起吃晚饭 聊天 , 然后我念故事给他听…
At night we have dinner together and we talk and I read to him and....
我们一起建立生活 , 彼此相爱
And we built a life together and we love each other.
如果你毁了它…
If you destroy that...
…可能永远无法弥补
...it may be irreparable.
乔安娜 , 别这样做 , 拜托
Joanna, don't do that, please.
别再度毁了他的生活 谢谢 , 克拉玛先生
Don't do it twice to him. Thank you, Mr. Kramer.
没有其他问题了
No further questions.
克拉玛先生 你在广告界工作多久 ?
How long have you worked in advertising?
自从我高中毕业
Ever since I graduated high school.
我是说 , 从大学开始 已经做了 1 5 年
College, I mean. I've been there about 1 5 years.
你在这行已经到达 某种阶级或位置 了吗 ?
Would you say you've achieved a certain status in your profession?
是的 , 我在这行有很好的名声
Yes, I have a good reputation.
克拉玛先生 你在罗氏工作时薪水是多少 ?
When you worked at Roth, Kane and Donovan, what was your salary?
当我离开时 年薪大概是 3 万 3 千元
Around $33,000 dollars a year when I left.
我想现在你是在诺曼工作吧 ?
Now you work at Norman, Craig and Kummel?
是的 你的薪水多少 ?
Yes. What is your salary?
大概2 万 9 千元
It's almost 29,000.
可以说得精确一点吗 ?
Could you be more specific?
年薪是 2 万 8 千 2 百元
I make $28,200.
2 万 8 千 2 百元
28,200.
你是我听过 唯一在成功路上走下坡的
You're the only person who's working his way down the ladder of success.
反对 , 庭上 , 我要求 原告律师最后一句不列入记录
Objection. Your Honour, I ask that counsel's last remark be stricken.
同意
Sustained.
你是否被前任雇主开除 ?
Is it true you were fired from your previous job?
我是被资遣的 可否告诉庭上为何被资遣 ?
I was let go. Will you tell us why you were let go?
因为我不同意公司政策
There was a difference of opinion in policy.
该公司是否因为你的怠忽 丢掉一位重要客户 ?
Is it true your agency lost a major account due to your negligence?
反对 !
Objection!
庭上 , 我只是想 证实证人的就业记录
I'm trying to establish the witness's employment record.
他不能长期工作
He cannot hold a job.
反对无效 , 尚纳希先生
I'll allow it, Mr. Shaunessy.
广告客户中途改变主意…
It's not unusual in advertising for a client...
…换广告公司并不少见
...to change his mind and go elsewhere
你是否曾在 一次重要报告中途离席…
Was it true you walked out on a client during a major presentation...
…说你和一位老师有约 ?
...saying that you had an appointment with a teacher?
坐我儿子旁边的小孩又打他又咬他
My son was sitting next to a kid who was hitting and biting.
是或不是 ? 是 , 但他咬我的小孩
Yes or no? Yes, but he bit my kid.
去年春天 , 你是否误了 史西洋航空的截稿日 …
Last spring, did you miss a deadline on the Mid Atlantic account...
…致使贵公司不仅蒙羞…
...causing your company a great deal of embarrassment...
…还必须付出巨额赔偿 ?
...and considerable financial liability?
那天我得回家 , 我儿子发高烧
On that day I had to go home because my child was sick.
克拉玛先生 你有没有误了截稿日 ?
Did you or did you not miss a deadline?
我儿子生病了 请回答问题
My son was sick. Answer the question.
我是在回答 那不是“是” 或“不是”那么简单
I'm trying to answer the question. It's not yes or no.
是或不是 ? 他烧到华氏 1 0 4度
Yes or no? He had a 1 04 temperature!
躺在那冒汗 我回家陪他
He's lying there sweating! I go home to him!
克拉玛先生 , 我要你停止 否则我判你藐视法庭
Mr. Kramer, I urge you to stop or I'll have to hold you in contempt.
我误了截稿日
I missed the deadline.
你是否自认脾气很坏 ? 不是
Do you have a violent temper? No.
反对 我收回这个问题
Objection. I withdraw the question.
你自认是称职负 责的父亲吗 ? 是的
Do you consider yourself a fit parent? Yes, I do.
那你的孩子是否在你的看顾下 几乎瞎了一只眼睛 ?
Is it true your child nearly lost an eye while in your care?
反对 反对无效
Objection. Overruled.
克拉玛先生 , 回答问题
Answer the question.
我们当时在游戏场 他在攀登架
He was in the playground, on the jungle gym
在你看顾下 几乎瞎了一只眼睛
And fell and nearly lost an eye while in your care.
他摔下来受了伤
He fell and cut himself.
你是否告诉你前妻…
Is it true you told your ex wife...
…你应为他这次受伤破相负责 ?
...you were responsible for the injury that disfigured your child?
你最近是否对她说 :
Did you tell her:
“事情发生时我觉得很罪恶 我觉得都是我的错” ?
"When it happened I felt guilty. I felt it was my fault"?
反对 ! 庭上 , 我问完了
Objection! I have concluded my questions.
泰德 ?
Ted?
泰德 ?
Ted?
很抱歉我两个月前 向他提过那次意外…
I'm sorry. I mentioned the accident to him two months ago...
…我根本没想到他会提出来
...and I never thought he would bring it up, never.
相信我
Believe me.
如果我知道他会那样 我绝不会提
I never would have mentioned it if I thought he'd pull a thing like that.
我很抱歉
I'm sorry.
我…
I'm....
泰德
Ted.
嗨 我帮你
Hi. Hi. Here, let me help you.
有消息吗 ?
Heard anything yet?
随时会有结果 我的律师说没消息就是好消息
Any day. My lawyer says no news is good news.
猜怎么了 ? 怎么了 ?
Guess what. What?
查理和我谈到复合的事
Charley and I are talking about getting back together.
真的 ? 他打电话给你了 ?
Really? Did he finally call you?
没有 , 我打给他的
No, I called him.
为什么 ?
How come?
我不知道 , 开庭后我想了很多
I don't know. I got to thinking about a lot of things since the trial.
总之…
And....
我不认为会成功 但他似乎想要
I don't think it'll work out, but he seems to want it.
那很棒 , 你觉得怎么样 ?
That's terrific. How do you feel?
我不知道 有点怕吧 , 我想
I don't know. I feel scared, I guess.
嗨 嗨
Hi. Hi.
我输了
I lost.
我说不出我有多遗憾
I can't tell you how sorry I am.
发生什么事 ?
What happened?
法官完全偏向母亲那一方
The judge went for motherhood right down the line.
经裁定原告获得 小孩的监护权…
"Ordered and decreed that the petitioner be awarded custody...
…从 1 月 2 3 日 周一起生效…
...effective Monday, the 23rd of January...
…被告须给付小孩 每月 四百元照顾养育费
...that the respondent pay for the support of the child, $400 a month.
父亲有以下时间的探视权 :
The father shall have the following visitation rights:
在双方同意下 隔周周末 , 每周一夜…
Every other weekend, one night a week to be mutually agreed upon...
…外加小孩假期的一半
...and one half of the child's vacation period."
就这样了 如果我不服呢 ?
That's it. What if I fight it?
我不能保证什么
I can't guarantee anything.
我愿意赌一赌
I'll take my chances.
会很花钱的 我不在乎 , 我会付费的
It'll cost you. I'll pay anything.
听好 , 我得告诉你一件事
Look, Ted, I have to tell you something.
这次是比利要付出代价
This time it'll be Billy that pays.
我得传唤比利当证人
I'll have to put him on the stand.
我不能这么做
I can't do that.
不 , 我不要那样
No, I don't want to do that.
谢谢你 , 我要去散个步
Thanks very much for your time. I'm gonna take a walk.
泰德 ? 是我
Ted? It's me.
泰德 ?
Ted?
我听说了
I just heard.
请离开
Please go away.
你还好吗 ?
Are you okay?
我想一个人静一下 , 玛格丽特
I just have to be by myself for a while, Margaret.
我不太懂
I don't understand.
问题是 , 我和你妈咪 都想要你和我们住一起
The problem is your mom and I both want you to live with us.
所以我们决定去看一个人 就是法官…
So that's why we decided to go see this man, who is the judge...
…我们让他决定 因为他很聪明又有经验
...and we let him decide because he's very wise and experienced.
我们和他谈了几天 然后问他觉得怎样
We talked to him for a few days and then asked what he thought.
你知道他说什么吗 ? 他赞成妈咪
You know what? He agreed with Mommy.
他觉得你搬去和她住会很棒
He thought it'd be terrific if you lived with her from now on.
我很幸运 因为每周可以和你吃一次晚饭
I'm lucky because I get to have dinner with you once a week.
一个月 有两个周末可以一起过
And twice a month we spend the weekends together.
我的床要搬到哪里 ? 我要到哪儿睡觉 ?
Where's my bed gonna be? Where am I gonna sleep?
妈咪会安排的 你会有自己的房间
Mommy's figured that all out. You have your own bedroom at her place.
那我的玩具要放到哪里 ? 妈咪家
Where will all my toys be? At Mommy's.
我们会把你所有的玩具搬去
We're gonna take all your toys over there.
如果你乖的话 她一定会买新的给你
If you play your cards right, she'll buy you some new ones.
谁会念床边故事给我听 ?
Who's gonna read me my bedtime stories?
妈咪
Mommy will.
那你不会吻我道晚安对吧 ?
You're not gonna kiss me good night anymore?
不会 , 我不能
No, I won't be able to do that.
但我会去看你
But, you know, I get to visit.
不要紧的 , 真的
It's gonna be okay. Really.
如果我不喜欢 , 可不可以回家 ?
If I don't like it, can I come home?
什么叫你不喜欢 ?
What do you mean?
你在妈咪家会很开心的
You'll have a great time with Mommy.
真的 , 她很爱你
Really. She loves you so much.
爹地 ?
Dad?
千万别忘记 有时间就要打电话给我好吗 ?
Don't forget, once, if you can just call me up, okay?
我们没问题的
We're gonna be okay.
走吧 , 我们去吃冰淇淋
Let's go get some ice cream.
好 , 走吧 , 我们开始准备吧
Come on, let's get this show on the road.
快一点可以吧 ?
Let's get a little hustle now, okay?
好吧 , 来摆餐具
Come on, set the table.
来吧
Come on.
准备好了吗 ?
Are you ready?
喂 ?
Yes?
泰德 , 我是乔安娜 我在楼下大厅
It's Joanna. I'm downstairs in the lobby.
你可以单独下来一下吗 ?
Can you come down here and meet me alone?
嗨
Hi.
怎么了 ?
What's up?
告诉我 , 发生什么事 ?
Tell me. What? What's the matter?
我早上起来
I woke up this morning.
一直在想比利 , 我…
Kept thinking about Billy...
…我在想他早上 在房间里醒来…
...and I was thinking about him waking up in his room...
…会看见周 围那些我画的云…
...with his little clouds all around that I painted...
…我想我应该在我家画云 因为…
...and I thought I should have painted clouds downtown because...
…他就会觉得 是在自己家里醒来
...then he would think that he was waking up at home.
我来这里接儿子回家
I came here to take my son home.
突然了解这里才是他的家
And I realized he already is home.
我非常爱他
I love him very much.
但我不带他走
I'm not gonna take him with me.
我可以上去和他说话吗 ?
Can I go up and talk to him?
可以
Yeah.
这样吧 , 你干脆上去看他 我在这里等
Why don't you go upstairs and see him and I'll wait here.
我的样子怎么样 ?
How do I look?
非常好
Terrific.