Tip:
Highlight text to annotate it
X
-=THE LAST FANTASY=-
本片仅供学习交流,严禁用于商业途径
TLF 荣誉出品 压制: yourtear
序曲
塞尔兹尼克出品
玛格丽特·米契尔之“老南方的故事”
片名:乱世佳人(上集)
原著名: 飘
克拉克盖博…瑞德·巴特勒
费雯丽…斯卡莉
莱斯利霍华…艾希礼
奥丽薇亚德哈维蓝…梅兰妮
制片:大卫塞兹尼克
编剧:席尼霍华
导演:维多拂莱明
这里曾是骑士和棉花的土地 称为老南方
在这个美丽的世界里 骑士之风已成为过去
骑士和他们的淑女
庄园主和奴隶
在这里最后一次出现
只有在书中才能见到…
如今只是梦的追忆
一代文明 随风飘逝
我们才不在乎被学校开除呢
What do we care if we were expelled from college?
就要打仗了 反正我们得离开学校
The war is gonna start any day. We would've left college anyhow.
哦 战争!多让人激动啊!
War! lsn't it exciting, Scarlett?
那些穷北佬真要打仗啊?
Do you know those Yankees actually want a war?
- 让他们看看 - 讨厌
- We'll show 'em. - Fiddle-dee-dee!
战争!战争!战争!
War, war, war!
这个春天里每次聚会都要谈论战争
This war talk's spoiling all the fun at every party this spring.
我烦得都要喊出来了
I get so bored I could scream!
- 再说 不会有战争的 - 你说不会有战争?
- Besides, there isn't going to be any war. - Not gonna be any war?
不会?亲爱的真的要打仗了
Why, honey, of course there's going to be a war!
你们谁要是再说一句战争 我就进屋去把门关上
If either of you says "war" just once again, I'll go in the house and slam the door.
- 可是斯卡莉特 亲爱的… - 你不要我们打仗吗?
- But, Scarlett, honey... - Don't you want us to have a war?
哦 别走啊 别走啊 斯卡莉特 等一下 斯卡莉特
别走吗 等一下 斯卡莉特请你等一下
好吧…
Well...
别忘了…
...but remember...
我警告过你们
...I warned you.
那谈谈我们明天到
I've got an idea.
十二棵橡树卫尔科斯家的野餐会吧
We'll talk about the Wilkes' barbecue at Twelve Oaks.
好主意和我们一起去野餐好吗?
That's a good idea. Aren't you eating barbecue with us?
哦…我还没想过呢!我明天再说吧
I hadn't thought about that yet. I'll think about that tomorrow.
和我们跳华尔滋
We want all your waltzes.
先跟他 再跟我 再跟他 再跟我 就这样
First Brent, then me, then Brent, then me again and so on.
答应了?
Promise?
好倒是好
I'd just love to.
哦…太好了!不过…
那得要我没答应跟别人跳舞
If only I didn't have every one of them taken already.
怎么 亲爱的 你不能这样对我们…
Why, honey, you can't do that to us.
- 我想告诉你一个秘密? - 秘密?谁的?
- How about if we tell you a secret? - A secret? Who about?
亚特兰大的梅兰妮·韩密尔敦小姐?
Do you know Miss Melanie Hamilton from Atlanta?
艾希礼的表妹 她要到十二棵橡树卫尔科斯家…
Ashley Wilkes' cousin. She's visiting the Wilkes'...
梅兰妮·韩密尔敦那个假正经 谁要听她的秘密
That goody-goody! Who wants to know a secret about her?
可是我们听说 他们…
Anyway, we heard, that is, they say...
艾希礼要和她结婚了
Ashley Wilkes is gonna marry her.
他们家的人通常是表亲之间通婚的
The Wilkeses always marry their cousins.
我们可以跳华尔滋了吧?
Now do we get those waltzes?
当然了
Of course.
我敢说别的小伙子都要气疯了
I'll bet the other boys will be hopping mad.
让他们气去吧!我们俩可以应付
Let 'em be mad. We two can handle 'em!
这不可能!艾希礼爱我
It can't be true. Ashley loves me!
斯卡莉
Scarlett!
我们怎么惹着她了?
What has gotten into her?
我们说错了什么让她生气了?
Do you suppose we made her mad?
斯卡莉小姐 你出去也不围上披肩 晚上天凉了
Where're you goin' without your shawl, and the night air fixin' to set in?
你为什么不留先生们吃晚饭?
How come you didn't ask them gentlemen to stay for supper?
你这样就象一个乡下姑娘…
You ain't got no more manners than a field hand...
爱伦小姐没功夫像我这么管你
...after me and Miss Ellen done labored with you.
快进屋来
Miss Scarlett, come on in the house!
再不进来就要着凉了
Come on in before you catch your death of dampness.
不!我要去等爸爸从威尔克斯家回来
No! I'll wait for Pa to come home from the Wilkes'.
快回来
Come on in here!
回来
Come on!
收工了
Quittin' time!
谁说收工了?
Who says it's quittin' time?
我说收工了
I says it's quittin' time.
我是头 在泰拉什么时候收工 得我说
I's the foreman. I's the one that says when it's quittin' time at Tara!
收工了
Quittin' time!
收工了
Quittin' time!
哦 在这个郡整个州里没有能比得过你的
There's none in the county can touch you, and none in the state.
爸爸
Pa!
现在你又感到骄傲了
So it's proud of yourself, you are.
啊…郝斯卡莉
Well, Katie Scarlett O'Hara!
你在监视我像你妹妹修伦那样…
So, you've been spying on me, and like your sister, Suellen...
去告诉你妈妈说我又跳栏杆了
...you'll tell your mother I was jumping again.
爸爸 我可不像修伦那样爱告状 可我觉得…
Pa, you know I'm no tattletale like Suellen, but it does seem to me...
自从去年你跳这个栏杆摔伤膝盖以后…
...after you broke your knee last year jumping that same fence...
我可不需要自己的女儿告诉我该不该跳
I'll not have me own daughter tellin' me what I shall jump and not jump.
那是我自己的脖子
It's my own neck, so it is.
爸爸 你喜欢跳就跳吧 十二橡树那儿怎么样了?
All right, Pa, you jump what you please. How are they all over at Twelve Oaks?
威尔克斯家?
The Wilkeses?
他们正准备明天的野餐会无非是谈论战争
Just as you'd expect with the barbecue tomorrow and talking nothing but war.
讨厌的战争那儿还有什么人吗?
Oh, bother the war. Was there anyone else there?
哦 梅兰妮和她弟弟卡尔斯从亚特兰大来了
Their cousin, Melanie Hamilton, from Atlanta and her brother, Charles.
梅兰妮
Melanie Hamilton!
脸色苍白 说话好转弯抹角 我讨厌她
She's a pale-faced, mealy-mouthed ninny. I hate her.
艾希礼可不这么认为
Ashley Wilkes doesn't think so.
艾希礼不会喜欢象她那样的人
Ashley Wilkes couldn't like anyone like her.
你怎么对他们那么感兴趣?
What's your interest in Ashley and Miss Melanie?
没什么 我们回家吧 爸爸
It's nothing. Let's go into the house, Pa.
他跟你胡说过什么吗?还是向你求过婚?
Has he been trifling with you? Has he asked you to marry him?
- 没有 - 没有啊 他不会的
- No! - No, nor will he.
今天下午我听约翰·卫克斯说…
I have it in strictest confidence from John Wilkes this afternoon...
艾希礼要和梅兰妮小姐结婚
...Ashley is going to marry Miss Melanie.
在明天的舞会上宣布
It will be announced tomorrow night at the ball.
我不相信
I don't believe it.
回来!你要到哪儿去?
Here! Here! Where are you off to?
斯卡莉
Scarlett!
你怎么了?
What are you about?
你要为追一个并不爱你的男人而丢脸吗?
Have you made a spectacle of yourself running after a man...
全郡的年青人你要谁不行?
...who's not in love with you when you might have any man in the county?
我并没有追他 只是…我只是觉得很奇怪
I haven't been running after him. It's just a surprise, that's all.
你别吞吞吐吐的
Now, don't be jerking your chin at me.
如果艾希礼想要娶你我即使答应了也担心
If Ashley wanted to marry you, it would be with misgivings I'd say "yes".
我愿意我孩子幸福你跟着他不会幸福的
I want my girl to be happy. You'd not be happy with him.
我会的 我会的
I would, I would!
你嫁给谁都可以
What difference does it make who you marry...
只要他是个南方人和你情投意和
...so long as he's a Southerner and thinks like you?
等我死了以后把泰拉留给你
And when I'm gone, I'll leave Tara to you.
我不要泰拉种植园对我毫无意义…
I don't want Tara. Plantations don't mean anything when...
你是说 斯卡莉土地对你毫无意义?
You mean to tell me, Katie Scarlett O'Hara, that land doesn't mean anything to you?
世界上只有土地才值得为它耕耘…
Why, land is the only thing in the world worth working for...
为它战斗、为它去死因为只有它 才是永恒的
...worth fighting for, worth dying for, because it's the only thing that lasts.
爸 你说话真像个爱尔兰人
Oh, Pa, you talk like an lrishman.
我为我是爱尔兰人而感到自豪
It's proud I am that I'm lrish.
你别忘了 小姐你也是半个爱尔兰人
And don't you be forgetting, Missy, that you're half lrish too.
任何人身上那怕只有一滴爱尔兰人的血…
And to anyone with a drop of lrish blood in them...
就会把他们生存的土地当作母亲
...why, the land they live on is like their mother.
可是你还是个孩子你将来会爱土地的
Oh, but you're just a child. It'll come to you, this love of the land.
只要你是爱尔兰人就会的
There's no getting away from it if you're lrish.
她回来了!
Yonder she comes!
你们的妈妈回来了
Miss Scarlett, Miss Suellen, Miss Carreen, your ma's home!
她去照看那个下流的白种人
Actin' like a wet nurse to them low-down, poor white trash...
连晚饭都顾不得吃拿点心来 把火挑起来
...instead of bein' here eatin' her supper. Cookie, stir up the fire!
爱伦小姐干什么这么累
Miss Ellen's got no business wearin' herself out.
波…克 是 墨利
把蜡烛拿到走廊上她累坏了
Take the lamp out on the porch! Wearin' herself out.
先生 爱伦小姐回来了
Mist' Gerald, Miss Ellen's home.
她把自己累坏了
Wearin' herself out waitin' on the poor white trash.
狗别叫了!
Shut up, dogs! Barkin' in the house like that.
起来 孩子 你没听见爱伦小姐回来了吗?
Get up from there. Don't you hear that Miss Ellen's comin'?
去给她拿药箱
Get out there and get her medicine chest.
我们正着急呢 爱伦小姐
We was gettin' worried about you, Miss Ellen.
- 杰纳尔先生… - 没事 波克 我不是回来了吗
- Mist' Gerald... - All right, Pork. I'm home.
欧郝纳太太 今天已经耕完了那块洼地了
Mrs. O'Hara, we finished plowing the creek bottom today.
明天你要我干什么?
What do you want me to start on tomorrow?
威克尔森先生
Mr. Wilkerson,
我刚从挨米施爱特那儿来
I've just come from Emmy Slattery's bedside.
你的孩子以经出生了
Your child has been born.
我的孩子?哦…我真的不明白
My child, ma'am? I'm sure I don't understand.
以经出生了 还好 以经死了
Has been born and, mercifully, has died.
晚安 威克尔森先生
Goodnight, Mr. Wilkerson.
我去为你准备晚饭
I'll fix your supper for you myself, and you eats it.
先等我祈祷 妈蜜
After prayers, Mammy.
哦 是的
Yes, ma'am.
欧郝呐先生
Mr. O'Hara.
你必须辞掉乔拉·斯威克森
You must dismiss Jonas Wilkerson.
嗯 辞退他?他是这个郡里最好的监工
Dismiss him, Mrs. O'Hara? He's the best overseer in the county.
明天早上就让他走
He must go tomorrow morning, first thing.
哦 可是…
But....
- 不! - 是的
- No! - Yes.
这个北方佬和那个下流女孩斯奈特利
The Yankee Wilkerson and the white-trash Slattery girl!
过一会再谈吧
We'll discuss it later, Mr. O'Hara.
好吧 欧郝纳太太
Yes, Mrs. O'Hara.
回来了 妈妈 回来了妈妈
妈妈 我要穿斯卡莉的绿衣服
I want to wear Scarlett's green dress!
休伦 你的那件粉红色长裙可漂亮了
I don't like your tone, Suellen. Your pink gown is lovely.
我为什么不能参加?
明天晚上的舞会呢?不过你可以戴我的石榴石项链
Can't I stay up for the ball tomorrow? But you may wear my garnets with it.
我为什么不能参加明天晚上的舞会?
Why can't I stay up for the ball tomorrow night?
斯卡莉…
Scarlett...
你显得很累 亲爱的我有点担心
...you look tired, my dear. I'm worried about you.
我很好 妈妈
I'm all right, Mother.
为什么我不能参加明天晚上的舞会?
Why can't I stay up for the ball tomorrow night?
我已经13岁了
I'm 13 now.
你可以去野餐一直到吃晚饭
You may go to the barbecue and stay up through supper.
我不穿你的破绿裙子了小气鬼
I didn't want to wear your tacky green dress anyhow, stingy!
少废话
Oh, hush up!
祈祷了!孩子们
Prayers, girls.
对所有圣人而言 我在思想言语及行为上犯罪太多…
"And to all the saints, that I have sinned exceedingly in thought, word and deed...
为了我的过错…
"...through my fault.
为了我的过错为了我最严重的过错…
"Through my fault, through my most grievous fault.
在此我向永远的处子圣母码利亚祈求…
"Therefore, I beseech the Blessed Mary, ever ***...
神圣的麦克天使长…
"...Blessed Michael, the Archangel...
神圣的施洗者约翰…
"...Blessed John the Baptist...
圣徒彼得与保罗…
"...the Holy Apostles, Peter and Paul...
以及所有圣人们祈求上帝保佑我
"...and all the saints to pray to the Lord, our God, for me."
艾希礼不知道我爱他
But Ashley doesn't know I love him!
我告诉他 我爱他那他就不会娶她了
I'll tell him that I love him and then he can't marry her!
愿万能仁慈的上帝…
"May the Almighty, and most merciful Lord...
原谅我们 赦免…
"...grant us pardon, absolution...
并宽恕我们的罪行 阿们
"...and remission of our sins. Amen."
啊哦…别动 吸气…
Just hold on and suck in.
奶妈 斯卡莉小姐的点心
Mammy, here's Miss Scarlett's vittles.
都拿回橱房去!我一点儿也不想吃
You can take that back. I won't eat a bite.
哦 你要大口大口的吃
Oh, yes, ma'am, you is! You's gonna eat every mouthful of this.
不!我不吃
No, I'm not!
快给我穿衣服我们已经晚了
Put on the dress, because we're late already.
- 你要穿哪一件? - 那件
- What's my lamb gonna wear? - That.
不行 3点钟以前是不能穿露胸的衣服的
No you ain't! You can't show your *** before three o'clock.
我要去告诉你妈妈
I'm gonna speak to your ma about you!
你要是敢告诉妈妈一个字我一口也不吃
If you say one word to Mother, I won't eat a bite!
好吧…
Well....
把披肩披上
Keep your shawl on.
我可不想让你再长一身小疙瘩
I ain't aimin' for you to get all freckled...
去年一个冬天都用牛奶给你擦才擦好的
...after the buttermilk I done put on you all this winter, bleachin' them freckles.
斯卡莉小姐 乖乖地听话吃一点吧 宝贝
Now, Miss Scarlett, you come on and be good, and eat just a little, honey.
不…
No.
我今天要好好的玩一天在野餐会上吃
I'm going to have a good time today and do my eating at the barbecue.
你难道不怕别人笑话你们家
If you don't care what folks says about this family, I does!
我告诉你多少次了
I has told you and told you
小姐在人面前吃东西要像小鸟似的
that you can always tell a lady...by the way she eats with folks. Like a bird!
你这次去艾希礼先生家
I ain't aimin' for you to go after Mr. Wilkes...
不能象庄稼人那样吃象只大老鹰
...and eat like a field hand and gobble like a hog!
胡说什么!
Fiddle-dee-dee!
艾希礼·卫尔克斯跟我说过他喜欢女孩的胃口好
Ashley Wilkes told me he likes to see a girl with a healthy appetite.
男人们嘴里这么说心理可不这么想
What gentlemen says and what they thinks is two different things.
我看得出来艾希礼先生没想娶你
And I ain't noticed Mist' Ashley askin' to marry you!
喔…别吃得太快不然你又会吐出来了
Now don't eat too fast. Ain't no need of havin' it come right back up again.
女孩子为什么那么傻非得找个丈夫
Why does a girl have to be so silly to catch a husband?
斯卡莉
Scarlett,
如果我数到10 你还没下来 我们就不等你了
if you're not here by the time I count ten, we'll be goin' without you!
我来了 爸爸
I'm coming, Pa!
1…
One...
2、3…
...two, three...
…4、5、6…
...four, five, six....
哦…天呐
Oh, dear!
我的衣服这么紧这一天我都得打嗝了
My stays are so tight I know I'll never get through the day without belching.
十二橡树园 卫约翰警告
任何擅闯本农荘者都将遭到起诉
哦 您好
卫约翰 今天的野餐会一定很热闹
Well, John Wilkes. It's a grand day you'll be having for the barbecue.
是的 杰拉尔德欧郝纳太太没有一起来?
So it seems, Gerald. But why isn't Mrs. O'Hara with you?
她和监工结算帐目呢
She's after settling accounts with the overseer.
晚上要来参加舞会
But she'll be along for the ball tonight.
欢迎到十二橡树来欧郝纳先生
Welcome to Twelve Oaks, Mr. O'Hara.
谢谢你 英蒂雅
Thank you kindly, lndia.
你的女儿越长越漂亮了 约翰
Your daughter's getting prettier every day, John.
英蒂雅 你去招呼一下欧郝纳家的姑娘
India, here are the O'Hara girls. We must greet them.
我受不了斯卡莉看她讨好艾希礼的那副样子
I can't stand Scarlett. If you saw the way she throws herself at Ashley.
好了 那是你哥哥的事
Now, that's your brother's business.
记住你的责任是当好女主人
You must remember your duties as hostess.
早上好 姑娘们
Good morning, girls.
早上好 您好 斯卡莉
Good morning, Scarlett.
英蒂雅 你的衣服真漂亮
Why, lndia Wilkes, what a lovely dress!
- 太美了 亲爱的 - 我的眼睛都离不开它了
- Perfectly lovely, darling. - I just can't take my eyes off it.
喔!斯卡莉小姐…早上好!
Scarlett, honey....
你看起来真漂亮 斯卡莉小姐早上好!
You're looking mighty fine this morning. Good morning, Miss Scarlett.
早上好!你好!
Good morning.
见到你真荣幸
It's a pleasure to see you.
看到你真是太高兴了
Good morning. Howdy, Miss Scarlett.
艾希礼
Ashley!
斯卡莉 亲爱的
Scarlett, my dear.
我各处找你
I've been looking for you everywhere.
我有点事想跟你说
I've got something I must tell you.
- 你能找个辟静的地方吗? - 好的 我愿意陪你
- Can't we go some place where it's quiet? - Yes, I'd like to,
不过我也有件事想告诉你…
but l...l have something to tell you too.
我希望…我希望你听了会高兴
Something I hope you'll be glad to hear.
先跟我表妹打个招呼好吗
But come say hello to my cousin, Melanie, first.
哦 有这个必要吗?
Oh, do we have to?
她正在等着…见见你呢!
She's been looking forward to seeing you again.
梅兰妮 斯卡莉在这儿
Melanie! Here's Scarlett.
斯卡莉
Scarlett!
又见到你 我真高兴
I'm so glad to see you again.
梅兰妮·韩蜜尔敦没想到在这儿见到你
Melanie Hamilton! What a surprise to run into you here.
希望你在这儿能跟我们多呆几天
I hope you'll stay with us a few days at least.
我希望我们常在一起成为好朋友
I hope I shall stay long enough for us to become real friends, Scarlett.
我真希望这样
I do so want us to be.
我们把她留下来好吗?斯卡莉
We'll keep her here, won't we, Scarlett?
喔!那我们得让她玩得高兴是不是 艾希礼?
We'll just have to make the biggest fuss over her, won't we?
艾希礼最会哄女孩子高兴了
If there's anybody knows how to give a girl a good time, it's Ashley.
所以我认为我们开玩笑你会看不惯
Though I expect our good times will seem silly to you
因为你很严肃
because you're so serious.
斯卡莉 你是这么活泼
Oh, Scarlett, you have so much life.
我非常羡慕你
I've always admired you so.
我真希望能像你一点儿
I wish I could be more like you.
你可别恭维我 梅兰妮没这么想就别这么说
You mustn't flatter me, Melanie, and say things you don't mean.
没有人能说梅兰妮是不真诚的
Nobody could accuse Melanie of being insincere.
是吧?亲爱的
Could they, my dear?
喔!那她可不像你了是吗?
Then she's not like you, is she, Ashley?
艾希礼从来没有对女孩子说过实话
Ashley never means a word he says to any girl.
哦…卡尔斯·韩蜜尔敦漂亮的老家伙!
Oh, why, Charles Hamilton, you handsome old thing, you!
喔…欧郝纳小姐…
But, oh, Miss O'Hara, l....
你把你的漂亮兄弟带到这儿来…
Was it kind to bring your good-looking brother here...
是为了伤我这可怜的、单纯的乡村姑娘的心吗?
...just to break my poor, simple, country-girl's heart?
看 斯卡莉 以前她从没理过卡尔斯
She never even noticed Charles before.
现在因为他是你的男朋友她就盯上他了
Because he's your beau, she's after him like a hornet.
卡尔斯·韩蜜尔敦我要跟你一起吃野餐
Charles Hamilton, I want to eat barbecue with you.
你可不要跟别的女孩子调情
Mind you, don't go philandering with any other girl,
我要忌妒的
'cause I'm mighty jealous.
我不会的 欧郝纳小姐
I won't, Miss O'Hara!
我不会的
I couldn't!
弗兰克·肯尼迪 你留着胡子
I do declare, Frank Kennedy, if you don't look dashing...
看起来更漂亮了
...with that new set of whiskers!
谢谢 谢谢你斯卡莉小姐
Oh, thank you, Miss Scarlett.
恰尔斯跟卡尔斯特邀请我一起吃野餐
Charles and Rafe asked me to eat barbecue with them...
我告诉他们 我答应你了
...but I told them I couldn't because I promised you.
别觉得可笑了 你看她又盯上你的男朋友了
You needn't be so amused. Look at her! She's after your beau now!
真让我受宠若惊了 斯卡莉小姐
Oh, that's mighty flattering of you, Miss Scarlett.
我愿意为你效劳 斯卡莉小姐
I'll see what I can do, Miss Scarlett.
你妹妹为什么生气啊?你勾引她的男朋友了?
What's your sister so mad about? You sparkin' her beau?
好像我找不到比他更好的了
As if I couldn't get a better beau than that old maid in britches.
伯伦特、史托尔特 亲爱的俩个漂亮小伙子
Brent and Stuart Tarleton, you handsome old things, you! No, you're not!
我不是说你们我在生你们的气呢
I won't say that. I'm mad at you!
为什么?斯卡莉 我们怎么了?
What have we done?
你们一整天都没有接近我我穿这件旧衣服…
You haven't been near me all day. I wore this old dress...
就因为你们喜欢
...'cause I thought you liked it.
我准备和你们一起吃野餐呢
I was counting on eating barbecue with you two.
- 太好了 斯卡莉 - 当然了 亲爱的
- Well, you are, Scarlett. - Of course, you are.
我还没有想好你们俩个谁更漂亮
Oh, I never can make up my mind which of you two is the handsomer.
我昨天晚上整整想了一夜
I was awake all last night trying to figure it out.
真不值
喔…对不起
凯沙林 那个人是谁?
Cathleen, who's that?
谁?
Who?
盯着我们看还笑的那个人
That man looking at us and smiling.
长得挺黑的讨厌的人
The nasty, dark one.
啊!你不认识他?他是瑞德·巴得勒
My dear, don't you know? That's Rhett Butler.
是查尔斯人
He's from Charleston.
他的名声很坏
He has the most terrible reputation.
他的目光好象要透过我的内衣
He looks as if, as if he knows what I look like without my shimmy!
斯卡莉
Scarlett!
他是不受欢迎的
Why, my dear, he isn't received!
他大部分时间要到北方度过
He spends a lot of time up North...
因为查斯特人都不愿意理他
...because his folks in Charleston won't even speak to him.
他被西点军校给开除了 他的生活放荡
He was expelled from West Point, he's so fast.
他和一个女孩子有事又没有娶她
And then there's that business about that girl he wouldn't marry.
说!快说啊!
Tell, tell!
天都黑了 他把她一个人带上了一辆马车
Well, he took her out buggy riding in the late afternoon
没带监护人 然后 他又不肯娶她
without a chaperon! And then he refused to marry her!
没有!可她的名声破坏了
No, but she was ruined just the same.
艾希礼
Ashley!
高兴吗?
Happy?
非常高兴
So happy!
你似乎就应该属于这里…
You seem to belong here...
好像一切都是为你而设计好的
...as if it had all been imagined for you.
我愿意让我属于你所爱的一切
I like to feel that I belong to the things you love.
你跟我一样爱十二橡树
You love Twelve Oaks as I do.
是的 艾希礼
Yes, Ashley.
我爱它
I love it as...
不仅是这所房子
...as more than a house.
这里有人世间最美好最优雅的一切
It's a whole world that wants only to be graceful and beautiful.
不知道它会不会永远是这样…
It's so unaware that it may not last forever...
你担心战争暴发了怎么办 是吗?
You're afraid of what may happen if the war comes, aren't you?
我们不用害怕 不用
But we don't have to be afraid for us.
任何战争都不会进入我们俩的世界
No war can come into our world, Ashley.
无论发生什么事…
Whatever comes...
我都像现在一样爱你…
l'll love you, just as I do now...
只到死
...until I die.
这不比一张桌子好吗?
Isn't this better than sitting at a table?
在餐桌上只能一边有一个男伴
A girl hasn't got but two sides to her at a table.
我去给她拿甜食
I'll go get her dessert.
- 她说让我去的 - 欧郝纳小姐…
- Here, she said me. - Allow me, Miss O'Hara.
我想想…
I think....
让卡尔斯·韩密尔敦去拿吧!
I think Charles Hamilton may get it.
谢谢你 欧郝纳小姐
Oh, thank you, Miss O'Hara!
谢谢
Thank you.
快去吧!快啊!
Go get it.
他真是太幸运了!真高兴啊!
Isn't he the luckiest...?
欧郝纳小姐…
Miss O'Hara...
…我爱你
...l love you.
我…我觉得一点儿也不饿呢
I don't guess I'm as hungry as I thought.
为什么非要睡午觉?我并不累
Why do I have to take a nap? I'm not tired.
有教养的姑娘都要睡午觉的
Well-brought-up young ladies take naps at parties.
在这时候你的行为和举止都要像爱伦小姐的女儿
And it's high time you started behavin' and actin' like you was Miss Ellen's daughter.
我们在萨拉托卡的时候
When we were at Saratoga
我没看见过北方女孩子睡午觉
I didn't notice any Yankee girls taking naps.
今天晚上的舞会可没有北方姑娘
No, and you ain't gonna see no Yankee girls at the ball tonight neither.
艾希礼今天是怎么那?斯卡莉
How was Ashley today, Scarlett?
他好像没注意你
He didn't seem to be paying much attention to you.
你少管闲事!
You mind your own business!
但愿你能保住那个肯尼迪就不错了
You'll be lucky not to lose ol' whisker-face Kennedy.
你一直对艾希礼有意
You've liked Ashley for months!
今天晚上他就要宣佈订婚了
His engagement's gonna be announced tonight. Pa said so this morning.
全都知道
That's all you know.
斯卡莉小姐 休伦小姐注意点举止
Miss Scarlett! Miss Suellen! You all behave yourselves.
别像没教养的女孩子
Actin' like poor, white-trash children!
要象上等人那样去参加宴会
If you's old enough to go to parties, you's old enough to act like ladies.
我不在乎!
Who cares!
(不要浪费光阴生命即是由时间所构成)
我们受够了北方佬的侮辱
We've borne enough insults from the meddling Yankees.
现在该让他们明白我们要保留奴隶
It's time we made them understand we'll keep our slaves...
用不着他们批准
...with or without their approval.
退出联邦是乔治亚州的权力
'Twas the sovereign right of the state of Georgia to secede from the Union!
闭嘴!
That's right!
南方要用武力来维护自己
The South must assert herself by force of arms.
我们在沙摩特要塞向北方流氓开火以后
After we've fired on the Yankee rascals at Fort Sumter,
我们就必需打了
we've got to fight!
- 没有别的选择 - 战斗!对!战斗!
- There's no other way! - Fight! That's right. Fight!
让北方佬向我们求和对!
Let the Yankees ask for peace!
情况非常简单 北方佬不会打仗而我们会
The situation is very simple. The Yankees can't fight and we can.
甚至不用交火
There won't even be a battle.
他们只会转身逃跑
They'll just turn and run every time.
1个南方人可以消灭20个北方佬
One Southerner can lick 20 Yankees.
一次战斗就就可以把他们消灭光
We'll finish them in one battle.
绅士总比暴徒能战斗
Gentlemen can always fight better than rabble.
对!绅士总比暴徒能战斗
Yes, gentlemen always can fight better than rabble.
让我们这里的队长说说吧?
What does the captain of our troop say?
如果左治亚州要打我也会参加
Well, gentlemen, if Georgia fights I go with her.
不过象我的父亲那样
But, like my father,
我希望北方能够让我们和平地脱离联邦
I hope that the Yankees will let us leave the Union in peace.
- 可是艾希礼… - 他们侮辱了我们
- But, Ashley.... - But, Ashley, they've insulted us!
你是不愿意打仗吗?
You can't mean you don't want war!
世界上许多不辛的事都是由于战争
Most of the miseries of the world were caused by wars.
可是等战争结束以后没有人知道为什么要打
And when the wars were over no one ever knew what they were about.
要不是我了解你…
If it wasn't that I knew you...
好了!好了 先生们听说巴特勒先生到过北方
Now, gentlemen, Mr. Butler's been up North, I hear.
你同意我们说的吗?
Don't you agree with us, Mr. Butler?
我想只可以说是打不胜的 先生们
I think it's hard winning a war with words, gentlemen.
你这是什么意思?先生
What do you mean, sir?
我是说整个南方没有一座制造大炮的工厂
There's not a cannon factory in the whole South.
这对于一个绅士来说又有什么关系?
What difference does that make to a gentleman?
恐怕这对于很多绅士都有很大的关系 先生
It'll make a great deal of difference to a great many gentlemen, sir.
你在暗示他们会打垮我们?是吗?
Are you hinting, Mr. Butler, that the Yankees can lick us?
不 我没有
No, I'm not hinting.
我是明确地说北方佬的装备比我们好
I'm saying very plainly that the Yankees are better equipped than we.
他们有工厂、造船厂和煤矿…
They've got factories, shipyards, coal mines...
有舰队封锁我们的港口会把我们困死
...and a fleet to bottle up our harbors and starve us to death.
而我们有的只是棉花、奴隶和狂望
All we've got is cotton and slaves and arrogance.
- 替北方佬说话 - 我拒绝听背叛的话
- That's Yankee treachery! - Sir, I refuse to listen to any renegade talk!
很抱歉 我的实话冒犯了您
I'm sorry if the truth offends you.
道歉是不够的
Apologies aren't enough, sir!
听说你是被西点军校开除的 先生
I hear you were turned out of West Point,
查尔斯屯的任何正派的家庭都不欢迎你 甚至自己家
Mr. Rhett Butler...and you aren't received by any decent family in Charleston, not even your own!
我再次为我所有的缺点道歉
I apologize again for all my shortcomings.
卫尔科斯先生你不介意我各处走走
Perhaps you won't mind if I walk about
看看你的庄园吧
and look over your place.
我好像破坏了各位的美酒、雪茄
I seem to be spoiling everybody's brandy and cigars and...
和胜利的美梦
...dreams of victory.
象巴特勒这样的人还能指望他做出什么来吗!
That's just about what you could expect from somebody like Rhett Butler.
就差把你叫出去了
You did everything but call him out.
他不敢决斗
He refused to fight.
不是那样的 卡尔斯他只是不想捉弄你
Not quite that, Charles. He refused to take advantage of you.
捉弄我…?
Take advantage of me?
是的 他是这里最好的射手了
He's one of the best shots in the country...
战胜过不少
...as he's proved a number of times...
手比你稳头脑比你冷静的人
...against steadier hands and cooler heads than yours.
- 我要让他看看! - 好了 好了
- I'll show him! - Now, please.
别去找他的麻烦了
Don't go tweaking his nose anymore.
有更重要的战斗需要你 卡尔斯
You may be needed for more important fighting, Charles.
巴特勒先生是我们的客人
Now, if you'll excuse me, Mr. Butler is our guest.
我去陪他走走
I think I'll just show him around.
艾希礼
Ashley!
艾希礼
Ashley!
斯卡莉
Scarlett.
你在这儿躲谁呢?
Who're you hiding from in here?
你要干什么?
What are you up to?
为什么不跟女孩子在楼上休息呢?
Well, why aren't you upstairs resting with the other girls?
怎么那?斯卡莉?有什么秘密?
What is this, Scarlett? A secret?
艾希礼 艾希礼…
Oh, Ashley, Ashley...
我爱你
...l love you.
斯卡莉
Scarlett!
我爱你 真的
I love you, I do!
你今天把所有男人的心都收走了 还不够吗?
Well, isn't it enough that you've gathered every other man's heart today?
我心里一直有你这你是知道的
You've always had mine. You cut your teeth on it.
喔…别开玩笑了
Oh, don't tease me now.
你的心给我了吗?亲爱的我爱你 我爱你…
Have I your heart, my darling? I love you, I love you.
你别再说这些了你听了我的话会恨我的
You mustn't say such things. You'll hate me for hearing them.
永远不会恨你我知道你喜欢我
Oh, I could never hate you, and I know you must care about me.
你是喜欢我 对吗?
Oh, you do care, don't you?
是的
Yes...
我喜欢
...l care.
让我们离开吧忘掉所说的这些
Oh, can't we go away and forget we ever said these things?
我们怎么能这样?
But how can we do that?
你…你不想跟我结婚吗?
Don't you want to marry me?
我要跟梅兰妮结婚了
I'm going to marry Melanie.
你不能 如果你喜欢我
But you can't. Not if you care for me.
为什么一定要我说出让你难过的话呢?
Oh, my dear, why must you make me say things that will hurt you?
我怎么才能让你明白呢?
How can I make you understand?
你太年青 缺乏思想
You're so young and unthinking.
你不知道结婚意着什么我就知道我爱你
You don't know what marriage means.
我要做你的妻子
I know I love you, and I want to be your wife.
你并不爱梅兰妮
You don't love Melanie.
她和我一样 斯卡莉
She's like me, Scarlett.
我们有血缘关系而且彼此彼此了解
She's part of my blood and we understand each other.
可你爱我呀!
But you love me.
我怎么能不爱呢?
How could I help loving you?
你对生活充满热情我却缺少这些
You have all the passion for life that I lack.
可是象我们这样性格不同的人
That kind of love isn't enough for a successful marriage...
是不会有美满的婚姻的
...for two people as different as we are.
你为什么不说?胆小鬼你不敢娶我
Well, why don't you say it, you coward? You're afraid to marry me.
你宁愿和那个小傻瓜一起生活
You'd rather live with that fool who can't speak except...
她只会说是或不是
...to say "yes" and "no"
再给你生出那些象她那样笨的小崽子来
and raise a passel of mealy-mouthed brats just like her.
你不应该这样说梅兰妮
You mustn't say such things about Melanie.
你是谁?敢教训我该不该说?
Who are you to tell me I mustn't?
是你让我相信你会和我结婚的
You led me on, you made me believe you wanted to marry me.
好了斯卡莉 要公平一点!我从来没有…
Now, Scarlett, be fair. I never, at any time...
就是 就是我要恨你一辈子
You did, it's true you did! I'll hate you till I die!
我想不出用什么话来骂你 才出气
I can't think of anything bad enough to call you.
战争暴发了?
Has the war started?
先生 你应该让人知道你在这儿
Sir, you should have made your presence known.
打断美妙的爱情场景?
In the middle of that beautiful love scene?
那太不明智了吧?
That wouldn't have been very tactful, would it?
别担心 我会保守秘密的
But don't worry, your secret is safe with me.
- 先生 你不太象是个绅士 - 小姐 你也不象是个淑女
- Sir, you are no gentleman! - And you, Miss, are no lady.
别认为我会要胁你
Don't think I hold that against you.
淑女对我没有一点吸引力
Ladies have never held any charm for me.
先偷听了我说的话 然后再来羞辱我
First you take a low, common advantage of me, then you insult me.
我对你充满敬意…
I meant it as a compliment...
我希望再见到你时你不再迷恋那位温雅的卫尔克斯先生
and I hope to see more of you when you're free of the spell of the elegant Mr. Wilkes.
对于像你这样的女孩 我看他连一半都配不上 你说呢?
He doesn't strike me as half good enough for a girl of your, what was it?
充满热情的姑娘
Your "passion for living."
你敢这么说!你给他擦靴子都不配
How dare you! You aren't fit to wipe his boots.
可是你还要恨他一辈子呢!
And you were going to hate him for the rest of your life.
她可真行啊 把野餐会上的每个男人都追到了
She certainly made a fool of herself running after all the men at the barbecue.
别这么说 英蒂雅
That's not fair, lndia.
她太迷人 男人们自然都围着她转
She's so attractive, the menjust naturally flock to her.
梅兰妮 你真是太好了
Oh, Melanie, you're just too good to be true.
你没看见她追你弟弟卡尔斯吗?
Didn't you see her going after your brother, Charles?
而且她知卡尔斯跟我好
Yes, and she knows Charles belongs to me.
你想错了 英蒂雅
Oh, you're wrong, lndia.
斯卡莉只不过是很活跃罢了
Scarlett's just high-spirited and vivacious.
男人只能拿这样的女人开开心 而不会娶她的
Men may flirt with girls like that but they don't marry them.
你这话说得太刻薄点了
I think you're being very mean to her.
战争!开战了!打仗了!
War! War's declared! War!
打仗了!
War!
打仗了!
War!
要打仗了!
War!
欧郝纳小姐
Miss O'Hara!
宣战了!宣战了!
欧郝纳小姐
Miss O'Hara!
真让人激动 林肯先生召募自愿军
Mr. Lincoln has called for soldiers,
和我们作战
volunteers to fight against us.
胡说什么 你们男人就没有别的重要的事吗?
Don't you men ever think of anything important?
可这是战争每个人都要入伍了
But it's war and everybody's going off to enlist.
立刻就走 我也去
They're going right away. I'm going too.
每个人?
Everybody?
欧郝纳小姐 看到我们走
Oh, Miss O'Hara, will you be sorry?
你会难过吧
To see us go, I mean.
我每天都会把枕头哭湿的
I'll cry into my pillow every night.
欧郝纳小姐 我说过我爱你
Miss O'Hara, I told you I loved you.
你是世上最美、最甜的、最可爱的姑娘
You're the most beautiful girl in the world, and the sweetest and the dearest.
我知道我不指望你爱我
I know I couldn't hope that you could love me.
我这么笨 这么傻根本配不上你
I'm so clumsy and stupid and not nearly good enough for you.
可如果你考虑嫁给我
But if you could think of marrying me
我愿意为你做世界上任何事
I'd do anything in the world for you.
任何事情 我保证
Just anything.I promise.
你…你在说什么?
What did you say?
欧郝纳小姐 你愿意嫁我吗?
Miss O'Hara, I said, would you marry me?
好吧 韩密尔敦先生 我愿意
Yes, Mr. Hamilton, I will.
你愿意?愿意嫁我你愿意等我?
You will? You'll marry me. You'll wait for me?
我…我不想再等了
I don't think I'd want to wait.
在我走以前 和我结婚?
You mean you'll marry me before I go?
欧郝纳小姐
Oh, Miss O'Hara.
太好了
Scarlett....
我什么时候和你父亲说?
When may I speak to your father?
越快越好
The sooner the better.
好吧 我这就去我不能等了
I'll go now. I can't wait.
请原谅
Will you excuse me,
亲爱的
dear?
欧郝纳先生…
Mr. O'Hara, Mr. O'Hara.
我们至少还有1星期的时间
It'll be a week at least before they call on me.
只有1星期他们就要把你招走了
Only a week, and then they'll take you away from me.
艾希礼…艾希礼…
欧郝纳太太
梅兰妮
斯卡莉 在我们昨天的婚礼上
Scarlett, I thought of you at our wedding yesterday...
我就希望你的婚礼也一样隆重
...and I hoped that yours would be as beautiful, and it was.
是吗?
Was it?
现在我们真正成了姐妹了
Now we're really and truly sisters.
- 卡尔斯 - 梅兰妮
- Charles. - Melanie.
亲爱的 别哭战争几个星期就会结束…
Don't cry, darling, the war will be over in a few weeks...
我又会回到你的身边
...and I'll be coming back to you.
虽然韩密尔敦上尉不是壮烈的战死在沙场
但仍无愧为一位英雄
他死于麻疹并发肺炎
夫人 我是非常尊敬您的
您忠实的仆人威德·韩密尔敦上尉
斯卡莉小姐
Miss Scarlett!
我不在乎我这么年轻就成为寡妇
Well, I don't care. I'm too young to be a widow.
斯卡莉小姐
Miss Scarlett!
我…我这个样子怎么见人那?
Why, I just go around scaring people in that thing.
你不能到外面去你穿着丧服呢!
You ain't supposed to be around people. You's in mournin'.
为什么?我并不难过
For what? I don't feel anything.
为什么要我装呢?
Why should I have to pretend and pretend....
怎么了?
What is it?
喔 宝贝…
Oh, baby....
怎么那?
What is it?
我的一切都完了
My life is over.
我没什么指望了
Nothing will ever happen to me anymore.
妈妈
Oh, Mother.
我一定认为我太不象话了
I know you'll think I'm horrible,
可我不能穿着黑衣服各处走
but I just can't bear going around in black.
不但不能参加任何舞会…
It's bad enough not being able to go to any parties...
还要这副样子 我并没有觉得你不象话
...but looking this way too. I don't think you're at all horrible.
这很自然 你还年轻当然喜欢漂亮了
It's only natural to want to look young and be young when you are young.
好了 宝贝…
Oh, baby....
你到外面去走走?怎么样!
How would you like to go visiting somewhere?
去沙凡摩 好吗?
Savannah perhaps?
我去沙凡摩干什么?
What would I do in Savannah?
那就…去亚特兰大
Well, Atlanta then.
那儿有很多事情可以做
There's lots going on there.
可以和梅兰妮和她的碧蒂姑妈在一起
And you could stay with Melanie and her Aunt Pittypat.
梅兰妮
Melanie.
对!
Yes.
对 可以吗
Yes, I could, couldn't l?
喔 妈妈 你对我太好了比任何人都好
Oh, Mother, you're sweet to me, sweeter than anybody in the world.
你愿意了 真的
You'd like it, really?
那好吧!那就别哭了!笑一笑
All right then. Now stop your crying and smile.
你可以带碧西一起去
You can take Prissy with you.
给斯卡莉小姐收拾行李 奶妈
Start packing Miss Scarlett's things, Mammy.
我去写封信
I'll go write the necessary letters.
亚特兰大…
Atlanta!
你还是去沙凡摩好 你在亚特兰大会有麻烦的
Savannah would be better for you. You'd just get in trouble in Atlanta.
你说有什么麻烦?
What trouble are you talking about?
你知道是什么麻烦我说的是卫尔克斯先生
You know what trouble I's talkin' about. I's talkin' about Mist' Ashley Wilkes.
他一休假就要回到亚特兰大
He'll be comin' to Atlanta when he gets his leave...
你就会像蜘蛛一样在那里等着他
...and you're sittin' there waitin' for him just like a spider!
- 他是属于梅兰妮小姐的 - 照妈妈说的给我收拾行理
- He belongs to Miss Melanie... - You go pack my things like Mother said.
人们都在议论我知道准是说她
They're all whispering, and I just know it's about her.
爱说就让他们说去吧碧蒂姑妈
What's it matter what they say, Aunt Pittypat?
可斯卡莉住在我家人们知道我该为她负责
But Scarlett is living under my roof so they all think I'm responsible for her...
一个寡妇在公共场合出头露面
and for a widow to appear in public at a social gathering!
我一想起这些 就要晕了
Every time I think of it I feel faint!
碧蒂姑妈 斯卡莉来这儿是为了义卖筹款帮忙的
Aunt Pitty, you know Scarlett came here only to help raise money for the cause.
对于她来说 已经作出牺牲了
It was splendid of her to make the sacrifice.
别人要是听见你这么说…
Anyone would think, to hear you talk...
还以为她来这儿是为了跳舞呢
...that she came here to dance instead of to sell things.
女士们 先生们
Ladies and gentlemen!
有重要的消息!特大的喜讯
I have important news! Glorious news!
我们的勇士们又取得了重大地胜利
Another triumph for our magnificent men in arms.
李将军彻底打败了敌人
General Lee has completely whipped the enemy.
把北方的军队从佛尔吉尼亚赶回北方去了
And swept the Yankee Army northward from Virginia.
现在报告大家一个令人惊喜的消息
And now, a happy surprise for all of us.
今晚上 我们中间有一位最勇敢的…
We have with us tonight that most daring
穿越封锁线的人
of all blockade-runners...
他的船只 冒着北方佬的枪林弹雨
...whose fleet schooners, slipping past the Yankee guns...
给我们运来了
...have brought us here
今天晚上大家穿的丝毛衣料
the very woolens and laces we wear tonight.
女士们 先生们 我说的这位行踪不定的人物
I refer, ladies and gentlemen, to that will-o'-the-wisp of the bounding main.
不是别人 他就是我们的朋友
None other than our friend from
查尔斯敦的瑞德·巴特勒船长
Charleston...Captain Rhett Butler!
请允许我
Permit me.
巴特勒船长 能见到你非常荣幸
Captain Butler, it's such a pleasure to see you again.
上次在我丈夫家里见过面
I met you last at my husband's home.
很荣幸你还记得我卫尔克斯太太
That's kind of you to remember, Mrs. Wilkes.
在十二颗橡树见过巴特勒船长吗?斯卡莉
Did you meet Captain Butler at Twelve Oaks, Scarlett?
是的 我…我见过
Yes. I, I think so.
只见了一会儿 韩密尔敦太太是在书房里
Only for a moment, Mrs. Hamilton. It was in the library.
你是打碎了什么东西
You had broken something.
是的 巴特勒船长 我记得你
Yes, Captain Butler, I remember you.
女士们 请求你们捐献珠宝支援我们崇高的事业
Ladies, the Confederacy asks for your jewelry on behalf of our noble cause.
我们没戴首饰 我在戴孝 等一下
We aren't wearing any. We're in mourning. Wait.
替卫尔克斯太太和韩密尔敦太太捐的
On behalf of Mrs. Wilkes and Mrs. Hamilton.
谢谢你 巴特勒船长
Thank you, Captain Butler.
请等一下
Just a moment, please.
这是您的结婚戒指 太太
But it's your wedding ring, ma'am.
这可能…对我丈夫会有所帮助
It may help my husband more, off my finger.
谢谢
Thank you.
这真是一个崇高的举动卫尔克斯太太
That's a very beautiful thing to do, Mrs. Wilkes.
给
Here.
我的也给你!为了事业
You can have mine, too, for the cause.
可是你…韩密尔敦太太我知道它对你有多大的意义
And you, Mrs. Hamilton. I know just how much that means to you.
- 梅兰妮 - 什么?米特大夫
- Melanie! - Yes, Dr. Meade.
我要做一件惊人的事情
I need your approval, as a member of the Committee...
你作为委员会的成员我需要你的同意…
...for something we want to do that's rather shocking.
请原谅!我们去一下
Will you excuse us, please?
我说一件事 战争造成了最奇特的寡妇
I'll say one thing, the war makes the most peculiar widows.
我希望你走开
I wish you'd go away.
你应该知道我不想再见到你
If you had any raising you'd know I never want to see you again.
别这么傻了?
Now, why be silly?
你没有理由恨我
You've no reason for hating me.
我会把你的秘密带到坟墓里去的
I'll carry your guilty secret to my grave.
我怎么能恨你这样一位战争中的大英雄呢?
I guess I'd be very unpatriotic to hate one of the great heroes of the war.
我很奇怪 你怎么会成为一个
I do declare I was surprised to see you turn out
品德高尚的人呢?
to be such a noble character.
我不能欺骗你这样一个小女孩 欧郝纳小姐
I can't bear to take advantage of your little girl ideas, Miss O'Hara.
我既不高尚 也不是英雄
I'm neither noble nor heroic.
可你穿过封锁线那?为了利益 只是为了利益
But you are a blockade-runner. For profit, and profit only.
你是说 你不相信什么理想?
Are you telling me you don't believe in the cause?
我只相信瑞德·巴特勒他是我唯一的理想
I believe in Rhett Butler. He's the only cause I know.
别的对我毫无意义
The rest doesn't mean much to me.
女士们先生们…
And now, ladies and gentlemen...
…我有一个惊人的提议
...I have a startling surprise
为了给医院募捐
for the benefit of the hospital.
先生们 如果你们想选哪位女士做你的舞伴…
Gentlemen, if you wish to lead the opening reel with the lady of your choice...
就请出个价钱
...you must bid for her.
卡沃尔米达 你怎么允许你丈夫这么做呢?
Caroline Meade, how can you permit your husband to conduct this...
就象拍卖奴隶
...this slave auction?
多莉·梅丽瑞你怎么能批评我呢?
Dolly Merriwether, how dare you criticize me!
梅兰妮告诉过大夫
Melanie Wilkes told the doctor...
只要是为了崇高的理想 这没有什么不对的
...that if it's for the benefit of the cause, it's quite all right.
她这么说?
She did!
天啊!天啊!我的嗅盐在哪儿?
Oh dear, oh dear. Where are my smelling salts?
我要晕倒了
I think I shall faint.
你别晕 碧蒂·韩密尔敦
Don't you dare faint, Pittypat Hamilton.
梅兰妮说没什么 就没什么
If Melanie says it's all right, it is all right.
来吧 先生们 你们出什么价?说吧
Come, gentlemen, do I hear your bids? Make your offers.
别不好意思 先生们
Don't be bashful, gentlemen.
我出20元请美贝尔·梅丽贝丝小姐
Twenty dollars, $20 for Miss Maybelle Merriwether.
我出25元请芬妮小姐
Twenty-five dollars for Miss *** Elsing.
只出到25元就…
Only $25 to give your...
我出150元金币…
One hundred and fifty dollars in gold.
请哪位小姐?先生
For what lady, sir?
请卡尔斯·韩密尔敦太太
For Mrs. Charles Hamilton.
请谁?先生
For whom, sir?
卡尔斯·韩密尔敦太太
Mrs. Charles Hamilton.
韩密尔敦太太在戴孝期间
Mrs. Hamilton is in mourning, Captain Butler...
不过我们亚特兰大每位美女们都会感到骄傲的…
...but I'm sure any of our Atlanta belles would be proud to...
米格大夫 我是说恰尔斯·韩密尔敦太太
Dr. Meade, I said Mrs. Charles Hamilton.
她不会考虑的 先生
She will not consider it, sir.
喔 我愿意
Oh yes, I will.
舞会开始了 请选好舞伴
Choose your partners for the Virginia reel.
我们震惊了南方邦联 太太
We've sort of shocked the Confederacy.
这有点像穿过封锁线 是不是?
It's a bit like blockade-running, isn't it?
比这更糟
It's worse.
不过我期望从中得到更多
But I expect a very fancy profit out of it.
我不管你期望什么他们怎么想
I don't care what you expect or what they think.
我就是要跳舞
I'm going to dance and dance.
今天晚上就是跟林肯跳舞我也不在乎
Tonight I wouldn't mind dancing with Abe Lincoln himself.
再跳一支舞我就名誉扫地了
Another dance and my reputation will be lost forever.
如果你有足够的勇气 就不用管什么名誉
With enough courage, you can do without a reputation.
我不爱听你这么说
Oh, you do talk scandalous.
你的华尔兹跳得真神了 巴特勒船长
You do waltz divinely, Captain Butler.
别给我卖弄风情
Don't start flirting with me.
我可不象葛米雅那些追求你的人
I'm not one of your plantation beaux.
我只想得到更多
I want more than flirting from you.
你想要什么?
What do you want?
告诉你 斯卡莉·欧郝纳
I'll tell you, Scarlett O'Hara,
你脸上不要装成南方美人的那种假笑
if you'll take that Southern belle simper off your face.
有一天我要你对我说…
Some day I want you to say to me...
你跟艾希礼说过的话
...the words I heard you say to Ashley Wilkes:
'我爱你'
"l love you."
你一辈子也不会听到这话巴特勒船长 永远听不到
That's something you'll never hear from me, Captain Butler, as long as you live.
亲爱的卫尔科斯太太:
难方邦联可能需要男人们的鲜血
但不需要妇女心中的血
我已赎回了您的戒指现在把它退还给您
等我从巴黎回来将要登门拜访
亲自向您这位伟大女性的勇气
和奉献精神表示敬意瑞德·巴特勒
我也把韩密尔敦太太的戒指附上
他心肠多好啊
How sweet, how kind.
真是一位有心人
He is a thoughtful gentleman.
别胡说了 他为什么一句也不提我的奉献精神?
Fiddle-dee-dee, why doesn't he say something about my sacrifice?
喔…喔!太可爱了
Oh, the darling thing.
瑞德 真是太漂亮了
Oh, Rhett, it's lovely, lovely.
你不会真的是从巴黎专门给我买的吧?
You didn't really bring it all the way from Paris just for me.
是的 我是想让你别在穿这虚伪的丧服了
Yes, I thought it was about time I got you out of that fake mourning.
下一次我给你带一块绿丝绸做衣服
Next trip I'll bring you some green silk for a frock
配这顶帽子
to match it.
喔…瑞德
Oh, Rhett.
我们前方战士应尽的责任
It's my duty to our brave boys at the front
是让在家的女孩子们打扮得漂漂亮亮
to keep our girls at home looking pretty.
我好长时间没有新东西了
Oh, it's so long since I've had anything new.
你看怎么样?
How do I look?
难看!太难看了!
Awful! Just awful.
喔…怎么了?
Why, what's the matter?
战争弄得你这样的女孩子…
This war has stopped being a joke...
都不知道时装该怎么穿戴了
...when a girl like you doesn't know how to wear the latest fashion.
瑞德 我自己来吧
Oh, Rhett, let me do it.
可是瑞德 我还不知道自己敢不敢戴出去
But, Rhett, I don't know how I dare wear it.
你会的
You will though.
奥…还有 你这条长裤
And another thing, those pantalettes.
现在巴黎还有那个女人穿长裤
I don't know a woman in Paris that wears pantalettes anymore.
那穿什么?
Oh, what do they...?
你不该跟我说这种事
You shouldn't talk about such things.
哼!小伪君子你不在乎 我知道
You little hypocrite.
只是不要说出来
You don't mind my knowing about them, just my talking.
瑞德 我不能再接受你的礼物了
But, I really can't go on accepting gifts from you,
虽然你是一片好心
though you are awfully kind.
不是好心 是诱惑你
I'm not kind. I'm just tempting you.
我送东西从来是指望回报的
I never give anything without expecting something in return.
我总是得到了
I always get paid.
我不会因为你送我一顶帽子就嫁给你
If you think I'll marry you to pay for the bonnet, I won't.
别抬高自己了
Don't flatter yourself.
我是不结婚的人
I'm not a marrying man.
我也不会为它和你接吻那!
Well, I won't kiss you for it either.
睁开眼睛看着我
Open your eyes and look at me.
不 我不想吻你
No, I don't think I will kiss you...
尽管你非常需要人吻你
...although you need kissing badly.
毛病就在这儿
That's what's wrong with you.
你需要经常被人家吻
You should be kissed and often.
被会亲吻的人去吻
And by someone who knows how.
我看 你以为你就是那个人
Oh, and I suppose you think you're the proper person.
可能吗?如果那个时刻到来的话
I might be, if the right moment ever came.
你是一个自负的、黑心肠的家伙 瑞德
You're a conceited, black-hearted varmint, Rhett Butler.
我为什么会让你来看我
And I don't know why I let you come and see me.
我来告诉你为什么
I'll tell you why, Scarlett.
因为我是这儿唯一
Because I'm the only man
的16岁到60岁的男人
over 16 and under 60...
…能让你高兴点的人
...who's around to show you a good time.
仗不会打多久了
But cheer up, the war can't last much longer.
真的?瑞德 为什么?
Oh really, Rhett? Why?
现在正在进行着一场小的战斗
There's a battle going on right now that ought to pretty well fix things...
无疑是…决定性的
...one way or the other.
瑞德 艾希礼参加了吗?
Oh, Rhett. Is Ashley in it?
你还在想着那个木头脑袋的卫尔克斯先生?
You still haven't gotten the wooden-headed Mr. Wilkes out of your mind.
是的 我想他也参加了
Yes, I suppose he's in it.
告诉我 瑞德 他在哪儿?
Oh, but tell me, Rhett, where is it?
在宾西法尼亚洲的一个小镇 叫葛里茨堡
Some little town in Pennsylvania called Gettysburg.
沉静而严峻
亚特兰大将痛苦的目光
投向远方的小镇
葛里茨堡
历史上新的一页
正等待三天来
在宾西法尼亚洲的田野上
所进行的一场
殊死决战
阵亡名单…
阵亡名单…
阵亡名单…
给你 梅兰妮小姐
Here you is, Miss Melanie.
他们都在抢所以把它撕成两半了
They was fightin' for them so it just got tore in half.
斯卡莉你看 W字头的在末尾
Scarlett, you look. The W's at the end.
威尔曼 温岱尔怀特 辉特 威尔金…
Wellman, Wendell, White, Whitner, Wilkins...
威廉士 伍喜 俄克纳
...Williams, Woolsey, Workman.
斯卡莉 俄克纳已经过了他了
Scarlett, you've passed him.
没在里面
He isn't there!
他没在里面
Oh, he isn't there!
艾希礼还平安
Ashley's safe. He isn't listed.
他还平安!他还平安!
Oh, he's safe, he's safe.
喔…斯卡莉 你真好替我为艾希礼担心
Oh, Scarlett, you're so sweet to worry about Ashley like this for me.
我要去看看她
I must go to her.
别在这儿哭了 亲爱的
Don't, my dear, not here.
我们回家吧
Let's go home.
米格大夫 你们…
Dr. Meade, not...
是的 我们的儿子达尔西…
Yes, our boy, Darcy.
我正在给他织手套呢
I was making these mittens for him.
现在用不上了
He won't need them now.
妈妈!我要去参军
Mother, I'm going to enlist! I'll show 'em.
我要把所有的北方佬都杀死!
I'll kill all those Yankees.
德米特 别说了
Phil Meade, you hush your mouth.
你去了再被打死你妈妈可怎么办?
Do you think it will help your mother to have you off getting shot too?
别说傻话了
I never heard of anything so silly.
真是凄惨的一天你没听到什么坏消息吧?
It's a black day, Scarlett. You haven't had bad news, have you?
艾希礼还平安
Ashley's safe.
我为卫尔克斯太太高兴
I'm glad, for Mrs. Wilkes' sake.
可是很多人阵亡了
But, Rhett, there are so many others.
你的朋友呢?
Many of your friends?
几乎每个家庭都有玖泰克兄弟两个
Just about every family in the county. The Tarleton boys, Rhett, both of them.
是这样!看看他们看看这些可怜的人们
Yes, look at them. All these poor tragic people.
南方算是垮了 再也站不起来了
The South's sinking to its knees. It'll never rise again.
过去的…生活的理想正在我们面前破裂
The cause...The cause of living in the past is dying right in front of us.
我以前没听你这样说过
I never heard you talk like that before.
我很气愤!浪费使我气愤所有这一切纯粹是浪费
I'm angry. Waste always makes me angry. And that's what all this is, sheer waste.
不过你不用伤心
But don't you be downcast.
艾希礼·威尔克斯还活着会回到爱他的女人家里…
Ashley Wilkes is still alive to come home to the women who love him...
两个女人
...both of them.
为了奖励斯克拂军团
的艾希礼·威尔克斯上校
在宾西法尼亚战役中所做的贡献
特准许圣诞节休假三天
你回来了
Oh, you're here.
你回来了 你真的回来了
Oh, you're here. You're really here at last.
我等了那么久
Oh, my dear, I've waited so long.
梅兰妮!我亲爱的妻子
Melanie, my dear, my darling wife.
喔…我们…我们把斯卡莉给忘了
Oh, but we're forgetting Scarlett.
斯卡莉 亲爱的
Scarlett, dear.
你就这样来迎接一个回来的战士吗?
Well, is this any way to greet a returning warrior?
艾希礼 我…
Ashley, l....
耶诞快乐 艾希礼
Merry Christmas, Ashley.
来吧 老先生你别跑啊!
Come on, old gentleman, come on.
我们已经把你的老伴给吃了
We've got all your wives.
把你的小鸡也给吃了
We've got all your little chicks.
你已经没什么牵挂了
You got nobody to worry your head about leavin'.
来呀 还留着你就是为了作耶诞晚餐的
Come on. Now you just stand still so you can be a Christmas gift for the white folks.
别跑!别跑!
Now hold on. Hold on!
不要这么傲慢…即使你是亚特兰大最后一只鸡
Don't go gettin' so uppity...even if you is the last chicken in Atlanta.
别再说战争了 现在是耶诞节
Let's not talk about the war. It's Christmas.
让我们谈点十二橡树呀、泰拉呀、和战前的事吧!
Let's talk about Twelve Oaks, and Tara and all the times before the war.
我们喝点酒好吗?碧蒂姑妈
Can we have the wine, Aunt Pittypat?
你怎么说酒不够了呢?彼得大叔
Why did you say there wasn't enough, Uncle Peter?
还有不少呢!这是以前我父亲存的最好的葡萄酒
There's plenty. It's the very last of my father's fine Madeira.
还是他叔叔送给他的 萨凡纳的威尔·汉密尔敦海军上将
He got it from his uncle, Admiral Will Hamilton of Savannah...
…此人娶了父亲的表妹 卡罗尔顿的杰西卡·卡罗尔…
...who married his cousin, Jessica Carroll of Carrollton...
她是父亲远房二表妹 和威尔卡斯家也是表亲
who was his second cousin once removed and a kin to the Wilkeses too.
我一直留着它等艾希礼回来过圣诞节的
I saved it to wish Ashley a Merry Christmas.
你们可以喝不过可别喝光了
But you mustn't drink it all at once
因为这是最后一瓶啦
because it is the last.
太好啦 亲爱的 这真是一件可爱的耶诞礼物
I meant it, my dear. It was a lovely Christmas gift.
现在 只有将军才能有这样的上衣
Only generals have tunics like this, nowadays.
你喜欢我真高兴
I'm so happy you like it, dear.
你哪儿来的布料?
Where did you get the cloth?
查尔斯屯一位太太送给我的
It was sent to me by a Charleston lady.
我们在医院里看护过她儿子 后来他死啦
I nursed her son while he was in the hospital, Ashley, before he died and....
你会爱惜它的 是不是?别把它弄破啦
Oh, you will take good care of it, won't you? You won't let it get torn.
答应我
Promise me.
放心吧
You mustn't worry.
我一定把它完整的穿回来 我保证
I'll bring it back to you without any holes in it, I promise.
晚安 亲爱的
Good night, my dear.
晚安 斯卡莉
Good night, Scarlett, darling.
时间到啦 彼得大叔 艾希礼先生该走啦?
Is it time yet, Uncle Peter, for Mr. Ashley to leave?
马上要走啦斯卡莉小姐
Pretty quick now, Miss Scarlett.
梅兰妮不送他到车站吗?她没改变主意吗?
She isn't going to the depot with him? She hasn't changed her mind?
没有小姐 她躺着呢!
No, ma'am. She's layin' down.
她整个心烦意乱
She's so upset.
卫尔克斯先生不让她下楼啦
Mist' Wilkes told her she can't even come downstairs.
艾希礼
Ashley!
艾希礼 让我送你去车站
Ashley, let me go to the depot with you.
我宁愿记着你现在这样…
Oh, Scarlett, I'd rather remember you as you are now...
…也不愿看见在车站发抖
...not shivering at the depot.
好吧
All right.
喔 艾希礼 我也有一件东西送你
Oh, Ashley, I've got a present for you, too.
斯卡莉 真漂亮
Why, Scarlett, it's beautiful.
快给我系上 亲爱的
Tie it on me, my dear.
梅兰妮给你做新衣服的时候
While Melly was making your new tunic,
我给你做了这个
I made this to go with it.
你亲手做的?
You made it yourself?
这我太有价值啦
Well, then I shall value it all the more.
你知道 我为你做什么都可以
You know there's nothing I wouldn't do for you.
有件事你能替我做吗?
There's something you can do for me.
什么事?
What is it?
你愿意替我照顾梅兰妮吗?
Will you look after Melanie for me?
她是那么地脆弱和文静
She's so frail and gentle
而且那么地爱你
and she loves you so much.
如果我死啦以后…
You see, if I were killed and she...
奥 别说啦 不吉利赶快祈祷吧
Oh, you mustn't say that. It's bad luck. Say a prayer quickly.
你替我祈祷吧
You say one for me.
所有的人都应该祈祷末日快要到啦
We shall need all our prayers now the end is coming.
末日?
The end?
战争的末日
The end of the war.
我们的世界末日
And the end of our world, Scarlett.
你不会认为北方佬会打败我们吧?
But, Ashley, you don't think the Yankees are beating us?
斯卡莉 我们的人现在光着脚
Oh, Scarlett, my men are barefooted now...
而拂吉尼亚的雪很厚
...and the snow in Virginia is deep.
看看他们把…
When I see them...
…再看看北方佬 一批一批越来越多…
...and I see the Yankees coming and coming, always more and more....
等结束啦 我会在遥远的地方
Well, when the end does come I shall be far away.
而由你照顾她对我是一个安慰
It'll be a comfort to me to know that she has you.
告诉我 斯卡莉 能答应吗?
You will promise, won't you?
我能
Yes.
艾希礼 就这些?
Is that all, Ashley?
就这些啦…再见
All except, goodbye.
- 艾希礼 我不能让你走 - 你要坚强些
- Oh, Ashley, I can't let you go. - You must be brave...
不…
No...
一定要
You must.
我又何尝忍心走呢?
How else can I bear going?
斯卡莉 你是那么的善良、那么的坚强、那么的美丽…
Oh, Scarlett, you are so fine and strong and beautiful.
不仅是甜美的脸…
Not just your sweet face, my dear...
还有…
...but you.
艾希礼 亲亲我 跟我吻别
Oh, Ashley, kiss me. Kiss me goodbye!
不 斯卡莉
No, Scarlett.
艾希礼 我爱你
Oh, Ashley, I love you.
我一直爱着你 从没爱过别人
I've always loved you. I never loved anyone else.
我跟卡里斯结婚只是为了气你
I only married Charles just to hurt you.
艾希礼 跟我说你爱我
Oh, Ashley. Tell me you love me.
我就靠它来渡过我的余生啦
I'll live on it the rest of my life.
再见
Goodbye.
等战争结束啦 艾希礼…
When the war is over, Ashley.
等战争结束…
When the war is over.
亚特兰大在祈祷与此同时
北方军正乘胜前进
人们仰着头
但是心情沉重
一批批伤员和难民
涌入不幸的左治亚州
我家的后面…
And there's a place back home...
有一棵野李子树 春天开满了花
...where a wild plum tree comes to flower in the springtime.
下面有一条小溪 你知道吗?
Down by the creek, you know.
是的 我知道
Yes, I know, I know.
我们小时候我和我的哥哥杰夫…
When we were little, my brother, Jeff, and I used to....
我跟你说过杰夫的事是吧?夫人
I told you about my brother, Jeff, didn't l, ma'am?
我是说过的
I know I did.
现在 也不知道他在什么地方
He...We don't know where Jeff is now, ma'am.
自从波尔园战役之后 就得不到他的消息啦
Since Bull Run we haven't heard anything and....
现在我们要给你量体温啦
Please, we must have your temperature now.
把这个放在嘴里 别再说话啦
Just take this in your mouth and not talk anymore.
现在别说
Not just now.
梅兰妮 我太累啦我得回家
Melanie, I'm so tired I've gotta go home.
你不累吗?梅兰妮
Aren't you tired, Melanie?
不 我不累 斯卡莉
No, I'm not tired, Scarlett.
被送来的 也可能是…艾希礼
This might be...Ashley.
只有陌生人来安慰他
And only strangers here to comfort him.
我不累 斯卡莉
No, I'm not tired, Scarlett.
他们可能…都是艾希礼
They could all be...Ashley.
我已经在马车上等了整整1小时
I've been sittin' by this curb one solid hour
想跟你说句话 卫尔克斯太太
waitin' to speak to you, Miss Wilkes.
走开 你这垃圾别打扰这俩位太太
Go on, you trash, don't you be pesterin' these ladies.
别理她 梅妮
Don't talk to her, Melly.
这没什么 斯卡莉 你是谁?
It's all right, Scarlett. Who are you?
我是贝儿·沃特琳 不过这没关系
My name's Belle Watlin'. But that don't matter.
也许你认为这儿没我的事
I expect you think I've got no business here.
告诉我你找我有什么事?
Hadn't you best tell me what you want to see me about?
我第一次到这儿来我说我要当护士
First time I come here, I says, "Belle, you're a nurse."
可是这儿的太太们不要我
But the ladies didn't want my kind of nursin'.
也许她们是对的
Well, they was more than likely right.
后来我要捐钱
Then I tried givin' 'em money.
她们认为我的钱也不够好
My money wasn't good enough for 'em, either.
这些老孔雀
Old pea-hens!
我认识一位先生说你心肠好
I know a gentleman who says you're a human bein'.
如果你是这样请替医院收下我的钱
If you are, which they ain't, you'll take my money for the hospital.
你在这儿干什么?不是已经跟你说过两次了吗?
What are you doing here? Haven't you been told twice already?
我是在跟卫尔克斯太太谈话
This time I'm conversin' with Miss Wilkes.
请你收下我的钱 卫尔克斯太太
You might as well take my money, Miss Wilkes.
既使是我的 也是好的钱
It's good money, even if it is mine.
你确实很慷慨
I'm sure you're very generous.
不!我不是 我不过跟大家一样 是南方人
No, I'm not. I'm a Confederate like everybody else, that's all.
你当然是
Of course you are.
这里很人可不这么想
There's some folks here wouldn't feel that way.
他们不像你 是这么好的基督徒
But maybe they ain't as good Christians as you.
看 米格太太 这有好多钱
Look, Mrs. Meade. It's a great deal of money.
10、20、30、50
Ten, $20, $30, $50.
还不是我们的纸币 是金币
And it's not our paper money. It's gold.
让我看看这个手绢
Let me see that handkerchief.
R B(意为 瑞德·巴特勒)
"R. B."
她坐的是瑞德·巴特勒的马车
And she's driving away in Rhett Butler's carriage!
我要是不怕失身份 看我怎么教训这个狐狸精
Oh, if I just wasn't a lady what wouldn't I tell that varmint!
谢尔曼将军的第一发炮弹给这个城市造成了恐慌
没有援军、没有武器
人们纷纷逃避即将来临的灾难
勇敢的残存部队开赴前方
姑铸一掷的迎击敌人
主是我的牧者 我必不至缺乏
"The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not want.
他使我躺卧在青草地上
"He maketh me to lie down in green pastures.
领略着安歇的时间…
"He leadeth....
他使我的灵魂苏醒
"He restoreth my soul.
以自己的名誉引导我走正义路
"He leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for His name's sake.
我虽然走过死阴的幽谷…
"Yeah, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death...
…也不怕遭害
"...l will fear no evil.
因为你与我同在
"For Thou art with me.
你的脏、你的肝都安慰吧…
"Thy rod and Thy staff, they comfort me."
北方佬!
Yankees!
米格大夫 他们离我们近啦
The Yankees! Dr. Meade, they're getting closer.
他们永远进不了亚特兰大
They'll never get into Atlanta.
永远越不过我们的防线
They'll never get through old Peg-Leg Hood.
给我点止痛药吧
Give me something for the pain.
- 给我点止痛药吧 - 很抱歉 孩子 我们什么药都没有
- Give me something for the pain! - Sorry, son, we haven't got anything to give you.
这些虱子快让我发疯啦
These animals is driving me crazy!
什么运气!
What luck!
你抓到啦我的J
You've got my jack!
给我一个A 我要去打仗!
Give me an ace and I'll start another war!
我会祝愿你!
I'll bid the moon!
我再也见不到你和爸爸啦
I'll never see you or Pa again.
- 这条腿得锯掉 孩子不! - 不!别管我!
- This leg's got to come off, soldier. - No, no! Leave me alone!
对不起 没别的办法啦
I'm sorry, soldier.
我们没有麻醉药了 大夫
We're all run out of chloroform, Dr. Meade.
只好不用麻药做手术啦
Then we'll have to operate without it.
不!不!我不锯!
No, no! Leave me alone!
你们不能这样!
You can't do it.
我不要你们锯!告诉威尔克森大夫
I won't let you do it to me! Tell Dr. Wilson
立刻把它锯掉 已经坏死啦
to take this leg off immediately. It's gangrene.
不!不!不要锯
No, no! Don't!
我已经3天3夜没回家啦
I haven't seen my family in three days.
我得回去半小时看一下
I'm going home for half an hour.
护理员 帮我一把
Orderly! Give me a lift.
大夫…
护士 把这张床腾出来吧
Nurse, you can free this bed.
斯卡莉小姐
Miss Scarlett!
弗兰克·肯尼迪
Why, Frank Kennedy!
休伦小姐 她好吗?
Miss Suellen, is she well?
你什么时候进来的 弗兰克?你伤势重吗?
When did they bring you in? You all right? Are you badly hurt?
- 休伦小姐她好吗? - 她很好 弗兰克
- But Miss Suellen, is she... - She's all right, but I...
大夫让你到手术室去
Dr. Wilson needs you in the operating room.
他要锯那条腿 快来
He's going to take off that leg. Better hurry.
我就回来
I'll be back.
喔…不!不!别管我!
No, no, leave me alone!
不!不!我受不了啦!
No, no, I can't stand it!
不!别切!别切!
No don't! Don't cut!
别切!
Don't cut!
护士在哪儿?
Where's the nurse?
求求你们啦…
Please!
大夫在等你呢!
Dr. Wilson's waiting.
让他等吧!我回家啦!我干够啦
Let him wait! I'm going home! I've done enough.
我再不想看人们死啦! 再也不看啦!
I don't want any more men dying! I don't want any more!
北方佬来啦!
快跑啊…北方佬来啦
大山姆
Big Sam!
大山姆!山姆
Big Sam! Big Sam!
天啊!是斯卡莉小姐
Almighty Moses, it's Miss Scarlett!
大山姆
Big Sam!
山姆
Big Sam!
莱吉、你们全在看见你们真高兴
Sam, 'Lige, 'Postel, Prophet! I'm so glad to see you!
泰拉怎么样?妈妈怎么没给我写信呢?
Tell me about Tara, about my mother. She didn't write me.
- 她病啦 斯卡莉小姐 - 病啦?
- She's gone and got sick, Miss Scarlett. - Sick?
只是一点小病 小姐
Just a little bit sick, that's all.
你爸爸因为膝盖受伤 没让他去打仗
Your pa was wild when they wouldn't let him fight 'cause of his broken knee.
军队让我们这些人为白人士兵挖掩体
He had fits when they took us field hands to dig ditches for white soldiers to hide in.
你妈妈说联盟需要我们 我们挖这个是为了南方
But your ma says the Confederacy needs us. So we's gonna dig for the South.
那有大夫吗?
Sam, was there a doctor?
对不起 太太 我们得前进啦
Ma'am, we've got to march.
再见啦 小姐我们会挡住北方佬的
Goodbye, Miss Scarlett. Don't worry, we'll stop them Yankees.
再见啦 大山姆 你们谁要是生病或受伤啦 就来找我
Goodbye, Big Sam. Goodbye, boys. If any of you get sick or hurt, let me know.
- 好 斯卡莉小姐 - 再见
- Goodbye, Miss Scarlett. - Goodbye.
- 再见 - 再见
- Goodbye. - Goodbye.
斯卡莉
Scarlett!
斯卡莉
Scarlett!
快上车 这可不是散步的时候
Climb into this buggy. This is no day for walking.
你会被挤倒的
You'll get run over.
欧!瑞德
Oh, Rhett!
请你快送我到碧蒂姑妈家
Drive me to Aunt Pitty's, please.
逃难挺好看的是不是?
Panic's a pretty sight, isn't it?
这是雪尔曼将军又送来的一张名片
That's just another of Gen. Sherman's calling cards.
他要来拜访我们啦
He'll be paying us a visit soon.
我得离开这儿 趁北方佬还没来赶快离开这儿
I've got to get out of here before the Yankees come!
你不打算在医院工作啦?
And leave your work at the hospital?
你对死亡、蚤子、做手续切肉赶到厌倦啦?
Or have you had enough of death and lice and men chopped up?
我看你不适和照顾伤病员
I suppose you weren't meant for sick men, Scarlett.
别跟我说这些啦我快吓死啦
Don't talk to me like that. I'm so scared.
我希望离开这儿
I wish I could get out of here.
那我们就一块走
Let's get out of here together.
没有必要呆在这儿看到南方遭秧
No use staying here and letting the South come down around your ears.
有很多好地方可以去
There are too many nice places to go and visit.
墨西哥、伦敦、巴黎…
Mexico, London, Paris...
- 跟你? - 是的 太太
- With you? - Yes, ma'am.
跟一个了解和钦佩你为人的男人
With a man who understands you and admires you for just what you are.
我认为我们俩人是同一类人
I figure we belong together, being the same sort.
我等着你心里不再想着
I've been waiting for you to grow up
那位愁眉苦脸的艾希礼·卫尔克斯
and get that sad-eyed Ashley out of your heart.
听说卫尔克斯太太还有一个月就要生产啦
Well, I hear Mrs. Wilkes is going to have a baby in another month or so.
爱上一个有妻儿的人一定会非常的痛苦
It'll be hard loving a man with a wife and baby clinging to him.
我们到啦 你是跟我走?还是下车?
Well, here we are. Are you going with me, or are you getting out?
我讨厌你、看不上你 至死都讨厌你、看不上你
I hate and despise you, Rhett Butler, and I'll hate and despise you till I die.
不 不会的 斯卡莉 不会那么久的
Oh, no, you won't, Scarlett. Not that long.
斯卡莉小姐…斯卡莉小姐
Miss Scarlett! Miss Scarlett!
人们都到梅肯去啦跑啦、都跑啦
Folks is all going to Macon and folks is running away and running away.
我受不啦啦 耳朵里全是炮声
I can't bear it! Those cannon balls right in my ears!
我一听到炮声 就要晕倒
I faint every time I hear one!
彼得大叔 小心箱子
Uncle Peter, look out for that trunk!
碧蒂姑妈 你要走吗?
But, Aunt Pitty, you aren't leaving?
也许我是个胆小鬼 可是亲爱的…
I may be a coward, but oh, dear!
北方佬进了左治亚
Yankees in Georgia!
他们是怎么进来的?
How did they ever get in?
我也要走 普里西替我收拾东西 快点
I'm going, too. Prissy, go pack my things. Get them, quick!
碧蒂姑妈 我也得走
Wait, Aunt Pitty, I won't be a minute.
斯卡莉 你真的要走吗?
Scarlett, do you really think you ought to?
斯卡莉
Scarlett!
怎么会事?你不是想逃跑吧?
What is this? You ain't planning on running away?
请你不要拦阻我我再也不想回医院去啦
And don't you dare try to stop me. I'm never going back to that hospital.
我闻够啦死人和腐烂的味
I've had enough of smelling death and rot and death.
我要回家 找我妈妈去她需要我
I'm going home. I want my mother. My mother needs me.
你要听我的话一定得留下
Now you've got to listen to me. You must stay here!
没有监护人?米格大夫这绝对不行
Without a chaperon, Dr. Meade? It simply isn't done!
天啊!夫人!这是战争不是花圆舞会
Good heavens, woman, this is war, not a garden party!
你必需留下 梅兰妮需要你
You've got to stay. Melanie needs you.
讨厌的梅兰妮
Oh, bother Melanie.
她已经病啦 她不应该有孩子
She's ill already. She shouldn't even be having a baby.
她可能会难产的 我们可以把她带走啊?
She may have a difficult time. Can't we take her along?
你要让她冒这个危险吗?
Do you want her to take that chance?
让她在坑坑洼洼的路上 把孩子早产在马车里吗?
To be jounced over rough roads and have her baby ahead of time, in a buggy?
又不是我的孩子 你照看她吧!斯卡莉…
It isn't my baby! You take care of her!
沃特大夫不够…
Scarlett! We haven't enough doctors...
又没有护士去照顾一个产妇
much less nurses to look after a sick woman.
你得留下来照顾她
You've got to stay for Melanie.
为什么?
What for?
我一点也不懂接生的事
I don't know anything about babies being born!
我懂!我懂!
I knows, I knows.
我知道怎么做 我帮人接过好多次啦
I knows how to do it. I's done it lots and lots.
让我来干吧 大夫我什么都会…
Let me, Doctor, let me. I can do everything.
- 好 那我就指望你帮忙啦 - 好吧 大夫
- Good. Then I'll rely on you to help us. - Yes, Doctor.
艾希礼在战场上打仗为理想在战斗
Ashley's fighting in the field, fighting for the cause.
他可能回不来啦 可能战死啦
He may never come back. He may die.
我们应该为他留下一个孩子
Scarlett, we owe him a well-born child.
艾希礼
Ashley.
斯卡莉 你要走就赶快来吧!
If you're coming, Scarlett, hurry!
我答应过…
I promised Ashley...
艾希礼
something.
你不走啦?
Then you'll stay?
好 你走吧 碧蒂小姐斯卡莉不走啦
Good. Go along, Miss Pittypat. Scarlett's staying.
走吧 彼德大叔天啊!我不知道该怎么办啦
Go on, Uncle Peter. Oh, dear, I don't know what to do.
就像世界末日就要到啦
It's like the end of the world.
彼德大叔 我的嗅盐
Uncle Peter, my smelling salts.
梅兰妮 梅兰妮 全都为了你
Melanie, it's all your fault!
我恨你!我恨你!
I hate you, I hate you!
恨你的孩子
And I hate your baby!
如果我没答应过艾希礼就好啦
If only I hadn't promised Ashley!
如果我没答应他…
If only I hadn't promised him!
围城
死亡从天而降
被炮火轰击了三十五天的亚特兰大
顽强地抵御着 盼望出现奇迹
随后这里是一片沉寂
这比隆隆的炮声更加令人恐惧
停一下!请停一下!
Stop! Stop, please stop!
北方佬真的要打进来啦吗?
Is it true? Are the Yankees coming?
是的 太太 部队在撤退
I'm afraid so, ma'am. The Army's pulling out.
撤出亚特兰大?把我们丢给北方佬?
Pulling out of Atlanta? Leaving us to the Yankees?
不是丢下 是撤退
Not leaving, ma'am, evacuating.
我们必须在雪尔曼切断通往南方的路以前撤出去
We've got to before Sherman cuts the McDonough Road and catches us.
这不是真的!不是真的我怎么办?
It can't be true! It can't be true! What'll I do?
最好赶快往南逃太太 我得走啦
Better refugee south right quick, ma'am. If you'll excuse me, ma'am.
普里西
Prissy!
普里西 快点 普里西
Prissy, come here!
快给我和梅兰妮小姐收拾东西 我们必须去泰拉
Pack my things and Miss Melanie's, too. We're going to Tara right away.
北方佬现在来啦
The Yankees are coming!
是 小姐
Yes, ma'am.
斯卡莉…
Scarlett!
斯卡莉…
Scarlett!
梅妮 我们得走…
Melly, we're going to...
梅妮
Melly!
真抱歉 成了你的累赘
I'm sorry to be such a bother, Scarlett.
天刚亮我就开始痛起来啦
It began at daybreak.
可是…可是…
But, but...
北方佬要来啦
But the Yankees are coming.
可怜的斯卡莉
Poor Scarlett.
要不是为了我现在你以经在泰拉
You'd be at Tara now with your mother, wouldn't you...
和你妈妈在一起啦
if it weren't for me?
喔!亲爱的…
Oh, Scarlett, darling...
你对我太好啦
you've been so good to me.
亲姐妹也没这么好
No sister could have been sweeter.
我躺在这儿想…
I've been lying here thinking...
要是我死啦…
if I should die...
你能收养我的孩子吗?
will you take my baby?
别胡说啦 梅兰妮
Oh, fiddle-dee-dee, Melly.
事情够糟的啦 别在说到死啦
Aren't things bad enough without you talking about dying?
- 我去请米格大夫来 - 等一等 斯卡莉
- I'll send for Dr. Meade right away. - Not yet, Scarlett.
我不能让米格大夫坐等几个小时
I couldn't let Dr. Meade sit here for hours, while...
- 而那些可怜的伤兵…梅妮 - 普里西!
- while all those poor, wounded boys... - Prissy!
普里西!普里西!快一点儿!
Prissy! Prissy! Come here, quick!
请米格大夫来!快点
Go get Dr. Meade! Run, quick!
小姐…孩子…
Yes, ma'am. The baby!
别在那儿傻站着 快跑!
Well, don't stand there like a scared goat. Run!
快点!快点!看我不把你卖到南方去的 我会的!
Hurry! I'll sell you South, I will! I swear I will!
普里西还没回来?
Where's that Prissy?
这屋子热得像个火炉啦…
This room's like an oven already...
还没到中午呢!
and it isn't noon yet.
别怕 梅妮
Oh, don't worry, Melly.
妈妈说 就好像大夫走不回来似的
Mother says it always seems like the doctor will never come.
该把这个普里西抽一顿
If I don't take a strap to that Prissy!
梅妮
Oh, Melly.
你知道我听说过梅贝尔的事吗?
You know what I heard about Maybelle Merriwether?
还记得她那个怪模怪样的男朋友吗?
You remember that funny-looking beau of hers?
穿的红色制服像女们内衣的料子
The one with a uniform like ladies' red flannel underdrawers.
你别为啦我不停的说话啦
You don't have to keep on talking for my sake, Scarlett.
我知道你现在有多烦
I know how worried you are.
梅妮 我去给你拿点凉水来
Oh, Melly, I'll just go and fetch you some cool water.
你怎么去了这么半天?
You're as slow as molasses in January.
米格大夫在那?
And where's Dr. Meade?
- 我根本就没有看见 斯卡莉小姐 - 什么?
- I ain't never seen him, Miss Scarlett. - What?
他没有在医院里
No, ma'am. He ain't at the hospital.
有…有一个人告诉我大夫在车棚和伤兵在一起…
A man, he told me the doctor's down at the car shed with the wounded soldiers...
为什么不到那里找他?
Well, why didn't you go after him?
斯卡莉小姐
Miss Scarlett.
我不敢到那个车棚去
I's scared to go down there to the car shed.
那里有很多死人我最害怕见到死人啦
There's folks dying down there and I's scared of dead folks.
你去照看梅妮小姐
Oh, you go sit by Miss Melly.
你让她着急不然我剥了你的皮
And don't you be upsetting her, or I'll whip the hide off you!
- 看见米格大夫啦吗? - 在那边
- Have you seen Dr. Meade? - Side, lady, please.
米格大夫 可找到你啦 大夫
Dr. Meade! Dr. Meade! At last!
谢天谢地 你来啦我这里正缺人呢!
Oh, thank heavens you're here. I need every pair of hands.
来吧!别楞着快干吧!
Come, child! Wake up! We've got work to do.
梅妮要生孩啦你得跟我一起回去
But Melly's having her baby. You've got to come with me!
你糊涂啦?我不能因为一个孩子离开这些人
Are you crazy? I can't leave these men for a baby!
他们要死啦!这么多人找个女人帮你
They're dying, hundreds of them! Get some woman to help you.
可我上哪儿去找人啦?米格大夫 她会死的
But there isn't anybody. Dr. Meade, she might die!
死…
Die!
瞧瞧他们吧眼看着他们将会失血而死
Look at them! Bleeding to death in front of my eyes!
没有麻醉药、没有绷带连止痛药都没有
No chloroform! No bandages! Nothing! Nothing to even ease their pain!
走吧 别来打扰我啦
Now run along and don't bother me.
别担心 孩子接生并不是什么大事
Now don't worry, child. There's nothing to bringing a baby.
把那只担架抬过来
Now bring those stretchers in here!
米格大夫
Dr. Meade!
好 我来啦
I'm coming.
大夫来了吗?
Is the doctor come?
没有!他来不了啦
No, he can't come.
喔!小姐梅妮小姐要生啦
Oh, Miss Scarlett, Miss Melly bad off.
他不能来 没有有人能来
He can't come. There's nobody to come.
普里西 没有大夫 你来接生 我来帮你
Prissy, you've got to manage without the doctor. I'll help you.
哦!不行!斯卡莉小姐不行
Oh, lordy, Miss Scarlett.
怎么哪?
Well, what is it?
不行!我们得找一个大夫
Lordy, we've got to have a doctor.
我对生孩子的事一点也不懂
I don't know nothing about birthing babies.
- 你说什么? - 我不会…
- What do you mean? - I don't know...
你说过接生的事你全会
You told me you knew everything about it.
我也不知道为什么撒那个谎
I don't know how come I told such a lie.
妈妈从来不让我看生孩子 啊…
Ma ain't never let me around when folks was having them.
斯卡莉
Scarlett!
斯卡莉
Scarlett!
斯卡莉小姐…
Oh, Miss Scarlett...
别说啦
Stop it!
去把炉子点着
Go light a fire in the stove!
烧一壶开水找一团线来…
Keep boiling water in the kettle, get me the ball of twine and...
把干净毛巾都拿来还有剪刀
and all the clean towels you can find, and the scissors.
别跟我说你找不着
Don't come telling me you can't find them.
快去!快去!
Go get them, and get them quick!
哦 是 小姐
斯卡莉
Scarlett!
斯卡莉
Scarlett!
来啦 梅妮
Coming, Melly.
来啦
Coming.
趁北方佬还没来你快走吧!
Go, Scarlett, before the Yankees get here.
我不怕 我不会离开你的
I'm not afraid. You know I won't leave you.
我不行啦 我要死啦
It's no use. I'm going to die.
别说傻话啦 梅妮你拉着我!拉着我!
Don't be a goose, Melly. Hold on to me. Hold on to me.
跟我说话 你跟我…说说话
Talk to me, Scarlett. Please talk to me.
别硬挺着啦
Don't try to be brave, Melly.
要喊就喊吧这没人听见
Yell all you want, there's nobody to hear.
妈妈说 床底下放一把刀能去掉一半的疼
Ma says that if you puts a knife under the bed, it cuts the pain in two.
巴特勒船长
Capt. Butler!
巴特勒船长
Capt. Butler!
你要找谁啊?
Who do you want?
巴特勒船长
Capt. Butler.
他在楼上 贝尔·沃特琳在请客呢
He's upstairs. Belle Watling's giving a party.
谢谢
Thank you.
巴特勒船长!
Capt. Butler! Oh, Capt. Butler!
什么事?这么吵啊?
What's all the rumpus about?
嗯 我来给巴特勒船长送个口信 沃特琳小姐
I's got a message for Capt. Butler, Miss Watling!
巴特勒船长 请你到这边来一下
Capt. Butler, you come out here in the streets to me.
什么事?普里西
What is it, Prissy?
斯卡莉小姐让我来找你
Miss Scarlett, she done sent me for you.
梅妮小姐今天生孩子啦
Miss Melly, she done had her baby today.
一个可爱的小男孩…
A fine baby boy...
是斯卡莉小姐和我给她接的生
and Miss Scarlett and me, we brung him.
你是来告诉我 斯卡莉…
Do you mean to tell me that Scarlett...
主要是我 巴特勒船长
Well, it was mostly me, Capt. Butler, only Miss Scarlett...
斯卡莉小姐她只是帮了一点忙
she helped me a little,
没有一个大夫能接得这么好
but I don't expect no doctor could have done no better!
只是…梅妮小姐觉得有点难受
Only Miss Melly, she feeling kind of poorly
现在都好啦
now it's all over!
好…我相信你
Yes, I can believe that!
北方佬要来啦 斯卡莉小姐说…
And the Yankees is coming, and Miss Scarlett,
她说…
she said...
啊…巴特勒船长 北方佬要来啦
Oh, Capt. Butler, the Yankees is here!
请你马上赶着马车到我们家
Please come and bring your carriage for us right away.
对不起 军队把我的马车拉走了
I'm sorry, Prissy, but the Army took my horse and carriage.
你上来看我能想点什么办法
You'd better come upstairs. I'll see what I can do.
哦…不
Oh, no, Capt. Butler!
我妈妈会用玉米杆打死我的
Ma would wear me out with a cornstalk
我要是进了沃特琳小姐的家门
if I was to go into Miss Watling's.
你们谁能告诉我到哪儿能偷一匹马去?
Any of you beauties know where I can steal a horse for a good cause?
- 到啦 瑞德 - 瑞德 是你吗?
- Whoa, Marse Robert. - Is that you, Rhett?
- 我们到啦 斯卡莉小姐 - 瑞德 我就知道你会来的
- We's here, Miss Scarlett. We's here! - Rhett, I knew you'd come.
晚安 真是个美好的天气
Good evening. Nice weather we're having.
普里西说你要出去旅行
Prissy tells me you're planning on taking a trip.
你要再开玩笑 我就杀了你
If you make any jokes now, I'll kill you!
你不是说你害怕了吧?
Don't tell me you're frightened.
即使你是一头山羊的话你也会害怕的
I'm scared to death. If you had the sense of a goat, you'd be scared too.
哦…北方佬
Oh, the Yankees.
不!不!还没有来
No, not yet.
这是我们的军队在销毁军火
That's what's left of our Army, blowing up the ammunition...
免得留给北方佬
so the Yankees won't get it.
我们一定得离开这儿
We've got to get out of here.
愿为您效劳
At your service, madam.
可是你有去哪儿呢?
Just where are you figuring on going?
回家 去泰拉
Home, to Tara.
泰拉?泰拉附近已经打了一整天啦
They've been fighting all day around Tara.
你能穿过北方的军队…
Do you think you can parade through the Yankee Army...
带着一个产妇、一个婴儿
with a sick woman, a baby,
和一个头脑简单的黑丫头…
and a simple-minded darky...
还是要把他们扔下?
or do you intend leaving them behind?
我们一起走我要回家 别拦着我
They're going with me. I'm going home. You can't stop me!
你知道卫尔克斯太太在野外长途颠簸有多危险?
Don't you know it's dangerous jouncing Mrs. Wilkes over miles of open country?
我想我妈妈
I want my mother!
我要回泰拉去
I want to go home to Tara!
泰拉也可能都被烧光啦
Tara's probably been burned to the ground.
现在树林里到处都是散兵游勇
The woods are full of stragglers from both armies.
他们会把你的马抢走的…
The least they'll do is take the horse away from you.
我是费了很大力气才把它们偷来的
It isn't much of an animal, but I had trouble stealing it.
我就是一步一步的走也要走回家
I'm going home if I have to walk every step of the way.
如果你要阻拦我 我就杀了你 我会的!
I'll kill you if you try to stop me. I will, I will!
我会…会的…
I will!
好啦 亲爱的 好啦回家就是啦
All right, darling, all right. Now you shall go home.
我想任何人能有你今天的本事
I guess anybody who did what you've done today
也对付得了雪尔曼啦
can take care of Sherman.
好啦 好啦 别哭啦
Here, now. Stop crying.
擦擦鼻子 像个乖孩子
Now blow your nose like a good little girl.
啊!
There.
普里西 你在干什么?
Prissy! What are you doing?
正在收拾东西 斯卡莉小姐
I's packing, Miss Scarlett.
别收拾啦 把孩子抱来
Stop it and come get the baby.
哦…是…
Yes, ma'am.
梅妮 梅妮
Melly!
卫尔克斯太太 我们送你去泰拉
Mrs. Wilkes, we're taking you to Tara.
泰拉…
Tara...
- 只能这样 梅妮 - 不
- It's the only way, Melly. - No.
再等着雪尔曼来啦会把房子烧掉
Sherman will burn the house over our heads if we stay.
没什么 梅妮这没什么
It's all right, Melly.
我的孩子 我的贝迪
My baby. My poor baby.
你还有力气搂住我的脖子吗?
Have you the strength to put your arms around my neck?
我想能行
I think so.
别担心
Never mind.
艾希礼、卡里斯…
Oh, Ashley, Charles...
怎么?她要什么?
What is it? What does she want?
艾希礼的照片 卡里斯的军带她要带走
Ashley's picture, Charles' sword. She wants us to bring them.
带上吧
Get them.
那是什么?
What's that?
大概是我们的勇士在放火烧仓库
Our gallant lads must have set fire to the warehouses near the depot.
那里整车厢的军火足能把我们崩到泰拉
There's enough ammunition in the boxcars to blow us to Tara.
我们要穿过去就赶快走
We'll have to hurry to get across the tracks.
- 别走那条路 - 只能这样
- You're not going that way! - We have to.
这使唯一没有被切断的路
The McDonough Road's the only one the Yankees haven't cut yet.
等等!我忘了锁大门啦
Oh, wait. I forgot to lock the front door.
你在笑什么?
What are you laughing at?
笑你想锁住北方佬
At you, locking the Yankees out.
希望他们走快点
Oh, dear, I wish they'd hurry.
我要是你就不会急着要他们走
I wouldn't be in such a hurry to see them go if I were you.
他们这一走
With them goes
这最后的法律和秩序就象征着消失啦
the last semblance of law and order.
那些暴徒可不会浪费时问
The scavengers aren't wasting any time.
我们得赶快走
We've got to get out of here fast.
那儿有匹马
There's a horse!
把马留下 马留下
把它留下 留下
到那边去 把他们截住
Down the alley, cut them off.
把马给我
Give me that horse.
斯卡莉小姐…斯卡莉小姐
Miss Scarlett!
军队不给北方佬而留下任何东西
They haven't left much for the Yankees to take, have they?
趁大火还没有烧到军火库以前 我们得冲过去
We'll have to make a dash for it before the fire reaches that ammunition.
走哇!快点!
快点!
Come on!
把披肩给我
Throw me your shawl.
对不起 你什么看不见会好一些的
Sorry, but you'll like it better if you don't see anything.
好好看看吧 亲爱的
Take a good look, my dear.
你可以告诉你的子孙
You can tell your grandchildren...
老南方是怎样在一夜之间覆灭的
how you watched the old South disappear one night.
还说1个月消灭北方佬
They were going to lick the Yankees in a month.
可怜的傻瓜
Poor gallant fools!
都是由于他们的
They make me sick, all of them!
狂妄自负才把我们弄到这个地步
Getting us all into this with their swaggering and boasting.
我那时候就认为他们太狂妄自负啦
That's the way I felt once about their swaggering and boasting.
瑞德 我正高兴你没去参军
Rhett, I'm so glad you aren't with the Army.
现在你可以得意啦因为你比他们聪明
You can be proud now, proud that you've been smarter than all of them.
我并不得意
I'm not so proud.
为什么停车?
Why did you stop?
这是去泰拉的路 让马喘口气
This is the turn to Tara. Let the horse breathe a bit.
卫尔克斯太太
Mrs. Wilkes.
梅妮小姐昏过去啦巴特勒船长
Miss Melly done fainted way back, Capt. Butler.
啊!或许这样样会更好
Well, she's probably better off.
不然受不了这份罪的
She couldn't stand the pain if she were conscious.
斯卡莉 你一定要干这愚蠢的事吗?
Scarlett, are you still determined to do this crazy thing?
奥…是 我知道我们能过去
Yes. I know we can get through, Rhett.
我们一定能 不是我们 亲爱的
I'm sure we can. Not we, my dear. You.
我离开你们啦
I'm leaving you here.
你说什么?你要去哪儿?
You're what? Rhett, where are you going?
亲爱的 我要参军去
I'm going, my dear, to join the Army.
你在开玩笑?又在吓唬我
You're joking! I could kill you for scaring me so!
我是认真的
I'm very serious, Scarlett.
到我们灰色勇士的行列里去
I'm going to join up with our brave lads in gray.
可他们在逃跑啊!
But they're running away!
不 我想他们会做最后的抵抗的
No. They'll turn and make a last stand, if I know anything about them.
那个时候 我要跟他们在一起 虽然晚了一点…
When they do, I'll be with them. A little late, but "Better late... "
但是晚总比…瑞德 你准是在开玩笑
Rhett, you must be joking!
你太自私了吧?
Selfish to the end, aren't you?
只想着自己 却从来不想着那些崇高的目标
Thinking only of your own precious hide, with never a thought for the noble cause.
你怎么能这样对我…
Rhett, how could you do this to me...
而且为什么现在要走现在我正需要你
and why should you go now, after it's all over and I need you?
为什么?为什么?
Why? Why?
为什么?
Why?
因为我一向留恋破灭的理想
Maybe it's because I've always had a weakness for lost causes...
一旦真正破灭的话
once they're really lost.
或许是…
Or maybe...
我自己感到羞愧
maybe I'm ashamed of myself.
谁知道呢?
Who knows?
你应该羞死 把我们扔在这儿 无依无靠
You should die of shame to leave me here alone and helpless!
你无依无靠?
You helpless?
北方佬要是抓到你他们就得…求上帝保佑啦
Heaven help the Yankees if they capture you!
现在下来 说再见吧!
Now climb down here.I want to say goodbye.
不
No!
下来
Climb down.
瑞德 请你别走你不能走
Oh, Rhett, please don't go. You can't leave me, please.
我永远不会原谅你
I'll never forgive you!
我不求你原谅我
I'm not asking you to forgive me.
我永远也不理解或原谅我自己
I'll never understand or forgive myself.
如果子弹打中我那倒好啦 我是个白痴
And if a bullet gets me, so help me, I'll laugh at myself for being an idiot.
我只知道…
But there's one thing I do know...
我爱你 斯卡莉
and that is that I love you, Scarlett.
即使这倒霉的世界和我们俩都变成碎片 我也爱你
In spite of you, me and the whole silly world going to pieces around us...I love you...
因为我们很相像 我们都够坏啦
because we're alike. Bad lots, both of us.
自私而且精明
Selfish and shrewd...
但我们能够一眼把事物看清楚
but able to look things in the eyes and call them by their right names.
别这么搂着我
Don't hold me like that!
斯卡莉 看着我
Scarlett, look at me.
我爱你胜过爱任何女人
I love you more than I've ever loved any woman.
我等待你的时间比等待任何女人都长
And I've waited longer for you than I've ever waited for any woman.
放开我
Let me alone!
在你面前是一个爱你的南方战士
Here's a soldier of the South who loves you, Scarlett...
期待着你的拥抱
wants to feel your arms around him...
期待着把和你亲吻的记忆带到战场
wants to carry the memory of your kisses into battle with him.
别担心着我
Never mind about loving me.
你是在为一个准备带着美好记忆去赴死的战士送行
You're a woman sending a soldier to his death with a beautiful memory.
斯卡莉 吻我
Scarlett, kiss me.
就这一次
Kiss me, once.
你下流、胆小、卑鄙的东西
You low-down, cowardly, nasty thing, you!
他们说对啦!人人都说对啦你不是个绅士
They were right! Everybody was right! You aren't a gentleman!
现在这些都无所谓了
A minor point at such a moment.
给你
Here.
如果有人要抢这匹马就打他
If anyone lays a hand on that nag, shoot him.
可是别弄错了把马给打死
But don't make a mistake and shoot the nag.
走吧!走吧!我要你走我希望一颗炮弹把你打中
Oh, go on. I want you to go. I hope a cannonball lands slap on you.
把你炸成一百万片
I hope you're blown into a million pieces!
别再说啦我知道你是怎么想的
Never mind the rest. I follow your general idea.
我希望等我为国捐躯的时候…
And when I'm dead on the altar of my country...
你的良心能够感到不安
I hope your conscience hurts you.
再见啦 斯卡莉
Goodbye, Scarlett.
来 走吧!我们回家啦
Come on, you! We're going home.
我可怜的孩子
Oh, my poor baby.
别担心 梅妮
Don't worry, Melly.
回到家里妈妈会照顾他的
Mother will take care of him when we get home.
斯卡莉小姐 我饿极啦
Miss Scarlett, I's powerful hungry.
我们弄点吃的吧
We's got to have something to eat.
别说啦
Oh, hush up!
快到十二橡树啦我们在那儿休息
We're nearly at Twelve Oaks. We'll stop there.
快走
Go on!
卫约翰 1864年
艾希礼 艾希礼辛亏你没看到这些
Ashley, I'm glad you're not here to see this.
北方佬
The Yankees!
可恶的北方佬
The dirty Yankees!
普里西 普里西去把牛栓住
Prissy, come tie up this cow!
我们不需要牛 斯卡莉小姐
We don't need no cow, Miss Scarlett.
我们就要到家啦我…我害怕牛
We'll be home soon, and I's scared of cows.
撕一条你的衬裙把它绑在车后面
Tear up your petticoat and tie her on to the back of the wagon.
贝比需要牛奶还不知道家里能有什么
We need milk for the baby, and we don't know what we'll find at home.
梅妮!我们到家啦
Melly! Melly, we're home!
到泰拉啦
We're at Tara!
你快点走!这畜牲
Hurry! Move, you brute!
斯卡莉小姐 它死啦
Miss Scarlett, he's dead!
我没看见房子!它还在吗?
I can't see the house! Is it there?
我看不见房子!他们把它烧啦吗?
I can't see the house. Have they burned it?
哦 它还在
Oh, it's all right.
没有被烧掉
It's all right! They haven't burned it!
它还在呢
It's still there!
妈妈!爸爸!
Mother! Mother! I'm home.
妈妈!爸爸!我回来啦
Mother! Mother! I'm home.
妈妈!让我进去!
Mother, let me in. It's me, Scarlett!
爸爸
Pa!
爸爸
Oh, Pa!
我回来啦
I'm home!
我回来啦
I'm home!
凯丽
Katie.
凯丽·斯卡莉
Katie Scarlett.
哦 宝贝
Oh, darling.
妈咪
Mammy!
- 妈咪 我回来啦 - 宝贝孩子
- Mammy, I'm home. - Honey, honey child!
妈咪 我没事…
Oh, Mammy, I'm so...
妈妈在那儿?
Where's Mother?
她啊…
Why...
休伦小姐和凯琳小姐得了伤寒病
Miss Suellen and Miss Carreen, they was sick with the typhoid.
她病啦 现在好多啦
They had it bad, but they's doing all right now.
弱得象小猫似的
Just weak like little kittens.
可…妈妈在哪儿?
But where's Mother?
你妈妈…
Well...
爱伦小姐去照顾艾利·施莱特那个坏女人
Miss Ellen, she went down to nurse that Emmie Slattery, that white trash...
她也被传染上啦
and she took down with it, too.
昨天夜里她…妈妈
And last night, she...
妈妈
Mother!
妈妈
Mother.
她在哪?
啊…
斯卡莉小姐
Miss Scarlett, honey.
你有什么吩咐吗?斯卡莉小姐
If there's anything I can do, Miss Scarlett...
把梅妮小姐安置好了吗?
What did you do with Miss Melly?
你别担心梅妮小姐啦
Don't you worry your pretty head about Miss Melly, child.
我已经把她和婴儿都安置到床上啦
I done slapped her in bed already, along with the baby.
波克 把我牵来的牛牵进牛栏里吧
You better put that cow I brought into the barn, Pork.
没有牛栏啦 斯卡莉小姐
There ain't no barn no more, Miss Scarlett.
北方佬把它拆啦当柴烧啦
The Yankees done burned it for firewood.
他们用这所房子当指挥部
They used the house for their headquarters.
周围都搭上了帐篷
They camped all around the place.
北方佬到泰拉来啦
Yankees in Tara!
是的 他们把所有的东西都偷走啦
Yes, ma'am, and they stole most everything they didn't burn.
所有的布、所有的毯子连你母亲的念珠都偷走啦
All the clothes and all the rugs and even Miss Ellen's rosaries.
我饿死啦 波克 给我弄点吃的来
I'm starving, Pork. Get me something to eat.
没有吃的啦 他们都拿走啦
There ain't nothing to eat, honey. They took it all.
所有东西?
All the chickens, everything?
他们拿走了所有的东西
They took them the first thing.
把吃不了的东西放在马鞍上带走啦
And what they didn't eat they carried off across their saddles.
别再跟我说他们都干什么啦
Don't tell me any more about what they did!
爸爸 这是什么?
What's this, Pa?
威士忌?
Whiskey?
是的 女儿
Yes, daughter.
凯丽·斯卡莉 够啦
Katie Scarlett, that's enough!
你不会喝酒 你要喝醉的
You're not knowing spirits, you'll make yourself tipsy.
我希望喝醉
I hope it makes me drunk.
醉了倒好
I'd like to be drunk.
斯卡莉…
爸爸
Oh, Pa.
这些是什么?
What are those papers?
是…债券
Bonds.
是我们的全部财产
They're all we've saved.
就留下这些啦
All we have left.
债券
Bonds.
什么样的债券?爸爸
What kind of bonds, Pa?
当然是邦联的啦 女儿
Why, Confederate bonds, of course, daughter.
邦联的债券
Confederate bonds.
那还有什么用呢?
What good are they to anybody?
我不爱听你这样说话斯卡莉
I'll not have you talking like that, Katie Scarlett.
爸爸 我们没有钱没有吃的 怎么办?
Oh, Pa, what are we going to do with no money and nothing to eat?
应该去问你妈妈
We must ask your mother.
对啦
That's it!
应该去问欧郝纳太太
We must ask Mrs. O'Hara.
- 问妈妈? - 对
- Ask Mother? - Yes.
欧郝纳太太知道该怎么办
Mrs. O'Hara will know what's to be done.
现在别打扰我
Now don't be bothering me.
出去骑会儿马
Go out for a ride.
我很忙
I'm busy.
爸爸…
Oh, Pa...
什么事也不用您操心
don't worry about anything.
斯卡莉回来啦
Katie Scarlett's home.
你放心吧
You needn't worry.
斯卡莉小姐
Miss Scarlett.
咱们给病人跟孩子吃什么呢?
What are we gonna to do with nothing to feed those sick folks and that child?
我不知道 妈咪
I don't know, Mammy.
我不知道
I don't know.
菜园子里除了罗卜什么都没有
We ain't got nothing but radishes in the garden.
斯卡莉小姐休伦小姐和凯琳小姐
Miss Scarlett, Miss Suellen and Miss Carreen...
她们要擦擦身子
they's fussing to be sponged off.
别的用人都上哪儿去啦?
Where are the other servants, Mammy?
哦 小姐 就剰我和波克啦
Miss Scarlett, there's only just me and Pork left.
别的人有的去打仗有的逃跑啦
The others went off to the war or runned away.
我不能又照顾病人又管孩子
I can't take care of that baby and sick folks, too.
我只有两只手啊
I's only got two hands.
谁去挤牛奶啊?斯卡莉小姐
Who's going to milk that cow, Miss Scarlett?
我们都是干屋里活的
We's houseworkers.
上帝是我的见证…
As God is my witness...
上帝是我的见证他们别想打垮我
As God is my witness, they're not going to lick me.
我要渡过这一时刻
I'm going to live through this,
等一切都过去 我永远不再挨饿
and when it's all over, I'll never be hungry again.
也不让家里人挨饿
No, nor any of my folks.
那怕是说谎、去偷、去骗、或杀人
If I have to lie, steal, cheat or kill.
上帝是我的见证我绝不再挨饿啦
As God is my witness, I'll never be hungry again!
《乱世佳人》上集 完
狂飙袭卷佐治亚洲
雪尔曼将军
为了催垮南方邦联
使之一败涂地 永远臣服
这位伟大的入侵者 挥师前进
在他身后
留下了一条宽六十英里的北极
从亚特南大直达海地
泰拉幸存下来了
面对饥饿和苦难
《乱世佳人》下集
哦!我的腰都要折了
My back's near broken.
哦!看我的手
Look at my hands.
妈妈说过 看她的手就知道她是不是位小姐
Mother said you could always tell a lady by her hands.
我看什么手啊 小姐以后都无所谓啦
I guess things like hands and ladies don't matter so much anymore.
你歇会吧 休伦你还没有完全好
You rest, Sue. You're not well yet,
我可以干二个人的活
and I can pick cotton for both of us.
斯卡莉德 她真可恶
Scarlett's hateful,
让我干这个…我不想…这可没办法
making us work in the fields like... Too bad about that.
继续干活 我不能把泰拉所有的活都干完
Now get back to work. I can't do everything at Tara all by myself.
我才不管泰拉呢我恨泰拉
What do I care about Tara? I hate Tara!
看你还敢再说恨泰拉
Don't you ever dare say you hate Tara again!
那就是恨爸爸和妈妈
It's the same as hating Pa and Ma.
凯蒂·斯卡莉有件事我必须跟你说
Katie Scarlett, there's something I must speak to you about.
爸爸 什么事?
Yes, Pa, what is it?
我以经跟普里西和妈咪说了
I've been talking to Prissy and Mammy.
我不喜欢你这样对待她们
I don't like the way you're treating them.
对下人是要严格 但态度要温和
You must be firm with inferiors, but you must be gentle with them...
特别是对黑人
especially darkies.
是的 爸爸 我知道
Yes, Pa, I know.
可我没让她们做我自己不做的事
But I'm not asking them to do anything I'm not doing myself.
不管怎么说 我不喜欢
Nevertheless, Katie Scarlett, I don't like it.
我要跟欧郝纳太太说
I shall speak to Mrs. O'Hara about it.
你下来干什么?梅妮
What are you doing out of bed, Melly?
斯卡莉 我要跟你说
Scarlett, darling, I must talk to you.
你们都太辛苦了 我不能躺在那儿什么也不干
You are all working so hard. I can't lie in bed doing nothing.
快回到楼上去 你身体很虚弱
Go on back upstairs. You're as weak as a newborn colt.
- 请让我干吧 斯卡莉 - 别逞强了
- Please, Scarlett, let me. - Stop being noble.
我的事已经够多了 你要再病 那就永远好不了
I've got enough on my hands...without you making yourself sick so you'll never be any use.
我…我没想到这一点
Oh, I didn't think of it that way.
谁在那儿?别动动就开枪了
Who's there? Halt or I'll shoot.
你一个人 小媳妇?
You're alone, little lady?
你不太友好 是不是?
You ain't very friendly, are you?
除了这耳环还有别的吗?
You got anything else besides these earbobs?
你们北方佬来过这儿了
You Yankees have been here before.
你是小泼妇是吧
Regular little spitfire, ain't you?
手里还藏着什么?
What have you got hidden in your hand?
你把他打死了
Scarlett, you killed him.
我真高兴
I'm glad you killed him.
斯卡莉德 斯卡莉德
Scarlett, what happened?
出什么事了 斯卡莉德?
What is it, Scarlett? What is it?
别害怕 孩子们
Don't be scared, chickens.
你们的姐姐擦枪走火了 差点没把她吓死
Your big sister was cleaning a revolver...and it went off and nearly scared her to death.
哦 谢天谢地 还嫌我们吓得不够吗?
Oh, thank goodness. Haven't we got enough to frighten us?
告诉凯蒂·斯卡莉要小心点儿
Tell Katie Scarlett she must be more careful.
你可真会撒谎
What a cool liar you are, Melly.
我们得赶快把他弄出去埋掉 斯卡莉德
We've got to get him out of here and bury him.
如果让北方佬发现了他们就会…
If the Yankees find him here, they'll...
我没看见别的人他大概是逃兵
I didn't see anyone else. I think he must be a deserter.
那也得把他藏起来
But even so, we've got to hide him.
他们听到风声就…会抓你的
They might hear about it, and then they'd come and get you.
我可以把他埋在藤箩架小林的角落里
I could bury him in the arbor where the ground is soft...
可是…可我们怎么把弄搬出去呢?
but how will I get him out of here?
我们一人拉一条腿
We'll both take a leg and drag him.
你连只猫都拉不动
You couldn't drag a cat.
斯卡莉 我们搜一搜他的背包 没什么不好吧?
Do you think it would be dishonest if we went through his haversack?
我都没想到
I'm ashamed I didn't think of that myself.
你搜背包 我搜他的口袋
You take the haversack, I'll search his pockets.
我有点不舒服
You look. I'm feeling a little weak.
我看里面都是钱
Melly, I think it's full of money!
梅妮 你看 你看啦
Oh, Melly, look! Look!
二十、三十、四十
$10, $20, $30, $40...
别数了 现在没功夫
Don't stop to count it now. We haven't got time.
这就意味着我们有吃的了
Do you realize this means we'll have something to eat?
翻翻别的口袋
Look in his other pockets.
快!快!…
Hurry, hurry!
- 我们得赶快把他拖出去 - 这里
- We've got to get him out of here. - Here.
院子里留下血迹我们就瞒不住了
If he bleeds across the yard, we can't hide it.
把你的睡衣给我
Give me your nightgown, Melly.
我要把他的头包上
I'll *** it around his head.
别在乎 我不会看你的
Don't be silly. I won't look at you.
我要是穿着睡裙或长裤就会用我的那
If I had my petticoat or pantalets, I'd use them.
幸亏我没那么…
Thank heavens I'm not that modest.
快上床去吧不然你快死了
Now go back to bed. You'll be dead if you don't.
等我埋了他 再把血擦干净
I'll clean up the mess when I've buried him.
不用 我会擦的
No, I'll clean it up.
我想我是杀人了
Well, I guess I've done ***.
现在先不想它了
I won't think about that now.
我明天再想吧
I'll think about that tomorrow.
凯迪·斯卡莉…
Katie Scarlett!
凯迪·斯卡莉结束了…
Katie Scarlett!
全结束了
It's over! It's over!
战争结束了
It's all over! The war!
李将军投降了
Lee surrendered.
- 这不可能! - 那我们为什么要打呢?
- It's not possible. - Why did we ever fight?
艾希礼要回来了
Ashley will be coming home.
对 艾希礼要回来了
Yes, Ashley will be coming home.
我们要种更多棉花
We'll plant more cotton.
明年收的棉花要堆成山
Cotton ought to go sky-high next year!
衣衫滥缕的骑士们
从失败的冒险中
重返家园
他们步履盘栅的回到曾是富足的沃土
如今已是满目疮痍
随之而来的是另一个入侵者---投机商
这比他们曾经与之战斗过的任何敌人都更加残酷和艰巨
使你获自由的旗帜
The flag that makes you free
所以我们齐声合唱从亚特南大到大海边
So we sing the chorus from Atlanta to the sea
当我们踏上乔治亚州时
While we were marching through Georgia
滚开 别挡道!反派
Get out of the road, rebel! Get out of the way!
能让个快死的人搭一下车吗?
Have you room in your carriage for a dying man?
我这儿没有南方贱民的地方
I got no room for any Southern ***, alive or dead.
給我滚开
Get out of the way.
我看他宁愿走也不愿意搭这车
I reckon he'd rather try and walk it at that.
驾!滚开!你们这些乞丐!
Giddap! Jump, you gray-backed beggars!
都是他们打胜了
Act like they won the war!
快把裤子仍给我肯尼迪先生
Now you come on and give me them pants, Mr. Kennedy.
快点!
Come on.
用肥皂把自己好好搓搓
You scrub yourself with that strong lye soap
别等我动手给你搓
before I scrubs you myself.
我要把这些裤子给煮煮
I'm gonna put these britches in the boiling pot.
整个南方军队都让虱子和地气折磨苦啦
The whole Confederate Army's got the same trouble: Crawling clothes and dysentery.
你这样对他 让他太难为情啦
It's humiliating, how you treat Mr. Kennedy.
他身上的虱子跑到你身上你就更难为情啦
You'd be a sight more humiliated if Mr. Kennedy's lice gets on you!
过来 波尔
Come on, Beau.
别缠着这位先生 你看他又累又饿
We must leave this gentleman alone because he's tired and he's hungry.
没关系 太太又能看见孩子太好啦
I don't mind, ma'am. Good to see a youngster again.
多好的小家伙
Nice little fellow.
再打两年仗
Another two years of war
我们就能把他带到科布军团啦
and we could have had him with us in Cobb's Legion.
你是科布军团的?
Were you in Cobb's Legion?
是的 太太
Yes, ma'am.
那你一定认识我丈夫卫尔克斯上校啦
Why, then, you must know my husband, Maj. Wilkes.
喔!是的 太太
Oh, yes, ma'am.
- 他好象是…被俘了 - 被俘了?
- He was captured at Spotsylvania, I think. - Captured!
谢天谢地 他还没…
Oh, thank heavens, then he isn't...
可怜的艾希礼他被送到了监狱里
Oh, my poor Ashley in a Yankee prison!
梅兰妮
Melanie.
哦 斯卡莉德 我来了
Yes, Scarlett, I'm coming. Come along, Beau.
我来看着他吧 太太
I'll watch out for him, ma'am.
我们是好朋友啦
We're good friends.
谢谢你
Oh, thank you.
我从早到晚象奴隶似的干我们才能免强吃饱肚子
I slave day and night so we can have food to keep body and soul together.
可你却把吃的都给那些饿死鬼
And you give it all away to these starving scarecrows.
他们很块都会来的
I'd sooner have a plague of locusts here.
请别责怪我了 求求你
Don't scold me, Scarlett, please.
我刚听说艾希礼当了俘虏
I've just heard that Ashley was taken prisoner.
- 当了俘虏? - 是的
- Ashley, a prisoner? - Yes.
也许 他要是还活着现在正在北方的路上
And maybe if he's alive and well, he's on some Northern road right now.
如果有那个北方妇人把她的晚饭分给他一口
And maybe some Northern woman is giving him a share of her dinner...
帮助我心爱的人回到我身边
and helping my beloved to come back home to me.
但愿如此 梅妮
I hope so, Melly.
斯卡莉小姐
Miss Scarlett.
斯卡莉小姐我有件事要跟你父亲谈
Miss Scarlett, I want to take up something with your pa, but...
可他好象是…也许我能帮你
he doesn't seem to...Perhaps I can help you.
我现在是一家之主
I'm head of the house now.
那好…
Well, I...
我…我是来向休伦小姐提亲的
Miss Scarlett, I was aiming to ask for Suellen.
你是要告诉我 这么多年你还没有提这件事
Do you mean to tell me you haven't asked for her...after all these years
她一直在等你吗?
she's been counting on you?
我实际上…我比她大得多
Well, the truth is, I'm so much older than she is, and...
而且我现在一文不值
Well, now I haven't a cent to my name.
如今谁有钱啦?
Who has nowadays?
斯卡莉小姐 请你放心 我是真诚的爱你妹妹
Miss Scarlett, if true love carries any weight with you...
我会使她非常幸福的
you can be sure your sister will be rich in that.
如果我们订了婚我可以外出去经商
I'll go out somewhere and get myself a little business if we're engaged.
等我们有了经济基础 我们就…
As soon as I get on my feet again...
好的 弗兰克可以跟爸爸答说
All right, Frank. I'm sure I can speak for Pa.
你去问休伦吧
You go ask her now.
谢谢 谢谢您斯卡莉德小姐
Oh, thank you, Miss Scarlett.
对不起…对不起
Excuse me, excuse me.
斯卡莉 肯尼迪先生好象有什么麻烦事了?
Scarlett, what seems to be the trouble with Mr. Kennedy?
比他想象的麻烦点
More trouble than he guesses.
他终于向休伦求婚了
He's finally asked for Suellen's hand.
真让人高兴 可惜他不能马上娶她
Oh, I'm so glad. It's a pity he can't marry her now.
不然我们可以少一张嘴吃饭
At least there'd be one less mouth to feed.
又来一个
Oh, another one.
但愿这个不是很饿
I hope this one isn't hungry.
他一定很饿
He'll be hungry.
让普里西再预备一盘
I'll tell Prissy to get an extra plate...
艾希礼
Ashley!
亲爱的
Darling!
艾希礼
Ashley!
斯卡莉德小姐
Miss Scarlett!
别打扰他们
Don't spoil it, Miss Scarlett.
放开我 傻瓜 那是艾希礼
Turn me loose, you fool! Turn me loose, it's Ashley!
是她的丈夫
He's her husband, ain't he?
- 斯卡莉德小姐 我… - 回来得正好
- Miss Scarlett, ma'am. - High time you got back.
- 马掌钉上了吗? - 是的 钉好了
- Did you get the horse shod? - Yes, he shod all right.
斯卡莉德小姐 您…
马有鞋 人确没有真是新鲜事
Fine thing when a horse can get shoes and humans can't.
来 搅肥皂
Here, stir this soap.
是的 小姐斯卡莉小姐
Yes, ma'am. Miss Scarlett, ma'am.
我想知道你现在还有多少钱 是金币
I gotta know how much money have you got left, in gold.
十元 怎么?
$10. Why?
那是不够的
That won't be enough.
天知道你在说什么呢?
What in heaven's name are you talking about?
斯卡莉小姐…
Well, Miss Scarlett,
我看见了杰纳尔德先生以前雇的监工
I seed that old no-count white-trash Wilkerson...
就是那个白人垃圾威克尔森啦
that used to be Mr. Gerald's overseer here.
他现在已经成了真正的北方佬了
He's a regular Yankee now,
他吹牛说他的北方朋友
and he was making a brag...
要把泰拉的税提得比天都高
that his carpetbagger friends done run the taxes way up sky-high on Tara.
我们得交多少?
But how much more have we got to pay?
我听税务官说要三百元呢!
I hear the taxman say $300.
三百元…
$300!
就象是三百万
Might just as well be $3 million.
我们也得想办法交啊
But we gotta raise it, that's all.
是啊 怎么交?
Yes, ma'am. How?
我去问问希礼先生
I'll go ask Mr. Ashley.
他可拿不出三百元来
Oh, he ain't got no $300, Miss Scarlett.
我可以去问问他
Well, I can ask him if I want to, can't I?
问他也没什么啊
Asking ain't getting.
艾希礼
Ashley!
啊 听说林肯当初也是劈木桩的
They say Abe Lincoln got his start splitting rails.
一但我有了这个才能我也会飞黄腾达
Think what heights I may climb to once I get the knack.
艾希礼 北方佬还要我们交三百元的税
The Yankees want $300 more in taxes.
我们怎么办?
What shall we do?
我们该怎么办呢?
Ashley, what's to become of us?
文明遭到破坏以后人会变成什么样子呢?
What becomes of people when their civilization breaks up?
有头脑和勇气的人可以生存下去
Those who have brains and courage come through all right.
没有的就会被淘汰
Those that haven't are winnowed out.
看在上帝的份上别站在这儿跟我胡说啦
For heaven's sake, don't stand there talking nonsense at me...
我们就是要被淘汰的人啦
when it's us who are being winnowed out.
你是对的 斯卡莉
You're right, Scarlett.
在泰拉面临危机的时候
Here I am talking tommyrot about civilization...
我还在这里跟你说这些蠢话
when your Tara's in danger.
你找我是需要我帮忙可我帮不了你
You've come to me for help, and I've no help to give you.
斯卡莉 我是个懦夫
Oh, Scarlett, I...I'm a coward.
你?艾希礼?懦夫?
You, Ashley, a coward?
你害怕什么呢?
What are you afraid of?
生活对我变得太现实啦
Oh, mostly of life becoming too real for me, I suppose.
我想我倒是不在乎劈木头
Not that I mind splitting rails...
而是在乎失去了我所爱的生活中那种美好的东西
but I do mind very much losing the beauty of that life I loved.
如果没有战争
If the war hadn't come,
我可以在十二颗橡树愉快地度过我的一生
I'd have spent my life happily buried at Twelve Oaks.
可是战争爆发了
But the war did come.
我看到儿时的朋友被炸死
I saw my boyhood friends blown to bits.
看到被我打中的人痛苦地倒下
I saw men crumple up in agony when I shot them.
现在我发现这个世界对我来说 比死还糟糕
And now I find myself in a world which for me is worse than death.
这个世界里没有我的立足之地
A world in which there's no place for me.
我无法让你理解
I can never make you understand
其实你不知道什么是害怕
because you don't know the meaning of fear.
你从来不害怕面对现实
You never mind facing realities...
你从不像我这样逃避现实
and you never want to escape from them as I do.
逃避?
Escape?
艾希礼 你错了
Oh, Ashley, you're wrong.
我也是想逃避的
I do want to escape, too.
我对这里太厌倦了
I'm so very tired of it all.
我要为吃、为钱而奋斗
I've struggled for food and for money.
为除草、锄地、摘棉花 直到干不动了为止
I've weeded and hoed and picked cotton until I can't stand it another minute.
南方是完了
I tell you, Ashley, the South is dead. It's dead.
北方佬、投机政客占据了它
The Yankees and the carpetbaggers have got it
我们什么都没有啦
and there's nothing left for us.
艾希礼 我们走吧
Oh, Ashley...let's run away.
去墨西哥…
We'd go to Mexico.
墨西哥军队需要军官我们会幸福的
They want officers in the Mexican Army. We could be so happy there.
我为你干活 为你做任何事
I'd work for you, I'd do anything for you.
你知道你不爱梅兰妮
You know you don't love Melanie.
那天你在十二颗橡树你说过你爱我
You told me you loved me that day at Twelve Oaks.
而且梅兰妮…
And anyway, Melanie can't...
米格大夫告诉我她不能再生育了
Dr. Meade told me she couldn't have any more children
可我能给你…
and I could give you...
我们能忘掉
Can't we ever forget
在十二颗橡树那天吗?你以为我能忘吗?你能忘吗?
that day at Twelve Oaks? Do you think I could ever forget it? Have you forgotten it?
说真的 你不爱我吗?
Can you honestly say you don't love me?
- 不 我不爱你 - 撒谎 就算是撒谎
- No. I don't love you. - It's a lie! Even if it is,
你认为我能撇下梅兰妮和孩子 伤梅兰妮的心吗?
do you think I'd leave Melanie and the baby, break Melanie's heart?
你也不能离开你的父亲和妹妹
You couldn't leave your father and the girls.
我能离开我都烦死啦 厌倦透啦
I could leave them. I'm sick of them. I'm tired of them.
是的 你是又烦 又厌倦所以你才这么说
Yes, you're sick and tired. That's why you're talking this way.
你为我们负担得太重了
You've carried the load for all of us...
从现在起我要尽力的帮助你
but from now on I'm going to be more help to you, I promise.
只有一个办法你能帮我 带我走
There's only one way you can help me. Take me away.
这没什么可留恋的
There's nothing to keep us here.
没有?
Nothing.
没有 除了尊严
Nothing except honor.
别这样 别这样斯卡莉
Oh, please, Scarlett.
别哭了 别哭了 我勇敢的斯卡莉 别哭了
Please, dear, you mustn't cry. You mustn't. Please, my brave dear, you mustn't.
你是爱我的…你是爱我的…
You do love me, you do love me.
- 你说呀! - 不 不
- Say it, say it. - Don't, don't.
你爱我 你爱我
You love me, you love me.
我们不能 这事不会再发生了
We won't do this, I tell you. It won't happen again.
我要带着梅兰妮和孩子走
I'm going to take Melanie and the baby, and go.
- 说你爱我 - 好 我说
- Say it, you love me. - All right, I'll say it.
我爱你的勇敢和顽强
I love your courage and your stubbornness.
因此我刚才…我几乎忘记了我最贤淑的妻子
So much that I could have forgotten the best wife a man ever had.
斯卡莉 我不会忘记她们
But, Scarlett, I'm not going to forget her.
那…我就什么都没有了
Then there's nothing left for me.
没为他奋斗
Nothing to fight for.
为他生存了
Nothing to live for.
有一样东西…
Yes, there is something.
有一样东西你爱他胜过于我
Something you love better than me...
虽然你还没有意识到
though you may not know it.
泰拉
Tara!
对 我…
Yes, I...
我还有这个
I still have this.
你们不用走
You needn't go.
我不会让你们去挨饿
I won't have you all starve simply because I threw myself at your head.
这事不会再发生了 只是为了你 卫克斯
It won't happen again. Why, it's Emmy Slattery.
啊 是斯卡莉
Yes, ma'am, it's me.
不要过来!
Stop!
没忘你们的老监工吧?
You haven't forgotten your old overseer, have you?
她现在是爱丽·威克尔森太太了
Well, Emmy's Mrs. Wilkerson now.
别走上台阶!不要脸的!从这儿滚出去
Get off those steps, you *** ***! Get off this land!
你不能这样对我太太说话
You can't speak that way to my wife.
太太?她早该是的
Wife! High time you made her your wife.
你害死我母亲之后你再生孩子 谁给他做洗礼?
Who baptized your other brats after you killed my mother?
我们是来拜访的
We came out here to pay a friendly call
还要跟老朋友谈点事
and talk a little business with old friends.
朋友?什么时候跟你做过朋友?
Friends! When were we ever friends with the likes of you?
还那么高傲?是吗?
Still high and mighty, ain't you?
你们的事 我全知道
Well, I know all about you.
我知道你父亲已经痴呆了 你交不起税
I know your father's turned idiot. You can't pay your taxes.
我来这儿是想买下这地方
And I come here to offer to buy the place from you...
我能出个好价钱
to make you a right good offer.
爱丽很想住在这儿
Emmy's had a hankering to live here.
滚开 你这个卑鄙的北方佬!
Get off this place, you dirty Yankee.
等你这爱尔兰人为了交税去卖他
You high-flying Irish will find out who's running things around here...
就知道谁是这里的主人啦!
when you get sold out for taxes.
我要买这块地方全部买下 住在这儿
I'll buy this place lock, stock and barrel and I'll live in it.
我等着拍卖呢
But I'll wait for the Sheriff's sale.
你从泰拉只会得到这个
That's all of Tara you'll ever get!
你会后悔的
You'll be sorry for that.
我们会回来的
We'll be back!
我要你看看谁是泰拉的主人
I'll show you who the owner of Tara is.
爸爸 回来!
Pa, come back! Pa, come back!
爸爸…
Pa!
胆小的北方佬
Yankee coward!
啊…
Pa!
斯卡莉小姐这是杰纳尔德先生的表啊
Lordsy, Miss Scarlett. That's Mr. Gerald's watch.
你拿着吧 给你了 爸爸愿意给你
You take it. It's for you. Pa'd want you to have it.
你现在可得留着这块表
You ain't got no business parting from this watch now, Miss Scarlett.
你需要卖掉所有值钱的东西 去交税
You needs all your valuables to sell for that tax money.
你会卖爸爸表吗?
You think I'd sell Pa's watch?
别哭啦 我不能看你流泪
And don't cry. I can stand everybody's tears but yours.
妈咪 妈咪
Oh, Mammy, Mammy.
你一直很勇敢 斯卡莉小姐你还要鼓起勇气来
You been brave so long, Miss Scarlett, you just gotta go on being brave.
想想你爸爸以前的样子
Think about your pa like he used to be.
我不能想爸爸我什么也不能想
I can't think about Pa.
只能想那三百块钱
I can't think of anything but that $300.
想这些有什么用 谁也没有这么多的钱
Ain't no good thinking about that, Miss Scarlett. Ain't nobody got that much money.
除了北方佬和暴发户谁也没有这么多的钱
Nobody but Yankees and scalawags got that much money now.
瑞德!谁?北方佬吗?
Rhett! Who that? A Yankee?
妈咪 你看我又瘦又苍白
Oh, Mammy, I'm so thin and pale and...
我还没有衣服
I haven't any clothes.
妈咪 快到搁楼上把妈妈装衣服样子的盒子拿下来
Scoot up to the attic and get down Ma's old box of dress patterns.
你要这窗帘干什么?
What you up to with Miss Ellen's portiere?
给我做件新衣服
You'll make me a new dress.
不能用爱伦小姐的窗帘只要就不…
Not with Miss Ellen's portieres. Not while I got breath in me.
别啰唆 现在是我的窗帘
Great balls of fire! They're my portieres now.
我要到亚特南大弄三百元去
I'm going to Atlanta for that $300
我要看起来象个女王
and I've got to go looking like a queen.
- 谁跟你去亚特南大? - 我自己去
- Who going to Atlanta with you? - I'm going alone.
那是你这么想的 我跟你去 我一定跟着你
That's what you think. I's going to Atlanta with you.
- 哦 好妈咪 - 你别这么哄我 小姐
- Now, Mammy, darling. - No use to try to sweet-talk me, Miss Scarlett.
我给你垫第一块尿布的时候就了解你
I's knowed you since I put the first pair of diapers on you.
我说跟着你 就一定去
I said I's going to Atlanta with you, and going I is.
三个老K 嗯 我可糟了 上校
Kings and treys, huh? Too good for me, Major!
可惜我们不能用扑克来决定战争的胜负
Pity we couldn't have fought the war out in a poker game.
立葛南特将军出的力少 可赢得多
You'd have done better than Gen. Grant with far less effort.
什么事 下士?
What is it, Corporal?
长官 有一位女士要见巴特勒船长
Sir, there's a lady to see Capt. Butler.
说是他妹妹?
Says she's his sister.
又一个妹妹
Another sister?
这是监狱 不是后宫 巴特勒船长
This is a jail, not a harem, Capt. Butler.
少校 她不象那些人 她有个保姆跟着
No, Major, she ain't one of those. This one's got her mammy with her.
是吗?
She has?
我倒想见见她 少校
I'd like to see this one, Major,
可别带保姆
without her mammy.
嗯 我看看这一下午输了多少?
Let's see, my losses for the afternoon come to what?
三百四十块
$340.
我可要债台高筑了是不是 少校
My debts do mount up, don't they, Major?
好吧 下士 把巴特勒船长的妹妹带到他的牢房
All right, Corporal. Show Capt. Butler's sister to his cell.
谢谢你 少校
Thank you, Major.
对不起 先生们
Excuse me, gentlemen.
对输了钱还高兴的人不好太严历啦
It's hard to be strict with a man who loses money so pleasantly.
瑞德
Rhett!
斯卡莉 我的小妹妹
Scarlett! My dear little sister.
好了 下士
It's all right, Corporal.
我的妹妹没有带挫或锯进来
My sister has brought me no files or saws.
现在我可以吻你了吗?
Can I really kiss you now?
像大哥哥那样吻一下前额吧
On the forehead like a good brother.
不 谢谢 我要等将来好好的吻你
No, thanks. I'll wait and hope for better things.
喔 瑞德 听说你被关进监狱我真的难过死了
Oh, Rhett, I was so distressed when I heard you were in jail.
我睡不着 一直在想他们会绞死你吗?
I simply couldn't sleep for thinking. It's not true they're going to hang you?
你会难过?
Would you be sorry?
- 瑞德 - 哦 别担心 斯卡莉
- Oh, Rhett! - Well, don't worry yet.
北方佬给我捏造了一些罪名 其实是为了我的钱
They have plotted some charge against me...but they're really after my money.
好象我把联邦的金库拐走了似的
They think I made off with the Confederate Treasury.
喔 你是这样吗?
Well, did you?
别见面就谈这个了
What a leading question.
我们别谈肮脏的钱的事了
But let's not talk about sordid things like money.
你来看我真是太好了
How good of you to come and see me.
呵 你真是太漂亮了
And how pretty you look.
瑞德 别拿我这样的乡下姑娘取笑了
Oh, Rhett, how you do run on, teasing a country girl like me.
感谢上帝 你没有穿得破破乱乱
Thank heavens you're not in rags.
我真是看够了
I'm tired of seeing women in rags.
转过身去
Turn around.
真是太漂亮了你吃得不错 生活的很好
You look good enough to eat. And prosperous, too.
谢谢 我一直很好
Thank you, I've been doing very well.
泰拉的每个人都很好 只是我太闷了
Everybody's doing well at Tara, only...I got so bored.
想到城里来看看
I just thought I'd treat myself to a visit to town.
你是一个没有心肝的人 这也是你的魅力
You're a heartless creature. But that's part of your charm.
他已经超过法律的允许了
You know you've got more charm than the law allows.
我到这儿来不是谈论我的
Now I didn't come here to talk silliness about me, Rhett.
因为我听说你遇到麻烦了非常的难过
I came because I was so miserable at the thought of you in trouble.
那天晚上你把我扔在路上我气坏啦
I was mad at you the night you left me on the road to Tara...
我还没原谅你呢
and I still haven't forgiven you.
喔 别那件事啦
Oh, Scarlett, don't say that.
可要是没有你 我可能已经死啦
Well, I must admit I might not be alive now, only for you.
当我想到自己…
And when I think of myself...
想到自己有了我所希望的一切
with everything I could possibly hope for...
过着无忧无虑的生活
and not a care in the world,
而你却在这可怕的牢房里
and you here in this horrid jail...
简直不是人呆的地方 是关马的…
and not even a human jail, Rhett, a horse jail.
我想说点笑话
Oh, listen to me trying to make jokes when...
可我真要哭了
when I really want to cry.
我现在就要哭了
In a minute I shall cry.
斯卡莉德 这可能吗?
Scarlett, can it be possible that...
你说可能什么?瑞德
Can what be possible, Rhett?
你以经有了一颗女人的心啦真正女人的心
That you've grown a woman's heart, a real woman's heart?
我有 瑞德
I have, Rhett.
我知道我有
I know I have.
你知道 听说你这话坐牢也值得
You know, it's worth being in jail just to hear you say that.
真是太值得了
It's well worth it.
你简直能把月亮给说下来
You can drop the moonlight and magnolias, Scarlett.
泰拉那个地方一切都好 是吗?
So things have been going well at Tara, have they?
哦 是的你用这双手干什么了?
What have you done with your hands?
不过是上次骑马的时候没戴手套
I went riding last week without my gloves.
这不是小姐的手 象是庄稼人干活的手
These don't belong to a lady. You've worked with them like a field hand.
你为什么要撒谎?你为什么要来?
Why did you lie? What are you up to?
哦 瑞德…我差点相信你真的关心我了
In another minute, I'd almost believe you cared something.
可我是关心
But I do care.
还是说实话吧
Suppose we get down to the truth.
你急于找我要什么东西
You want something from me badly enough...
所以穿上天鹅绒的衣服来表演
to put on quite a show in your velvets.
是什么?钱?
What is it? Money?
我需要三百块钱交泰拉的税
I want $300 to pay the taxes on Tara.
喔 瑞德 我对说一切都好那是说谎
I did lie to you when I said everything was all right.
情况是糟得不能再糟了
Things are just as bad as they possibly could be.
而你有的是钱
And you've got millions, Rhett.
你拿什么作抵压?
What collateral are you offering?
- 我的耳环 - 不感兴趣
- My earbobs. - Not interested.
- 用泰拉 - 我要农场做什么?
- A mortgage on Tara. - What would I do with a farm?
你不会损失的 我明年用棉花还给你
You wouldn't lose. I'd pay you back out of next year's cotton.
不够好还有更好的吗?
Not good enough. Have you nothing better?
你说过你爱我
You once said you loved me.
如果你还爱我…
If you still love me, Rhett...
你是不是忘了我是个不结婚的人
You haven't forgotten that I'm not a marrying man?
没有 我没有忘记
No, I haven't forgotten.
你不值三百块钱
You're not worth $300.
你对男人来说只意味着倒霉
You'll never mean anything but misery to any man.
说啊 侮辱我吧!我不在乎 只要给我钱
Go on, insult me. I don't care what you say, only give me the money.
我不能失去泰拉只要还有一口气 就不能失去它
I won't let Tara go. I can't let it go while there's a breath left in my body.
瑞德 请你把钱借该我吧
Oh, Rhett. Won't you please give me the money?
我想借你 也没办法给你
I couldn't give you the money if I wanted to.
我的钱在利物浦 不在亚特南大
My funds are in Liverpool, not in Atlanta.
如果我签一张支票 北方佬会象鸭子见到小虫似的
If I tried drawing a draft, the Yankees'd be on me like a duck on a June bug.
所以 亲爱的 你白低声下气了
So you see, my dear, you've abased yourself to no purpose.
好啦 好啦 别这样啦
Here, here, here, stop it!
你想让北方佬见你这个样子吗?
Want the Yankees to see you like this?
把手拿开 你这个流氓
Take your hands off me, you skunk.
我还没说你就知道我要说什么
You knew what I was going to say before I started.
你明知道不会借钱给我
You knew you wouldn't lend me the money
可还让我说下去
and yet you let me go on.
我就是想要听听你说什么
I enjoyed hearing what you had to say.
别灰心 来看着我上绞架
Cheer up. You can come to my hanging
我的遗嘱里会有你一份
and I'll remember you in my will.
我会来看的
I'll come to your hanging.
唯一担心的就是泰拉要交税的时候还没绞死你
The only thing I'm afraid of...is that they won't hang you in time to pay the taxes on Tara.
告诉他是贝尔·沃特琳
Tell him Belle Watling.
最近你去那儿了?是不是把船长给忘了?
Where you been lately? Thought you'd deserted Capt. Butler.
我很忙 扶我下来
Oh, I keep myself occupied. Help me out.
她是谁?
Who that?
我从来没有见过这种颜色的头发
I ain't never seen hair that color before in my life.
你认识这个人吗?
Does you know a dyed-haired woman?
我倒希望认识她
I wish I did know that one.
她能借给我钱
She'd get my money for me.
不管他们在监狱里对你怎么样
No matter what they done to you in that jail...
你到监狱里去看那个臭白人
they didn't do no more than you deserve...
真是活该
for visiting white trash in a jail!
又新鲜有绿
Fresh and green.
今天晚上你干什么 朱蒂?
Hey, what are you doing tonight, Susy?
立刻离开农场
Right off the farm.
一个左治亚的美人儿
That's one of them Georgia peaches.
在俄亥俄可没有这样的
There's nothing like that in Ohio.
- 你们知道我们要干什么吗? - 什么?
- You know what we're going to do? - What?
我们要给你们每个人四十一亩地和一头驴子
We're going to give every last one of you 40 acres and a mule!
- 还有一头驴子? - 四十一亩地和一头驴子
- And a mule? - Forty acres and a mule!
因为我们是你们的朋友
'Cause we're your friends...
你们都要选举权了
and you're gonna become voters...
你忙什么呢 妹妹?
What's your hurry, sister?
这个城市变样了
What's come over this here town?
北方佬占领了它
Yankees have come over it!
他们占据了我们的一切
Same as they've come over all of us.
别挡着道 别挡着道
Out of our way, trash!
讨厌 让开 让开别挡着道 别挡着
Get out of the way here. Get away! Go on!
这不是斯卡莉小姐吗?
Surely it can't be Miss Scarlett!
弗南克·肯尼迪
Why Frank Kennedy!
还有妈咪 在这儿见到家乡人真是太好啦
And Mammy! It sure is good to see home folks.
我不知道你们在亚特南大 我也不知道你在这儿
I didn't know you were in Atlanta. I didn't know you were.
休伦跟你说过我的店吗?
Didn't Miss Suellen tell you about my store?
她说过吗?我不记得了 你有个店?
Did she? I don't remember. Have you a store?
这个?
请进来 随便看看
Won't you come in, and look around a bit?
这不象太太们去的那种店
I don't suppose it looks like much to a lady, but...
可我为它感到骄傲
...l can't help being proud of it.
你没赚什么钱?
You're not making money?
啊…还算可以我是很有信心的
Well, I can't complain. In fact, I'm mighty encouraged.
人们都说我是个天生的商人
Folks tell me I'm just a born merchant.
用不了多久 就可以和休伦小姐结婚啦
It won't be long now before Miss Suellen and I can marry.
你干得那么好?
Are you doing as well as all that?
是的 干得不错 我还不是百万富翁
Yes, I am, Miss Scarlett. I'm no millionaire yet...
但我已经赚了一千多元了
...but I've cleared $1,000 already.
你经营木材?
And lumber too.
是啊 这只是附带经营的
Well...that's only a sideline.
附带经营?
A sideline, Frank?
亚特南大周围有很多的松木
With all the good Georgia pine around Atlanta
很多房屋正在修建
and all this building going on?
这都需要钱斯卡莉小姐
Well, all that takes money, Miss Scarlett...
我该准备买房子啦
...and I've got to be thinking about buying a home.
你买房子干什么?
What do you want a home for?
和休伦小姐建立一个家庭
For Miss Suellen and me to set up housekeeping.
在亚特南大 你要把她接到亚特南大 是吗?
Here in Atlanta. You'd want to bring her to Atlanta, wouldn't you?
这样对泰拉没什么好处
There wouldn't be much help in that for Tara.
嗯…我不明白你的意思?斯卡莉小姐
I don't rightly know what you mean, Miss Scarlett.
我没什么意思
I don't mean a thing.
弗南克 你愿意送我去碧蒂姑妈家吗?
Frank, how'd you like to drive me out to my Aunt Pitty's?
我非常愿意 斯卡莉小姐
Nothing would give me more pleasure, Miss Scarlett.
你最好留下来吃晚饭
You'd better stay to supper, too.
碧蒂姑妈肯定会同意的我愿意跟你多呆一会
I'm sure Aunt Pitty'd be agreeable and I'd like a good long visit with you.
这太让我兴奋了斯卡莉小姐
Oh, you act on me just like a tonic, Miss Scarlett.
你能告诉我所有的消息吗?关于休伦小姐的一切
And will you tell me all the news...all the news of Miss Suellen?
怎么了 斯卡莉小姐?
What's the matter, Miss Scarlett?
休伦小姐没生病吧?
Miss Suellen's not ill, is she?
喔 不 不
Oh, no, no.
我想她一定给你写信了
I thought surely she had written you.
她大概没脸给你写信 她该感到羞愧
I guess she was ashamed to write you. She should be ashamed.
哦…我怎么会这么一个妹妹
Oh, how awful to have such a mean sister.
快告诉我 斯卡莉小姐
You must tell me, Miss Scarlett.
别让我心神不安啦 快点
Don't leave me on tenterhooks.
喔…下个月她要和一个农村小伙子结婚了
Well, she's going to marry one of the county boys next month.
她等得不耐烦了 她怕成为老处女
She just got tired of waiting and was afraid she'd be an old maid and....
我很难过 这事由我来告诉你
Oh, I'm sorry to be the one to tell you.
真冷啊!我把手笼忘在家啦
Oh, it's colder. I left my *** at home.
你不介意我把手放在你的口袋里吧?
Would you mind if I put my hand in your pocket?
斯卡莉·肯尼迪
三百元 亚特南大国家银行
喔…梅兰妮 你不知道她干了什么事
But, Melanie, you don't realize what she's done.
她跟我的肯尼迪先生结婚啦 他是我的未婚夫
She's gone and married my Mr. Kennedy. He's my beau, and she's gone and married him.
- 她是为了保住泰拉 你应该理解她 - 我要宰了她
- She did it to save Tara, you must understand that. - I hate Tara!
我恨泰拉 我恨斯卡莉比对泰拉还恨
And I hate Scarlett! She's the only thing I hate worse than Tara.
都是我的错
It's all my fault.
为跟你弄钱交税我应该去拦路抢劫
I should have committed highway robbery to get that tax money for you.
我不能让你干这种事
I couldn't let you do anything like that, and....
反正木以成舟了
Well, anyway, it's done now.
是啊 是这样
Yes, it's done now.
你不让我干不体面的事情
You wouldn't let me do anything dishonorable...
可你出卖了自己 嫁给你不爱的人
...but you'd sell yourself in marriage to a man you didn't love.
你不用再为我这无能的人操心了
Well, at least you won't have to worry about my helplessness anymore.
你什么意思?
What do you mean?
我要去纽约
I'm going to New York.
我已经在银行里找到了一个职位
I've arranged to get a position in a bank there.
可你不能去
But you can't do that.
我…我还指望你帮我做木材生意呢 艾希礼
I counted on you to help me start a lumber business, Ashley...
我…我就指望你了
...and, well, I counted on you.
斯卡莉 我木材生意是一窍不通的
I wouldn't be any good to you. I don't know anything about the lumber business.
这跟你在银行也是一样的
You know as much as you do about banking.
而且我要把生意都给你一半
And I'd give you half the business, Ashley.
这是你的慷慨 斯卡莉 可是不能这样
That's generous of you, Scarlett. But it isn't that.
如果我到亚特南大还要靠你的帮助
If I go to Atlanta and take help from you again...
我就永远没有独立生活的希望啦
...l'd bury forever any hope of standing alone.
好啊 就为这个…
Oh, is that all?
你可以逐步买下这个店
Well, you could gradually buy the business
然后它就是你的了
and then it would be your own,
不 斯卡莉德
and....No, Scarlett.
欧…艾希礼…
Ashley....
艾希礼…
Ashley.
斯卡莉…斯卡莉 怎么了?
Scarlett! Scarlett, what is it?
艾希礼这么冷酷 这么可恨
Ashley's so mean and hateful.
你干什么啦?
What have you done?
她要…我们去亚特南大
She wanted me to go to Atlanta.
我的木材生意要开业了
To help me start my lumber business,
他连一根手指头都不肯帮我
and he won't lift a finger to help me, and he....
你太没有骑士风度了 想想吧 艾希礼 想想吧
Why, how unchivalrous of you. Why, think, Ashley, think.
如果不是斯卡莉
If it hadn't been for Scarlett,
我就死在亚特南大了
I'd have died in Atlanta.
而且…而且可能连小波尔都没有啦
And maybe we wouldn't have had little Beau, and...
每当我想到她耕地、摘棉花
...and when I think of her picking cotton
都为了养活我们…而我只能…
and plowing just to keep food...in our mouths, I could just...
喔 亲爱的
Oh, my darling.
好啦 梅兰妮
All right, Melanie.
我去亚特南大
I'll go to Atlanta.
我斗不过你们俩个
I can't fight you both.
快点走
啊 这都是新来的工人 肯尼迪太太
Well, here's your new mill hands, Mrs. Kennedy.
是从左治亚洲监狱里挑来的最好的
The pick of all the best jails in Georgia.
他们看起来又瘦又弱的样子
They look pretty thin and weak to me, Gallegher.
立定!
Halt!
这是能雇来的最好的犯人啦
They're the best you can lease, ma'am.
如让你放手让我管你要什么 就能干什么
And if you'll just give Johnny Gallegher a free hand......you'll get what you want out of them.
好吧 你是工头
All right, you're the foreman.
我的要求就是要保证木材厂运转
All I ask is, you keep the mill running
即时供应木材
and deliver my lumber when I want it.
亚利格听您吩咐 太太
Johnny Gallegher's your man, Miss.
要记住 不要过问和干予我的事
But remember...no questions and no interference.
就这么定了 明天一早开工
That's a bargain. Start them in the morning, Gallegher.
好了 你们走吧 走啊 到那边去
Come on, get a move on! Come on, move on there!
斯卡莉 这不对 你是知道的
But, Scarlett, this isn't right and you know it.
女人做生意已经很不象样了
It's bad enough for a woman to be in business,
而你…你抱怨什么?
but...What are you complaining about?
如果我不管你永远不会有木材厂的
You wouldn't have owned a mill had I not taken over.
可我并不想要这个木材厂啊
I didn't want the mill,
如果你不是逼我的朋友还欠我的债
...if you hadn't pressed all of our friends for the money they owed me.
我是不会买它的
and we couldn't have bought it...
你说对吗 艾希礼?
Isn't that right, Ashley?
你在经营慈善机构吗?
What are you running, a charitable institution?
回店里去吧 弗南克然回家吃药…
Go back to the store, then go home and take your medicine.
你的气色不大好
You're not looking very well.
- 可是宝贝 你和我一起回家好 - 别啰唆了 别再打扰我
- But, sugar, shouldn't you come home with me? - Great balls of fire. Don't bother me anymore,
也别叫我宝贝
and don't call me sugar!
好吧!好吧!
All right, all right.
晚安 艾希礼
Good night, Ashley.
哦 天啦 我从没见过脾气这么大的女人
She can get mad quicker than any woman I ever saw.
斯卡莉 我不想干予…
Scarlett, I don't like to interfere, but...
不过我希望能让我雇用自由黑人
...l do wish you'd let me hire free darkies
来代替那些犯人
instead of using convicts.
这样将会更好
I believe we could do better.
黑人的工钱会让我们破产 犯人便宜
Darkies! Why, their pay would break us, and convicts are dirt cheap.
我们尽管放手让嘎厉特去做
If we just give Gallegher a free hand.
放手!你知道这是什么吗!
A free hand! You know what that means.
他会饿着他们、鞭打他们
He'll starve them and whip them.
有的人病了、吃不饱饭 艾希礼…
Some of them are sick, underfed...Oh, Ashley,
你会怎么管理 如果让你管 你会一天三顿给他们吃鸡…
how you do run on. Left alone, you'd be giving them chicken three times a day and...
让他们盖羽绒被
...tucking them to sleep with eiderdown quilts.
我不愿意从那些强迫劳动的可怜的人身上赚钱
Scarlett, I will not make money out of the enforced labor and misery of others.
你不是也有过奴隶吗?
You weren't so particular about owning slaves.
那不一样 不是这样对待他们
That was different. We didn't treat them that way.
即使没有战争 我也会在父亲去世后让他们自由的
Besides, I'd have freed them all when father died...if the war hadn't already freed them.
很遗憾 艾希礼
Oh, I'm sorry, Ashley.
你忘了没有钱是什么样了?
But have you forgotten what it's like without money?
我发现钱是世界上最重要的东西
I found out that money is the most important thing in the world...
我再也不愿意受穷了
...and I don't intend ever to be without it again.
我要赚多多的钱 这样北佬就不能从我手里把泰拉夺走啦
I'll make enough so the Yankees can never take Tara away from me.
并不是我们几个南方人在受苦
But we're not the only Southerners who have suffered.
看看我们的朋友
Look at all our friends.
他们还保持着尊严和善良
They're keeping their honor and their kindness, too.
对 可他们在挨饿
And they're starving.
连自己都养活不了有什么用
I've got no use for fools who won't help themselves.
我知道他们在说 我可我不在乎
I know what they're saying about me, and I don't care.
我就是要跟北方人打交道
I'll make friends with the Yankee carpetbaggers.
按他们的方式战胜他们 并且你和我一起战胜他们
And I'll beat them at their own game, and you'll beat them with me.
好了 再往那边挪一点
That's it. Move it a little over to that side.
下午好 肯尼迪太太
Afternoon, Mrs. Kennedy.
下午好
Good afternoon.
- 生意很兴隆 是不是? - 挺不错的
- Business is certainly growing, ain't it? - It certainly is.
斯卡莉 你跟把些抢劫和折磨过我们
But you're doing business with the same people who robbed us...
而且还让我们饥饿的北方佬做生意
...and tortured us and left us to starve.
这都过去了
All that's past, Melly.
我要赚钱 那怕跟北方佬共事
And I intend to make the best of things, even if they are Yankee things.
梅姿格灵之太太 你知道吗?
And do you know, Dolly Merriwether, that Dr. Meade actually saw her...
米格大夫看见她亲自把木材卖给了北方佬
...peddling lumber to those Yankees, herself.
还不只这些呢
And that isn't all....
她对我哥哥艾希礼所干的事真让人吃惊
I think it's shocking what she's doing to my brother, Ashley.
她甚至还自己找马车呢
She's even taken to driving her own buggy.
亲爱的肯尼迪太太 最亲爱的肯尼迪太太
My dear Mrs. Kennedy. My very dear Mrs. Kennedy.
你居然还有脸来见我
I don't see how you have the gall to face me.
我想你要得到我的钱…
When I think you could have had my millions...
…只要再多等一下
...if you'd just waited a little while.
女人真是善变
Oh, how fickle is woman!
你要干什么?我还有要紧事呢
What is it you want? I have important things to do.
你能不能满足一下我的好奇心
Would you satisfy my curiosity on a point
我一直感到非常困惑
which has bothered me for some time?
是什么?说
Well, what is it? Be quick.
告诉我 你难道不在乎和一个你不爱的人结婚?
Tell me, Scarlett, do you never shrink from marrying men you don't love?
你怎么从监狱里出来的?为什么没绞死你?
How did you ever get out of jail? Why didn't they hang you?
噢 没那么多麻烦 没有用钱买不到的东西
Oh, that! Not much trouble. There's nothing much that money won't buy.
我看连那位高贵的卫尔克斯先生也让你买下来了
I observe it's even bought you the honorable Mr. Wilkes.
这么说 你还恨艾希礼?
So you still hate Ashley Wilkes.
我想你是嫉妒他吧
Do you know, I believe you're jealous of him.
你还以为你是这里的美人是吗?
You still think you're the belle of the county, don't you?
还以为是一位娇滴滴的小姐
That you're the cutest little trick in shoe leather.
每个男人见到你都会爱得要死
And that every man you meet is dying of love for you.
让我过去
Let me by!
别生气 斯卡莉你要去哪儿?
Don't be angry, Scarlett. Tell me, where are you going?
我去木材厂与你有什么关系
To the mill, if it's any of your business.
一个人经过棚户区
Through shantytown, alone?
你不知道一个人赶车遇上那些流氓会有多危险
Haven't you been told it's dangerous to drive alone through all that riffraff?
别为我操心
Don't worry about me.
需要开枪的时候我会开枪的
I can shoot straight if I don't have to shoot too far.
这种女人
What a woman!
给我二十五分
Could ya gimme a quarter?
放开我的马
Let go of my horse!
拉住这马!拉住它
Hold this horse!
注意 她有枪!
救命!…
Help!
救命啊!
Help!
救命啊!
Help!
斯卡莉德小姐
Miss Scarlett!
斯卡莉德小姐 等等我 斯卡莉德小姐!
Miss Scarlett, wait! Miss Scarlett!
我是大山姆
Miss Scarlett! It's Big Sam!
大山姆
Big Sam!
等等我
Miss Scarlett! Wait!
山姆…山姆…
Sam! Sam!
你受伤了 斯卡莉小姐?
Is you hurt, Miss Scarlett? Did they hurt you?
别哭了 斯卡莉德小姐
Don't you cry, Miss Scarlett.
大山姆马上送你离开这儿
Big Sam'll get you out of this in a jiffy.
驾!快跑
Horse, make tracks!
你到泰拉去 越快越好就待在那儿
You get to Tara just as quick as you can, and stay there.
喔 太好了我看够了那些投机政客了
I sure will. I's got enough of them carpetbaggers.
谢谢你 弗南克先生
Thank you, Mr. Frank.
再见 斯卡莉德小姐
Goodbye, Miss Scarlett.
再见 山姆 谢谢你
Goodbye, Sam, and thank you.
斯卡莉 换件衣服晚上到美利德家去
Scarlett, change your dress and go over to Miss Melly's for the evening.
我去参加一个政治集会
I've got to go to a political meeting.
政治集会!你还要参加政治集会…
A political meeting! How can you go to a political meeting...
…我今天下午出了事
...after what I've been through this afternoon?
哦 宝贝你受了惊吓了
Oh, sugar! You're more scared than hurt.
没有人关心我
Nobody cares about me.
你们就像没事一样
You all act as though it was nothing at all.
男人们总是说要保护我们妇女
The men talk, talk, talk about protecting our women...
可今天我出了这么大事
...and after what happened to me today.
弗南克倒去参加政集会了
Frank has to go to a political meeting.
如果你不难过 英蒂雅
And if it won't pain you too much, lndia Wilkes...
请告诉我你为什么总是这么看着我?
...l'd be much obliged if you'll tell me why you're staring at me.
难道 我的脸是绿色的吗?
Has my face gone green or something?
我并不难过 今天下午发生的事是你自找的
It won't pain me! What happened this afternoon was just what you deserved!
如果还有公理的话你应该更倒霉
And if there was any justice, you'd have gotten worse.
- 英蒂雅 别说了 - 喔 让她说 梅兰妮
- India, hush up! - Let her talk, Melanie.
她就一直恨我 自从我把你弟弟查尔斯从她那儿夺走后…
She's always hated me! Ever since I took your brother away from her...
…尽管她太过于伪善而不承认这些!
...though she's too much of a hypocrite to admit it!
如果有人追她 她会脱光衣服在街上走的
If she thought anyone'd go for her...she'd walk down the street naked!
我就是恨你
I do hate you!
你的所作所为败坏了我们正经人的名誉
You've done all you could to lower the prestige of decent people.
现在又让男人们去冒生命危险 因为他们的…英蒂雅!
Now you've endangered the lives of our men, because they...India!
我想最好都别说了谁也别再多说了
I don't think we'd better say any more, or one of us will be saying too much.
出什么事啦我怎么什么都不知道?
What's going on around here that I don't know about?
嘘…有人走过来了
Somebody's comin' up the walk.
不知道是谁
Somebody that ain't Mr. Ashley.
请把手枪给我 米格太太
Will you hand me the pistol, please, Mrs. Meade?
不论是谁
Whoever it is...
问你们说什么都不知道
...we know nothing.
他们到哪儿去了?
Where have they gone?
快告诉我 是生死悠关的事
You've got to tell me, Mrs. Wilkes. It's life or death!
什么都不要告诉他他是北方的奸细
Don't tell him anything. He's a Yankee spy.
快一点 或许还来得及
Quickly, please! There may still be time.
你怎么知道?
How did you know?
我跟两个北方商人玩牌
I've been playing poker with two Yankee captains.
他们知道了晚上要闹事 已经做好了准备
They knew there'd be trouble tonight. They've sent their cavalry out to be ready for it.
你丈夫和他们的朋友要落入圈套了
Your husband and his friends are walking into a trap.
别告诉他 他在套你的话
Don't tell him! He's trying to trap you!
在得卡德罗夫街
Out the Decatur Road. The old Sullivan plantation.
老苏利文种植园在被烧的房子的地窖里聚会
The house is burned. They're meeting in the cellar.
我尽力而为
I'll do what I can.
怎么回事?
What's all this about?
你们都不告诉我我要疯啦
lf you don't tell me, I'll go crazy!
斯卡莉 我们本来不想告诉你
We thought it best not to tell you, Scarlett.
艾希礼、弗南克 还有一些别人去清除那片树林了…
But Ashley and Frank and the others have gone to clean out those woods...
…就是你出事的地方
...where you were attacked.
这就是我们南方男人保护我们所做的事
It's what a great many of our Southern gentlemen have had...to do lately for our protection.
如果他们被捕 都要被绞死
And if they're captured, they'll be hanged, Scarlett!
斯卡莉 这都是你惹的祸
And it will be your fault!
英蒂雅 你再说一句就请你出去
Another word, and you go out of this house, lndia!
郝斯卡莉做的是她应该做的
Scarlett did what she thought she had to do.
男人们也是在尽他们的职责
And our men are doing what they think they have to do.
弗南!克艾希礼!
Frank! And Ashley!
这不可能
Oh, it isn't possible!
马队 梅妮小姐
There's horses, Miss Melly.
他们来了
Here they come.
你们做活 别停下来
You're sewing, you're sewing.
妈咪 开门吧
Open the door, Mammy.
晚上好 肯尼迪太太
Good evening, Mrs. Kennedy.
哪位是卫尔克斯太太?
Which of you ladies is Mrs. Wilkes?
我是卫尔克斯太太
I am Mrs. Wilkes.
我要跟卫尔克斯先生谈谈可以吗?
I should like to speak to Mr. Wilkes, if you please.
他不在
He's not here.
真的吗?
Are you sure?
梅妮小姐不会撒谎
Don't you doubt Miss Melly's word.
我不是不尊重您 卫尔克斯太太
I meant no disrespect, Mrs. Wilkes.
如果你能保证 我就不搜查了
If you'll give me your word, I won't search the house.
要搜就搜吧 他有一个政治集会在肯尼迪先生的店里
Search if you like, but Mr. Wilkes is at a political meeting at Mr. Kennedy's store.
他没在那儿 今天晚上没有集会!
He's not at the store, and there's no meeting tonight!
没有政治集会
No political meeting.
我到外面去等他们回来
We'll wait outside till he and his friends return.
中士 包围这所房子 堵住所有的们和窗户
Sergeant, surround the house. Put a man on each door and window.
是 队长!
Yes, sir!
继续做活吧!
Keep on with your sewing, ladies.
我来…我来朗读
And I'll read aloud.
大卫·科伯非尔的生平和经历
"The Personal History and Experience of David Copperfield.
第一章 我出生了
"Chapter one. l'm born.
我从出生的那天起即是我生命的开始
"To begin my life, with the beginning of my life, I record that I was born.
第九章我有一个可纪念的生日
"Chapter Nine. I have a memorable birthday.
我的生日在三月间来到
"l pass over all that happened at school...
这以前 学校中所发生的一切我都不提了
"...until the anniversary of my birthday came around in March.
除了司帖夫子比以前更让人羡慕以外 我什么都不记得了
"Except that Steerforth was more to be admired than ever.
我什么都不记得了
"l remember nothing.
他就要在年底离开
"He was going away at the end of the half year,
假如不是更早的话
if not sooner...
在我的眼里 他比以前更活泼更能独立
"...and was more spirited and independent than before in my eyes...
因而比以前更让人喜欢了
"...and, therefore, more engaging than before, but...
可是除此之外
"...beyond this I remember nothing.
我什么都不记得了
"The great...."
我什么都不记得了
"l remember nothing."
梅妮 他们喝醉了
Melly! They're drunk!
让我来应付
Leave this to me, Scarlett.
请你 什么也别说
And, please, say nothing.
你这蠢货
You stupid fool!
安静 你们不要再唱了好吗?
Quiet! Will you shut up for the love of...?
你好 梅妮
Hello, Melly.
你又把我丈夫灌醉了 巴特勒船长
So, you've got my husband intoxicated again, Captain Butler!
好 扶他进来吧
Well, bring him in.
对不起 卫尔克斯太太 你丈夫被捕了
I'm sorry, Mrs. Wilkes. Your husband's under arrest.
你们如果要逮捕亚特南大的…
If you arrest all the men who get intoxicated...
那你们的监狱里就住满北方人了
...you must have a good many Yankees in jail.
扶他进来吧 巴特勒船长
Bring him in, Captain Butler.
如果你自己还能走的话
If you can walk yourself.
喔 这…
I want to tell you a story....
我要给你讲个故事大夫…我…
Listen, Doctor, l....
让他坐在椅子上
Put him there in that chair.
巴特勒船长 请你离开我家好吗?
And now, Captain Butler, will you please leave my house...
记住 以后再也别来了
...and try to remember not to come here again?
可是我把他从大街上弄回来
Well, now that's fine thanks I get for bringing him home...
没让他在那儿丢人
...and not leaving him on the streets in this shameful condition!
你就…这样谢我?我们进来大家一起唱吧
Now, boys, all together!
米格大夫 你太我吃惊了
Dr. Meade...l'm astonished at you!
艾希礼 你怎么能做这种事?
Oh, Ashley! How can you do this to me?
我…我还没太醉
I ain't so very drunk, Melly.
扶他进卧室去 妈咪把他扶到床上去
Take him into the bedroom and lay him out on the bed as usual.
别动他 他被捕了中士
Don't touch him, he's under arrest!
汤姆 你为什么要逮捕他?
Now, Tom. What do you want to arrest him for?
我看见他喝醉了
I've seen him drunker.
也见你喝醉过 你也见过我
I've seen you drunker! And you've seen me....
他醉倒在沟里我也管不着 我不是警察
He can lie in the gutter for all I care! I'm not a policeman.
可他今天晚山领着人袭击了棚户区
But he led a raid tonight on that shantytown...
就是肯尼迪太太出事的地方
...where Mrs. Kennedy got into trouble this afternoon.
很多屋子被烧了 还打死了人
A lot of those shanties were burned. A couple of men were killed.
应该让你们这些反叛明白不能为所欲为了
It's about time you rebels learned you can't take the law into your own hands.
你在笑什么?
What are you laughing at?
你不用来教训我 汤姆
This isn't your night to teach that lesson, Tom.
今晚他一直跟我在一起是的 先生
These two have been with me tonight. Yes, sir.
瑞德 跟你?
With you, Rhett?
在哪儿?
Where?
在太太们面前不好说
I don't like to say in the presence of ladies.
你最好说出来
You'd better say.
到外面门厅 我告诉你
Come out on the porch and I'll tell you.
说吧 巴特勒船长 我想有权知道我丈夫去哪儿
Speak out, Captain Butler! I think I have a right to know where my husband's been.
好吧 太太 我们在我们的一个朋友家里
Well, ma'am, we dropped in on a friend of mine...
也是队长的朋友
...and the captain's.
贝尔·沃特琳太太那儿
A Mrs. Belle Watling.
我们打牌、喝香宾 还有…
We played cards, drank champagne and...
好那 干的好事 在我太太面前把我揭发了
Now, you've done it! Did you have to show me up in front of my wife?
现在你可以满意了 汤姆?
Now I hope you're satisfied, Tom.
明天这俩位太太不会理他们的丈夫
These ladies won't be on speaking terms with their husbands tomorrow.
哦 瑞德 我…我没想到 我…
Rhett, I had no idea, l....
你说 你能发誓说他们今晚上都在贝尔家
Look here, will you take an oath that they were with you tonight at Belle's?
你要不相信去问贝尔
Ask Belle, if you don't believe me.
她会告诉你的
She'll tell you, Captain.
你能像位绅士那样想我保证吗?
Will you give me your word as a gentleman?
- 象位绅士? - 当然了
- As a gentleman? - Why certainly, Tom.
好 如果…如果我弄错了对不起
Well, if l...if I've made a mistake, I'm sorry.
请你原谅我 卫尔克斯太太
I hope you'll forgive me, Mrs. Wilkes. I....
请你走吧 让我们安静一会
If you'll go and leave us in peace, please.
我…我说对不起了
Well, I say I'm sorry, and...
真…真的对不起
...well, I am sorry.
走吧!中士
Come on, Sergeant.
锁上门 拉上窗帘
Lock that door. Pull down the shades.
艾希礼
Ashley.
不要紧 只是肩膀受伤了
It's all right. It's only in the shoulder.
扶他上床我给他包扎伤口
Get him on the bed where I can dress the wound.
我想…我能走
I think I can walk.
何必呢?
It's not worth the effort. Which way?
哪边?这边
In here.
- 喔 妈咪 给我点热水 - 好的
- Mammy, I want some hot water. - Yes, sir.
- 需要点软布做绷带 - 我去找
- And lint for bandages. - I'll find some.
我用什么探伤口?要是有药箱就好了
Now what can I use for a probe? lf I only had my bag.
你真上那儿去了吗?
Were you really there?
那儿什么样子?
What did it look like?
有刻花的玻璃吊灯、丝绒窗帘好多镜子吗?
Does she have cut-glass chandeliers, plush curtains and dozens of mirrors?
天啦 我的太太 你在说什么呢?
Good heavens, Mrs. Meade, remember yourself.
巴特勒船长 请告诉我倒底怎么回事
And now, Captain Butler, tell me what happened, all that happened.
我晚了一步
I was too late.
我赶到那儿他们已经跟北方佬交上了火
When I got to the old Sullivan place there'd already been a skirmish with the Yankees.
卫尔克斯先生受了伤米格大夫和他在一起
I found Mr. Wilkes wounded and Dr. Meade was with him.
我必须证明他们不在现场
I had to prove they had been somewhere,
而在别处
anyplace but where they were.
所以把他们带到贝尔那儿去了
So I took them to Belle's.
她让他们进去了?
And she took them in?
贝尔是我的老朋友了
She's by way of being an old friend of mine.
喔…对不起
Oh, I'm sorry. I...
很抱歉 我当时想不出更体面的地方
I'm sorry I couldn't think up a more dignified alibi.
这已经不是你第一次救我了巴特勒船长
This isn't the first time you've come between me and disaster, Captain Butler.
我问你 并不是怀疑你的做法
It isn't likely that I'd question any device of yours.
我…我去看看米格大夫还需要什么
And now, I'll go and see what Dr. Meade needs.
艾希礼!
Oh, Ashley!
艾希礼!
Ashley!
你对你自己丈夫的情况一点儿也不感兴趣吗?
Have you no interest in what's become of your own husband, Mrs. Kennedy?
哼!弗南克一跟你去贝尔那儿了吗?
Did Frank go with you to Belle Watling's?
没有
No.
那么他在哪儿?
Well, where is he?
正躺在得卡斯大路上
He's lying out on Decatur Road...
头部中了弹
...shot through the head.
他死了
He's dead.
是哪一位?
Who is it?
是我 沃特琳太太
It's Miss Watlin'.
沃特琳太太请到屋里坐会儿吧
Oh, Mrs. Watling! Won't you come in the house?
我不能进去 卫尔克斯太太
Oh, no, I couldn't do that, Miss Wilkes.
你上车来跟我呆一会
You come in and sit a minute with me.
你这么帮助我该怎么谢你呢?
How can I thank you enough for what you did for us?
我怎么谢你才好呢?
How can any of us thank you enough?
我收到你的便条说你要来拜访我
I got your note sayin' you was goin' to call on me
向我道谢 为何呢 卫尔克斯太太
and thank me. Why, Miss Wilkes,
您大概是糊涂了 所以天刚黑 我就赶过来告诉你
you must have lost your mind. I come up here as soon as it was dark
告诉您 您…不应该这样想
to tell you...you mustn't even think of any such thing.
那是很不合适的
Well, it wouldn't be fittin' at all.
我向一位救了我丈夫命的人去道谢 有什么不合适?
It wouldn't be fitting to thank a kind woman who saved my husband's life?
卫尔克斯太太 全城没有一位太太像您对我这么好
Miss Wilkes, there ain't never been a lady in this town nice to me like you was.
我是说为医院捐款的事
I mean, about the money for the hospital, you know.
我不会忘记的
And I don't forget a kindness.
我想你又成了寡妇 还有一个孩子…
And I got to thinking about you being left a widow with a little boy...
…要是卫尔克斯先生被绞死的话…
...if Mr. Wilkes got hung...
他真是个天真可爱孩子
...and he's a nice little boy, your boy is, Miss Wilkes.
我也有个男孩 所以我…
I got a boy myself and so l....
哦 您也有…?他住在…?
Oh, you have? Does he live...?
喔…不…他不在亚特南大 我从来也没有见过他
Oh, no, ma'am, he ain't here in Atlanta. He ain't never been here.
他在别处上学
He's off at school.
从小我就没见过他了
I ain't seen him since he was little.
不管怎么说 要是肯尼迪太太的丈夫出了事
Well, anyway, if it had been that Miss Kennedy's husband by hisself...
我是连一个手指头也不会帮她的
...l wouldn't have lifted a finger to,
就是巴特勒船长说也不行
no matter what Captain Butler said.
她是个冷酷的女人
She's a mighty cold woman.
在亚特南大目中无人
Prancin' about Atlanta by herself.
她丈夫等于就是让她杀死的
She killed her husband same as if she shot him.
请你不要这样说我的弟妹
You mustn't say unkind things about my sister-in-law.
哦 请别介意卫尔克斯太太
Please don't freeze me, Miss Wilkes.
我忘了你喜欢她了
I forgot how you liked her.
不过您跟她可不是一路人
But she just ain't in the same class with you
我就是这么看的
and I can't help it if I think so.
现在我该走了
Well, anyway, I gotta be goin'.
我怕在这儿呆久了有人会认出我的马车
I'm scared somebody'll recognize this carriage if I stayed here any longer.
这样对您不好还有 卫尔克斯太太
That wouldn't do you no good.
如果…你在街上遇到了我
And Miss Wilkes...if you ever see me on the street,
而不和我说话
...you don't have to speak to me.
我能理解
I'll understand.
跟您说话、向您道谢我都感到荣辛
I should be proud to speak to you. Proud to be under obligation to you.
希望能再见面
I hope we meet again.
啊 不 这不太合适
Oh, no, ma'am, that wouldn't be fittin'.
晚安 卫尔克斯太太
Good night, Miss Wilkes.
晚安 沃特琳太太
Good night, Mrs. Watling.
你误解了肯尼迪太太
And you're wrong about Mrs. Kennedy.
她为她丈夫的死很痛心
She's brokenhearted about her husband.
是瑞德 真讨厌
Great balls of fire! It's Rhett.
小姐 巴特勒船长来看你
Miss Scarlett, Captain Butler here to see you.
我告诉他 你现在很伤心
I told him you was prostrate with grief.
告诉他 我就下来 妈咪
Tell him I'll be right down, Mammy.
她说她就下来
She says she's comin'.
我不知道她为什么要下来可她马就下来
I don't know why she's comin'. But she's a-comin'.
你不喜欢我 妈咪
You don't like me, Mammy.
你不用和我说了 我知道你真不喜欢我
Now don't you argue with me, you don't. You really don't.
这样不好 斯卡莉
It's no good, Scarlett.
什么?
What?
花露水
The cologne.
我…不明白你的意思
I'm sure I don't know what you mean.
我是说你喝酒了 白兰地喝了不少
I mean you've been drinking. Brandy. Quite a lot.
喝了怎么样 与你什么相干?
Well, what if I have? ls that any of your affair?
别一个人喝酒
Don't drink alone, Scarlett.
人们会知道 斯卡莉这有损你的名誉
People always find out and it ruins the reputation.
好象 不仅仅是为了老弗南克?
What is it? This is more than losing old Frank.
瑞德
Oh, Rhett...
我很害怕
...l'm so afraid.
我不信 你从来不会害怕
I don't believe it. You've never been afraid in your life.
我现在很害怕 害怕死怕下地狱
I'm afraid now. I'm afraid of dying and going to hell.
你看起来很健康
You look pretty healthy, and maybe there isn't any hell.
也许就没有地狱
Oh, there is.
有的 我知道有 从小就知道
I know there is. I was raised on it.
哦 我不会过问你小时候受的教育?
Well, far be it from me to question the teachings of childhood.
告诉我 你都干了些什么事情而要下地狱?
Tell me what you've done that hell yawns before you.
一开始我不该嫁给弗南克
I ought never to have married Frank to begin with.
他是休伦的未婚夫他爱她而不是我
He was Suellen's beau and he loved her, not me.
我让他痛苦 我害死了他
And I made him miserable. And I killed him.
是的 我害死了他
Yes, I did! I killed him!
瑞德
这是我第一次为自己做过的事感到难过
For the first time I'm finding out what it is to be sorry for something I've done.
给你 擦擦眼泪
Here. Dry your eyes.
如果你再做一次你还会是那样
If you had it all to do over again, you'd do no differently.
你就象是一个贼 偷了东西以后一点也不后悔
You're like the thief who isn't the least bit sorry he stole...
而是害怕去蹲监狱
...but he's terribly, terribly sorry he's going to jail.
幸亏妈妈她死了
I'm glad Mother's dead.
幸亏她死了 没看到我这样
I'm glad she's dead so she can't see me.
我一直想像她那样安祥、善良
I always wanted to be like her, calm and kind and....
我一天天令她失望
And I certainly have turned out disappointing.
斯卡莉…
You know, Scarlett,
我看你现在快要放声大哭了
I think you're on the verge of a crying jag.
让我们换个话题说说我为什么来这儿
So I'll change the subject and say what I came to say.
说吧!说完快走
Say it, then, and get out!
要说什么?
What is it?
今生今世我再也不能没有你啦
That I can't go on any longer without you.
喔 你真是个最没教养的人
You are the most ill-bred man
这个时候来说这种话
to come here at a time like this with your filthy...
我就觉得你是我所要的唯一的女人…
I made up my mind that you were the only woman for me...
…当我第一次见到你的时候
...the first day I saw you at Twelve Oaks.
你现在有木材厂和弗南克的钱
Now that you've got the lumber mill and Frank's money...
不会象进监狱那样来求我
...you won't come to me as you did to the jail.
看来现在我该娶你了
So I see I shall have to marry you.
我从来没听过这么粗俗的话
I never heard of such bad taste.
如果我现在跟你下跪你该相信了吧?
Would you be more convinced if I fell to my knees?
你这个无赖 你给我出去
Turn me loose, you varmint, and get out of here!
对不起 请你愿谅我我的情感这么激动
Forgive me for startling you with the impetuosity of my sentiments...
吓着你了 亲爱的…应该说亲爱的肯尼迪太太
...my dear Scarlett. I mean, my dear Mrs. Kennedy.
你应该注意到了 这些天…
But it cannot have escaped your notice that for some time past...
…我对你的友情 已经已经发展到了更加深刻的感情
...the friendship I have felt for you has ripened into a deeper feeling.
而且是更加美好、更加纯洁和更加神圣
A feeling more beautiful, more pure, more sacred.
这应承说是…爱情了吧?
Dare I name it? Can it be love?
你给我起来 我不喜欢这庸俗的玩笑
Get up off your knees. I don't like your common jokes.
这是一种高尚的求婚方式…
This is an honorable proposal of marriage...
…这是我认为最适当的时候
...made at what I consider a most opportune moment.
我不能一生总在…你的丈夫中间等着
I can't go all my life waiting to catch you between husbands.
你有粗鲁、又自负
You're coarse, and you're conceited.
这种话我不想听下去了
And I think this conversation has gone far enough.
再说 我不会再结婚了
Besides, I shall never marry again.
哦 你会的你会嫁给我的
Oh, yes, you will, and you'll marry me.
你…你…?我不爱你
You? You! I don't love you!
而且…而且我喜欢结婚
And I don't like being married.
你想过为乐趣而结婚吗?
Did you ever think of marrying just for fun?
结婚的乐趣?
Marriage, fun?
别胡说了 那是男人的乐趣
Fiddle-dee-dee. Fun for men, you mean.
你要外面都听到吗?
Hush up! Do you want them to hear you?
你先嫁个孩子后又嫁个老头
You've been married to a boy and an old man.
为什么不嫁个年纪相当又懂得女人的丈夫呢?
Why not try a husband of the right age, with a way with women?
你是个傻瓜 你知道吗?
You're a fool, Rhett Butler,
我会永远爱着另一个人的
when you know I shall always love another man.
别说 你现在听见了没有别再说这事
Stop it! Do you hear me, Scarlett? Stop it! No more of that talk.
- 别 我要晕了 - 我就是要你晕 想一想吧
- Rhett, don't, I shall faint. - I want you to faint. This is what you were meant for.
你的那些傻瓜有过这样的吻?有吗?
None of the fools you've known have kissed you like this, have they?
你的恰尔斯、弗南克还有那个笨艾希礼
Your Charles, or your Frank, or your stupid Ashley.
说你要嫁给我
Say you're going to marry me.
说愿意 说愿意
Say "yes." Say "yes! "
我愿意
Yes.
是真心话吗?不会说了不算?
Are you sure you meant it? You don't want to take it back?
不会
No.
看着我 跟我说心里话
Look at me and try to tell me the truth.
说你愿意 是不是为了我的钱?
Did you say "yes" because of my money?
哦 也不全是
Well...Yes. Partly.
不全是?
Partly?
你知道 瑞德 钱是有用的
Well, you know, Rhett, money does help,
当然…我也喜欢你
and, of course I am fond of you.
喜欢我?
Fond of me.
如果说我疯狂地爱着你 那是说谎
Well, if I said I was madly in love with you, you'd know I was lying...
- 你常说我们有共同之处 - 说得对 亲爱的
- but you always said we had a lot in common. - Yes, you're right, my dear.
你爱我多少 我就爱你多少
I'm not in love with you any more than you are with me.
愿上天保佑真正爱你的人
Heaven help the man who ever really loves you.
想要什么样的戒指?亲爱的
What kind of a ring would you like, my darling?
钻石戒指要买一只特大的 瑞德
Oh, a diamond ring. And do buy a great big one, Rhett.
我要给你买亚特南大最大最阔气的戒指
You shall have the biggest and the most vulgar ring in Atlanta.
我还要带你到新奥尔良度一次最豪华的蜜月
I'll take you to New Orleans for the most expensive honeymoon...
…用我赚的不义之财
...my ill-gotten gains can buy.
哦 那真是太好啦
Oh, that would be just heavenly.
我还要跟你买很多很多的嫁妆
And I think I'll buy your trousseau for you, too.
哦 瑞德 太好了
Rhett, how wonderful, but...
可别告诉任何人
...you won't tell anybody, will you, Rhett?
还是个小伪君子
Still the little hypocrite.
瑞德 不和我吻别吗?
Rhett, aren't you going to kiss me goodbye?
怎么 亲爱的 这一下午还没有亲够吗?
Don't you think you've had enough kissing for one afternoon?
哦 你真讨厌 走吧我不在乎 你别再回来
You're impossible. You can go and I don't care if you never come back.
可是我要回来的
But I will come back.
你想什么呢 斯卡莉德?
What are you thinking about, Scarlett?
我想我们多阔啊
I'm thinking about how rich we are.
哦 瑞德我还能继续经营木材厂吗?
Rhett, I can keep the lumber business too, can't l?
当然了 如果你愿意
Yes, of course, you can, if it amuses you.
现在你阔了 象你常说的那样
Now that you're rich you can tell everyone to go to the devil...
可以让任何人见鬼去了
...as you've always said you wanted to.
那你就是第一个去见鬼的了
But you were the main one I wanted to go to the devil.
不要刮盘子 斯卡莉橱房里还多的是呢
Don't scrape the plate, Scarlett. I'm sure there's more in the kitchen.
哦 瑞德 我能再要一块巧克力菜吗?
Oh, Rhett, can I have one of those chocolate ones stuffed with meringue?
你要是再这样贪吃的话会胖得象妈咪
If you don't stop being such a glutton, you'll get as fat as Mammy...
那我可要离婚了
...then I'll divorce you.
该给妈咪买点礼物吧?
Wouldn't it be nice if you bought something for Mammy, too?
为什么给她买礼物?
Why should I buy her a present
她说我们是一对骡子
when she called us both mules?
骡子?为什么?
Mules? Why mules?
喔…她说我们摆阔气把自己打扮得象赛马那么漂亮
Yes, she said we could give ourselves airs, and get ourselves all slicked up...
其实是戴着马具的骡子
...like racehorses but we were just mules in horse harness...
这骗不了人的
...and we didn't fool anybody.
我从来没有听过这样的大实话
I never heard anything more true.
妈咪是个聪明的老人
Mammy's a smart old soul...
我愿意受到象她这样的人尊敬
...and one of the few people I know whose respect I'd like to have.
我什么也不给她 不给她
I won't give her a thing. She doesn't deserve it.
我要送给她一条衬裙
Then I'll take her a petticoat.
我记得我奶奶说过 当她升天堂的时候
My Mammy always said when she went to heaven...
她要穿一条很挺的红绸子衬裙
...she wanted a red taffeta petticoat, so stiff that
走路时习习沙沙地响
it would stand by itself...and so rustly,
上帝会以为是天使翅膀做的呢
the Lord would think it was made of angels' wings.
她不会要你的她死都不会穿的
Why, she won't take it from you. She'd rather die than wear it.
也许吧 可我还是要表示一下
That may be, but I'm making the gesture just the same.
醒醒 醒醒
Wake up! Wake up!
你又在作恶梦了
You were having another nightmare.
哦 瑞德 我当时又冷、又饿、又累…
Oh, Rhett. When I was so cold and hungry and...and so tired
我…我找不到 我在屋里跑 可我找不到
l...l couldn't find it. I ran through the mist and I couldn't find it.
- 找什么呢?亲爱的 - 哦 我不知道
- Find what, honey? - Oh, I don't know.
我总作同样的梦可我不知道
I always dream the same dream and I never know.
好象是藏在雾里喔 亲爱的
It seems to be hidden in the mist. Darling.
你认为我会在梦里找到它吗?
Rhett, do you think I'll ever dream that
找到了我就安全了
I've found it and that I'm safe?
梦不会这样的
Dreams don't work that way,
不过 当你有了温暖和安全的感觉
but when you get used to being safe and warm...
你就不会作这样的恶梦了
...you'll stop dreaming that dream.
斯卡莉 我会让你感到安全的
And, Scarlett, I'm going to see that you are safe.
瑞德 我求你一件事你能答应吗?
Would you do something for me if I asked you?
你知道我能
You know I would.
你愿意带我离开这儿吗?
Will you take me away from here?
你不喜欢新奥尔良?
Don't you like New Orleans?
我喜欢新奥尔良…
Oh, I love New Orleans,
可我想回家去看看泰拉
but I want to go home and visit Tara.
你愿意带我回泰拉吗?
Will you take me to Tara?
好吧 斯卡莉 我当然愿意
Yes, Scarlett, of course I will.
我们明天就走
We'll go tomorrow.
你的力量是从这儿来的 泰拉的红土
You get your strength from this red earth of Tara, Scarlett.
你是它的一部分它也是你的一部分
You're part of it, and it's part of you.
我要尽一切可能把泰拉恢复成战前的样子
Rhett, I'd give anything to have Tara the way it was before the war.
是吗?
Would you?
那你就去做吧
Then go ahead and make it that way.
花多少钱都没行
Spend whatever you want,
能成为和过去一样好的种植园
make it as fine a plantation as it ever was.
喔 瑞德
Oh, Rhett.
瑞德 你对我正好
Rhett, you are good to me.
我们在亚特南大还能有新的大房子吗?
And can we still have our big new house in Atlanta?
可以 你要多么华丽的房子都行
Yes, and it can be as ornate as you want...
大理石阳台、彩色玻璃等等
...marbled terraces, stained-glass windows and all.
人人都会嫉妒我们吗?
Rhett, won't everyone be jealous?
我要让那些看不起我们的人羡慕得脸色发青
I want everybody who's been mean to me to be pea-green with envy.
我不管!斯卡莉真可恨!
I don't care. Scarlett's hateful,
盖这栋大房子就是为了摆阔
building that new house just to show off...
甚至把我们的仆人都叫了去
...and even taking our servants.
亲爱的 不要把她想得那么坏
Oh, darling, you mustn't think unkindly of her.
她是为了我们 能保住泰拉
She's made it possible for us to keep Tara always.
泰拉有什么好
Yes, and what good is Tara?
她结过三次婚可我成了老处女啦
She's had three husbands and I'll be an old maid.
啊 伟大的主啊 伟大的主啊
Great Jehosophat! Great Jehosophat!
天那!我们现在阔了
Lordsy, we sure is rich now!
哼 他比不上
It ain't quality....
太可可笑了 我为何不能进去?
But that's ridiculous. Why can't I go in?
至少我有资格看看我的孩子长得什么样
I'm entitled to at least see what my own child looks like.
你忍耐一会吧 瑞德先生
You control yourself, Mr. Rhett.
你有时间看
You'll be seein' it for a long time.
哦 可惜不是个男孩 瑞德先生
I'd like to apologize, Mr. Rhett, about it's not being a boy.
哦 别说了妈咪 谁要男孩了?
Oh, hush your mouth, Mammy. Who wants a boy?
男孩一点用也没有我就是个证明
Boys aren't any use to anybody. Don't you think I'm proof of that?
喝点雪尔酒 妈咪
Have a drink of sherry, Mammy.
妈咪 她长得很漂亮是吗?
Mammy, she is beautiful, isn't she?
那还用说吗!
She sure is.
你见过比这漂亮的吗?
Did you ever see a prettier one?
当然 斯卡莉小姐生下来的时候就这么漂亮
Well, sir, Miss Scarlett was mighty nigh that pretty when she come, but not quite.
再来一杯 妈咪
Have another glass, Mammy.
我听习习沙沙的声音?
What's that rustling noise I hear?
哦 没什么 瑞德先生
Lordsy, Mr. Rhett. That ain't nothin'
就是你送给我的红衬裙
but my red silk petticoat you done give me.
你的衬裙?
Nothing but your petticoat.
我不相信!让我看看 把裙子撩起来
I don't believe it. Let me see. Pull up your skirt.
哦 天那 你真调皮
Mr. Rhett. You is bad.
你看吧
Yeah, oh, Lord!
怎么…这天裙子你放了这么久才穿?
You sure took a long enough time about wearing it.
是的 放得太久了
Yes, sir, too long.
不再是戴马具的骡子了吧?
No more mule in horse's harness?
先生 斯卡莉小姐不该告诉你这个
Mr. Rhett, Miss Scarlett was bad tellin' you about that.
你不会记恨我吧?
You ain't holdin' that against old Mammy, is you?
不 怎么能记恨你呢?
No, I ain't holding it against you. I just wanted to know.
只是随便说说…再来一杯妈咪把这一瓶都拿去吧
Have another glass, Mammy. Here, take the whole bottle.
米格大夫说 现在你可以进去了
Dr. Meade says you may go in now, Captain Butler.
今天我真是太快活了
This sure is a happy day to me.
我给这个家带了三代女孩
I done diapered three generations of this family's girls...
真是快活的一天
...and it sure is a happy day.
哦 是的 妈咪 最高兴的日子就是婴儿诞生
Oh, yes, Mammy. The happiest days are when babies come.
我盼望…妈咪 她真漂亮
I wish...Oh, Mammy, she's beautiful.
他们会给她取什么名字?
What do you suppose they'll name her?
斯卡莉小姐对我说
Miss Scarlett done told me if it was a girl...
要是生个女孩就叫玉季尼亚维克多利亚
...she's goin' to name it Eugenia Victoria.
是啊 她是个漂亮的娃娃
Yes...she's a beautiful baby...
最漂亮的娃娃
...the most beautiful baby ever.
是的
Yes.
你知道你的生日吗?
Do you know that this is your birthday?
你已经一个星期大了
That you're a week old today?
对 我要给她买一匹小马驹全城最好的
Yes, I'm going to buy her a pony the likes of which this town has never seen.
啊 我要送她上查尔斯敦最好的学校
Yes, I'm gonna send her to the best schools in Charleston.
对 她会受大南方最好的家庭的欢迎
Yes. And her'll be received by the best families in the South.
当她结婚的时候
And when it comes time for her to marry...
她会象一个小公主
...well, she'll be a little princess.
我看你是在自说自话了
You certainly are making a fool of yourself.
为什么不呢?
And why shouldn't l?
她是第一个完全属于我的人
She's the first person who's ever completely belonged to me.
你别得意了 孩子是我生的 不是吗?
Great balls of fire! I had the baby, didn't l?
我是梅兰妮 能进来吗?
It's Melanie. May I come in?
请进来 梅妮
Come in, Melly.
是啊 进来看看我女儿漂亮的蓝眼睛
Yes, come in and look at my daughter's beautiful blue eyes.
可是大多数孩子生下来眼睛都是蓝的
But, Captain Butler, most babies have blue eyes when they're born.
别告诉他 梅妮他对孩子的事什么都不懂
Don't try to tell him anything. He knows everything about babies.
不管怎么说 她的眼睛都是蓝的而且永远是蓝的
Nevertheless, her eyes are blue and they're going to stay blue.
像我们漂亮的蓝旗
As blue as the bonnie blue flag.
太对了 漂亮的蓝旗 我们就叫她 邦蒂卜露巴特
That's it. That's what we'll call her Bonnie Blue Butler.
好了 再试试 妈咪
Try again, Mammy.
二十英寸
Twenty inches.
二十英寸
Twenty inches!
胖得像碧蒂姑妈了
I've grown as big as Aunt Pitty.
你一定帮我勒到十八寸半 妈咪
You've simply got to make it 18 and a half again, Mammy.
你生过孩子了 小姐
You done had a baby, Miss Scarlett...
…你永远也不能到十八寸半了 半寸都不行
...and you ain't never goin' to be no 18 and a half inches again.
永远 我没办法做到
Never. And there ain't nothin' to do about it.
我会有办法的
There is something to do about it!
我不能现在就发胖、变老
I'm just not going to get old and fat before my time.
我不能再生孩子了
I just won't have any more babies!
瑞德先生说他明年还想要个儿子呢
I heard Mr. Rhett say that he'll be wantin' a son next year.
告诉巴特勒船长我决定不出去了
Go tell Captain Butler I've decided not to go out after all.
晚餐我在屋里吃
I'll have supper in my room.
我听说了
I got your message.
我让他们把我的晚餐也送到这儿来
I'll have them bring my supper up here too.
你不会反对吧?
No objections to that, I hope?
哦 不…
No.
是的 我…
Yes.
我是说你在哪儿吃晚餐都可以
I mean, I don't care where you have your supper.
瑞德…
Rhett?
什么?
Yes?
你知道…
You see...
我… 我决定…
...well, I've decided...
我希望以后不再生孩子了
...well, I hope I don't have any more children.
亲爱的 邦妮出生之前我就说过
My pet, as I told you before Bonnie was born...
你生一个还是二十个对我没什么
...it's immaterial to me whether you have one child or 20!
可你知道…
No, but you know what l....
你明白我的意思吗?
Do you know what I mean?
喔 明白
I do.
但我为这事可以提出离婚
And do you know I can divorce you for this?
你就是这么低级总想那种事
You're just low enough to think of something like that!
如果你还有点骑士风度看看人家艾希礼
If you had any chivalry in you or would be nice like, well, look at Ashley Wilkes!
梅兰妮不能再生孩子可是他…他…
Melanie can't have any more children and he....
今天下午你去木材厂了?是吗?
You've been to the lumber office this afternoon, haven't you?
这又有什么关系?
What has that got to do with it?
卫希礼可真是个正人君子
Quite the little gentleman, Ashley.
- 请说下去 巴特勒太太 - 说也没用
- Pray go on, Mrs. Butler. - It's no use.
你不能理解
You wouldn't understand.
斯卡莉 你知道我为你难过
You know, I'm sorry for you, Scarlett.
为我难过?
Sorry for me?
对 为你难过 因为你用双手把辛福仍掉了
Yes, sorry for you because you're throwing away happiness with both hands...
而你所追求的却不会使你幸福
...and reaching out for something that will never make you happy.
我不懂你说的是什么
I don't know what you're talking about.
即使你是单身而梅妮小姐又死了
If you were free and Miss Melly were dead
你得到了你的卫希礼
and you had your precious...honorable Ashley,
你会辛福吗?
do you think you'd be happy with him?
你不会了解的也不知道他在想什么
You'd never know him, never even understand his mind...
你什么也不会知道的除了金钱
...any more than you understand anything except money.
别跟我说这些了
Never mind about that! What I want to know is...
我要知道的是…你可以守你的贞节
You may keep your sanctity, Scarlett.
这样做对我没什么
It'll work no hardship on me.
你是说你不在乎?
Do you mean to say you don't care?
世界上有很多东西有那么多人
The world is full of many things and many people,
我不会寂寞的
and I shan't be lonely.
我可以在别处找到安慰
I'll find comfort elsewhere.
太好了
Well, that's fine. But I warn you.
不过我提醒你 要是你又变卦了我可把门锁上
Just in case you change your mind, I intend to lock my door.
锁上?我要走进来什么锁也挡不住
Why bother? lf I wanted to come in, no lock could keep me out!
我一直认为大多数女人都狡诈、虚伪、无情
I always knew that most women were cheats, hypocritical and hard.
可这个女人…
But this one...
哦 瑞德 这有什么用?什么意思?
Rhett, it ain't no use. What do you mean?
我是说你被她迷住了
I mean you're poisoned with her.
不管她怎么对你可你仍然爱她
I don't care what she's done to you, you're still in love with her.
不要以为你不说出来我就高兴 也许是…
And don't think it pleasures me none to say it.
不过我跟她算完了我告诉你 完了
Maybe so! But I'm through with her, I tell you! I'm through.
你要为孩子想
You gotta think of the child.
孩子胜过十个母亲
The child's worth ten of the mother.
你是个聪明的人 贝尔
You're a shrewd woman, Belle,
是个非常好的人
and a very nice one.
是吗 瑞德?
Yes, Rhett?
我在想你们俩有什么不同
I was just thinking of the difference between you, and...
你们都是精明的女人你们俩都取得了成功
...you're both hard-headed business women and you're both successful.
可是你有一颗善良的心
But you've got a heart, Belle...
你很诚实
...and you're honest.
再见 瑞德
Goodbye, Rhett.
再见
Goodbye, Belle.
她一定会是一名出色的女骑手
She'll be a wonderful horsewoman!
- 瞧她的手、她的屁股 - 喔 别胡说了
- Look at those hands, and that seat! - Oh, fiddle-dee-dee!
为什么要自己推着贝比出来 家里有很多的佣人…
Just why we have to wheel the baby when we have a house full of servants....
- 早上好 威尔韦格尔太太 - 早上好 巴特勒船长
- Good morning, Mrs. Merriwether. - Good morning, Captain Butler.
早上好 斯卡莉
Good morning, Scarlett.
跟在这些老太太装什么样?
Making fools of ourselves in front of these old buffaloes!
如果你想想你过去的地位你就会这么做了
If you'd thought of your position years ago, you wouldn't have to do this.
不过我要赢得这个城市里每一位孤寡老太婆们的好感
But as it is, we'll cultivate every female dragon of the old guard in this town.
- 早上好 怀亭太太 - 早上好 巴特勒船长
- Good morning, Mrs. Whiting. - Good morning, Captain Butler.
早上好 斯卡莉
Good morning, Scarlett.
这一下大投机商就变得受人尊敬了?
So the millionaire speculator's turning respectable!
多少钱也买不来我对邦妮的期望
All of our money can't buy what I want for Bonnie.
我承认我有缺点
Oh, I'll admit I've been at fault, too.
可邦妮需要到正派人的圈子里
But Bonnie's going to have a place among decent people.
那怕我们要对每个老北毛低声下气
Yes, even if we both have to crawl on our bellies to every fat old cat.
早上好 梅格太太
Good morning, Mrs. Meade.
早上好 巴特勒船长
Good morning, Captain Butler.
早上好 斯卡莉
Good morning, Scarlett.
梅利威格尔太太我一直佩服您丰富的知识
Mrs. Merriwether, I've always had a great regard for your knowledge.
我想向您请教一点事可以吗?
I wonder if you could give me some advice.
当然可以
Why, certainly, Captain Butler.
邦妮爱吃大拇指我没法至止她
My Bonnie sucks her thumb. I can't make her stop it.
不能让她这样嘴会变型的
You should make her stop it. It'll ruin the shape of her mouth.
我知道 我知道 她的小嘴长得多好看那
I know, I know. She has such a beautiful mouth, too.
我往她的手指上涂过肥皂
I tried putting soap under her nails.
肥皂?呸!往手指上涂点奎宁她很快就不吃了
Soap! Bah! Put quinine on her thumb and she'll stop sucking it quick enough.
奎宁?我怎么就没有想到呢
Quinine! I never would have thought of it.
真是太感谢您了威利威德尔太太
I can't thank you enough, Mrs. Merriwether.
这样一来 我就不用担心了
You've taken a great load off my mind!
早上好
Good morning.
早上好 朵丽
Good morning, Dolly.
那不是巴特勒船长吗?早上好 卡洛琳
Wasn't that Captain Butler? Good morning, Caroline.
我正在想…
I was just thinking.
一个这么爱孩子的男人他身上一定有很多优点
There must be a great deal of good in a man who could love a child so much.
当然是的
But of course there is!
喔…我没有告诉过你吗?
Oh, did I tell you that
范倪告诉米格大夫说
*** Elsing told Dr. Meade
巴特勒船长承认他参加了弗兰克林战役
that Captain Butler...finally admitted he was honored by the Confederate Congress...
还受到了联邦议会的嘉奖
...for his services at the Battle of Franklin?
没有?我没告诉过你吧
No! And did I tell you, Caroline, that Captain Butler...
巴特勒船长还为美化阵亡将士的公墓
...made a stupendous contribution to the Association for the Beautification...
捐了一大笔钱呢
...of the Graves of the Glorious Dead?
没有?
No!
我的小孙子下星期要为邦妮·巴特勒开个派提
My little grandbaby, Napoleon Picard, is giving a party for Bonnie next week.
哦 你明知道是我先想的
Why, Dolly Merriwether, you know right well it was my idea...
我要为邦妮·巴特勒开派提
...to give a party for Bonnie Butler!
卡洛琳米达…你怎么能这么做呢?…
Why Caroline Meade....
我的小孙子…是我提议的…
应该我先请…应该我先请…
看!爸爸教你的小马跳栏
Now watch Daddy put your pony over,
邦妮 注意看
Bonnie. Now watch.
爸 让我来 让我来嘛
Daddy, let me! Let me!
好吧 宝贝
All right, darling.
波克 把她抱上来
Put her on, Pork!
上来吧
Up we go.
对 就这样
Oh, there!
我的老天那 又来了
Lordsy mercy! There he goes again!
两腿夹紧 骑稳了 向前探身一定要顺着它的步子
Grip tightly with your legs and sit close. Lean forward and be sure you go with him.
抓紧缰绳 提起来
Hold your reins properly in a firm hand. Up!
太好了 我知道你能跳过去
That was fine! I knew you'd do it!
等你长大一点我带你去肯塔几和弗吉尼亚
When you get a little older, I'll take you to Kentucky and Virginia.
你会成为南方最好的女骑手
You'll be the greatest horsewoman in the South.
让爸爸亲一下
Give your daddy a kiss.
瑞德先生
Mr. Rhett! Mr. Rhett!
瑞德先生…瑞德先生
Mr. Rhett!
看见了吗 妈咪?她多了不起啊?
Did you see her, Mammy? Wasn't she wonderful?
瑞德先生 我告诉过你
Mr. Rhett, I done told you and told you it just ain't fittin'...
一个女孩子跨着骑马裙子都吹起来 是很不合适的
...for a girl child to ride astraddle with her dress flyin' up!
那好吧 把我就教她侧骑吧
All right, Mammy. I'll teach her to ride sidesaddle.
我要给她买一身蓝天鹅绒的马服 她会喜欢的
And I'll buy her a blue velvet riding habit. She'll love that.
小姑娘穿黑呢子的就行了
A nice black broadcloth is what little girls wear.
好了 好了 妈咪 别再说了
Now, Mammy, be reasonable.
反正 我觉得不合适
Well, I don't think it's fittin', but....
不合适 就是不合适…
It ain't fittin', it just ain't fittin'.
不合适…
It ain't fittin'.
哦 斯卡莉
Why, Scarlett!
你这时候进城干什么来啦?
What are you doing downtown at this time of day?
啊 艾希礼 我刚…
Ashley, I just...
你怎么没帮梅妮准备我的生日宴会去呢?
Why aren't you helping Melly get ready for my surprise birthday party?
喔 艾希礼我还以为你不知道呢
Why, Ashley Wilkes, you aren't supposed to know anything about that.
你要不作出惊喜的样子她会失望的
Melly'd be so disappointed if you weren't surprised.
我知道 到时候我一定象亚特南大最惊喜人
I won't let on. I'll be the most surprised man in Atlanta.
好了 你来了让我把帐本给你看看
As long as you're here, let me show you the books...
你就能看到我是多么无能的生意人了
...so you can see just how bad a businessman I really am.
今天我们不谈这没意思的事
Oh, don't let's fool with any books today.
在我戴上这顶新帽子的时候
When I'm wearing a new bonnet, all the figures I ever knew...
帐目在我脑子里就不存在了
...go right slap out of my head.
戴上这么漂亮的帽子当然什么也不想了
The figures are well lost when the bonnet's as pretty as that one.
斯卡莉 你越来越漂亮了
Scarlett, you know, you get prettier all the time.
你一点也没变
You haven't changed a bit
记得在十二颗橡树最后一次夜餐会上
since the day of our last barbecue at Twelve Oaks...
你坐在一颗树下一群男孩子围着你
...where you sat under a tree surrounded by dozens of beaux.
那时的我已经不存在了
That girl doesn't exist anymore.
没有一件事象我期望的那样
Nothing's turned out as I expected, Ashley.
没有
Nothing.
是的 从那以后我们都走过了一段漫长地路
Yes, we've travelled a long road since the old days, haven't we, Scarlett?
哎 那优闲的日子
Oh, the lazy days...
那乡间温暖的黄昏
...the warm, still country twilights...
黑人们的欢笑从他们的住处传来
...the high, soft *** laughter from the quarters...
那温馨宁静的美好时光
...the golden warmth and security of those days.
不要回忆过去了
Don't look back, Ashley.
不要回忆了
Don't look back.
他只能揪住你的心什么事也干不成
It drags at your heart till you can't do anything, but look back.
我不该惹你伤心亲爱的
I didn't mean to make you sad, my dear.
我唯一希望就是你能过得幸福
I'd never want you to be anything but completely happy.
艾希礼
Oh, Ashley!
谁呀?
Who is it?
你丈夫
Only your husband.
哦 进来
Come in.
我真的被邀请进入圣殿了?
Am I actually being invited into the sanctuary?
你不去参加梅兰妮的宴会吗?
You're not ready for Melanie's party.
我有点头痛 瑞德
I've got a headache, Rhett.
你自己去吧替我向梅兰妮道歉
You go without me, and make my excuses to Melanie.
你真是一个怯懦的胆小鬼
What a white-livered little coward you are! Get up!
起来 你必须参加宴会得快点
You're going to that party and you'll have to hurry.
- 英蒂雅她真的… - 是的 英蒂雅是说了
- Has lndia dared to... - Yes. India has!
城里的男人女人都已经知道了
Every woman and man in town knows the story!
应该杀了他们 散佈谣言
You should kill them, spreading lies.
我有个怪脾气 从不杀说实话的人
I have a strange way of not killing people who tell the truth.
现在没时间争论 起来
There's no time to argue now. Get up!
我不去 我不去直到她把误会澄清了
I won't go! I can't go until this misunderstanding is cleared up.
你难道是怕梅妮小姐当着众人的面…
You won't cheat Miss Melly out of the satisfaction of publicly...
对你下逐客令吗?
...ordering you out of her house.
我没做错什么错事 英蒂雅恨我
There was nothing wrong. India hates me so.
- 我不能去 我应付不了 - 你今天晚上不露面
- I can't go, Rhett. I couldn't face it. - If you don't show it tonight,
你这一辈子也别想在这个城市露面了
you'll never be able to as long as you live.
这对我倒无所谓 你不能毁了邦妮的前途
While that wouldn't bother me, you're ruining Bonnie's chances.
今天为了她 你也应该参加这个宴会 快穿衣服
You're going to that party, if only for her sake. Now, get dressed!
穿这件 这种场合用不了穿得太朴素
Wear that! Nothing modest or matronly will do for this occasion.
多擦一点烟脂
And put on plenty of rouge.
象个赴宴的样子
I want you to look your part tonight.
他是一个快乐的好人 他是一个快乐的好人
"For he's a jolly good fellow For he's a jolly good fellow
他是一个快乐的好人 没有人能拒绝
"For he's a jolly good fellow Which nobody can deny
每个人都不能否认
"Which nobody can deny Which nobody can deny
他是一个快乐的好人
"For he's a jolly good fellow...."
再见 斯卡莉
Good night, Scarlett.
瑞德 你不能…你一个人进去吧
But Rhett, you can't...You go into the arena alone.
饥饿的狮子正在等着你呢 瑞德 别离开我 别…
The lions are hungry for you. Oh, Rhett, don't leave me. Don't.
你不害怕吗?
You're not afraid?
没有人能拒绝 没有人能拒绝
"Which nobody can deny Which nobody can deny
他是一个快乐的好人 他是一个快乐的好人
"For he's a jolly good fellow For he's a jolly good fellow
他是一个快乐的好人 没有人能拒绝
"For he's a jolly good fellow Which nobody can deny."
斯卡莉 亲爱的这件衣服可真漂亮
What a lovely dress, Scarlett, darling.
今天晚上英蒂雅不能来
India wasn't able to come tonight.
你帮帮我吧
Will you be an angel?
我真需要你帮我招待客人
I do need you to help me receive my guests.
米格太太 我们的斯卡莉来了
Mrs. Meade...here's our darling Scarlett.
晚上好
Good evening.
晚上好
Why Scarlett!
斯卡莉
Good evening, Miss Scarlett.
晚上好巴特勒太太
Good evening, Mrs. Butler.
艾希礼 给我们的斯卡莉倒杯酒来 好吗?
Ashley, aren't you going to get our Scarlett a glass of punch?
你在梅妮小姐的宴会上玩得高兴吗?孩子
Did you have a good time tonight at Miss Melly's party, child?
高兴 哦 妈咪 千万记住
Yes, yes. Now, Mammy, be sure and leave word...
巴特勒船长回来就说我睡了
...if Captain Butler asks for me when he comes back, I'm asleep.
好吧
Yes, ma'am.
请进来 巴特勒太太
Come in, Mrs. Butler.
到这儿来
Come here.
坐下
Sit down!
你要喝睡前酒 我在这儿也不妨碍你
There's no reason why you shouldn't have your nightcap even if I am here.
我并不想喝酒
I didn't want a drink.
- 我听到要声音才… - 你什么也没听见
- I heard a noise and... - You heard nothing of the kind.
你要是知道我在这儿你就不会下来了
You wouldn't have come down if you'd thought I was here.
- 你现在很想喝酒 - 我不想喝
- You must need a drink badly. - I do not!
拿着 别装腔作势了
Take it. Don't give yourself airs.
我知道你偷偷喝酒 我也知道你的酒量
I know you drink on the quiet, and I know how much you drink.
你以为我在乎你喝白兰地吗?
Do you think I care if you like your brandy?
- 你喝醉了 我要去睡了 - 我是醉了
- You're drunk, and I'm going to bed! - I'm very drunk...
可是我今天夜里还要喝得更醉
...and I intend getting still drunker before the evening's over...
你别去睡觉
...but you're not going to bed,
还早呢! 坐下!
not yet! Sit down!
她帮了你你有什么感想?
So she stood by you, did she?
你对她做了亏心事而她为你遮掩
How does it feel to have the woman you've wronged cloak your sins for you?
你在想她是不是知道你和艾希礼的事
You're wondering if she knows all about you and Ashley.
你以为她这么做是为了保全自己的面子?
You're wondering if she did it just to save her face.
你认为她为你遮掩这样做 是个十足的傻瓜
You're thinking that she's a fool for doing it even if it did save your hide.
- 我不想听 - 你要听
- I will not listen. - Yes, you'll listen!
梅妮小姐可不是你想象的那样
Miss Melly's a fool, but not the kind you think.
因为她心的太高尚了
It's just that there's too much honor in her to ever conceive of dishonor...
她不往坏处想她所爱的任何人
...in anyone she loves.
她是那样的爱你
And she loves you.
我真弄不明白她为什么要爱你
Though just why she does, I'm sure I don't know!
你要不是喝醉了还侮辱我
If you weren't so drunk and insulting,
我会解释的
I could explain everything.
- 虽然… - 如果你再从这椅子上站起来
- As it is though... - If you get out of that chair once more!
当然这其中最可笑的人物
Of course, the comic figure in all this
是那位长期痛苦着的卫尔克斯先生
is the long suffering Mr. Wilkes!
卫尔克斯先生在精神上不能忠于他妻子
Mr. Wilkes, who can't be mentally faithful to his wife...
而表面上又不愿意不忠于她
...and won't be unfaithful to her technically.
他怎么就拿不定主意呢?瑞德 你…
Why doesn't he make up his mind? Rhett, you....
看我的手 亲爱的
Observe my hands, my dear.
我可以把你撕裂成碎片
I could tear you to pieces with them.
要是能把卫艾希礼从你头脑里永远除去就好了
And I'd do it, if it'd take Ashley out of your mind forever.
可他不行
But it wouldn't.
所以要这样把他从你脑子里除去
So I'll remove him from your mind forever this way.
我要用两只手
I'll put my hands so...
夹着你的头
...one on each side of your head...
把你的头像夹核桃一样夹碎
...and I'll smash your skull between them like a walnut.
把他挤出去
And that'll block him out.
快把手拿开 你这醉鬼
Take your hands off me, you drunken fool.
我一直佩服你这种精神亲爱的
You know I've always admired your spirit, my dear.
特别是你在陷入绝境的时候
Never more than now, when you're cornered.
我没有陷入绝境
I'm not cornered.
永远不会 别想吓唬我
And you'll never corner me, Rhett Butler, or frighten me!
你长期过着下流的生活 你什么也不懂
You've lived in dirt so long, you can't understand anything else.
并且就知道嫉妒你不能理解的事情 晚安!
And you're jealous of something you can't understand. Good night!
我嫉妒?是吗
Jealous, am l?
对 也许是
Yes, I suppose I am.
我知道你还没有做出对不起我的事
Even though I know you've been faithful to me all along.
因为我了解
How do I know?
艾希礼·卫尔克斯和他那高尚的借口
Because I know Ashley Wilkes, and his honorable breed.
他是正人君子
They're gentlemen!
而这一点比你我都强
And that's more than I can say for you or for me!
我们不是
We're not gentlemen,
而且你名声不好对吗?
and we have no honor, have we?
没那么容易的 斯卡莉
It's not that easy, Scarlett.
你把我赶出处去见艾希礼·卫尔克斯
You turned me out while you chased Ashley Wilkes.
你梦想着他
While you dreamed of Ashley Wilkes.
今天晚上你敢不跟我…
This is one night you're not turning me out!
今天早上觉得好点吗 妈咪?
How are you feeling this morning, Mammy?
我的后背还有点痛
Well, this misery in my back ain't so good.
- 你今天早上显得挺高兴 小姐 - 是的 妈咪
- You actin' mighty happy this mornin', Miss Scarlett. - I am, Mammy.
是的
I am.
歌词大意:当他对她微笑她喜极而泣
"Oh, she wept with delight when he gave her a smile
看到他皱眉就害怕得发抖
"And trembled with fear at his frown."
你好 我…我要为我昨天晚上的行为向你歉
Hello. I'd like to extend my apologies for my conduct of last night.
哦 可是瑞德…
Oh, but Rhett....
我当时喝醉了
I was very drunk...
所以我有点儿情不自禁 难以控制
...and quite swept off my feet by your charms.
你不必向我道歉
Well, you needn't bother to apologize.
你做什么事我都不会觉得吃惊的
Nothing you ever do surprises me!
斯卡莉 我一直在考虑
I've been thinking things over, and I really believe that...
如果我们都承认我们错了
...it would be better for both of us...
还是离婚吧 我相信这对我们俩个人都好
...if we admitted we'd made a mistake and got a divorce.
- 离婚? - 对!
- A divorce? - Yes.
没有必要把俩个人栓在一起
There's no point in our holding on to each other, is there?
我保证你过富裕的生活你可以提出要求
I'll provide for you amply. You've plenty of grounds.
只要邦妮归我你要什么我都同意
Just give me Bonnie. You can say what you please, I won't contest it.
谢谢你了 离婚这种败坏门风的事 我可不干
Thank you very much. But I wouldn't dream of disgracing the family with a divorce.
如果艾希礼是自由的
You'd disgrace it quick enough if Ashley were free.
你真是巴不得越早离婚越好呢
It makes my head spin to think how quickly you'd divorce me.
离不离 斯卡莉?
Wouldn't you, Scarlett?
快回答我 离不离?
Well, answer me. Wouldn't you?
请你走吧 让我清静一会儿
Will you please go now, and leave me alone?
我是要走我就是来告诉你的
Yes, I'm going. That's what I came to tell you.
我要作一段长时间的旅行
I'm going on a very extended trip
去伦敦 今天就走
to London, and I'm leaving today.
我要带邦妮去
And I'm taking Bonnie with me.
请她马上把她的衣服收拾好
So you'll please get her little duds packed right away.
你别想把我的孩子带走
You'll never take my child out of this house.
她也是我的孩子
She's my child, too, Scarlett.
你错了 你以为我会把她留在
You're making a mistake, if you think I'm leaving her here...
一个毫不顾惜自己名誉的母亲身边吗?
...with a mother who hasn't the decency to consider her own reputation.
你多会说呀
You're a fine one to talk.
你以为我会让你把孩子…
You think I'll let that child out of this house...
…带到像贝儿那种人那儿去吗?
...when you'll probably have her around with people like that Belle?
你要是个男人 我会扭断你的颈子
If you were a man, I'd break your neck for that.
谢谢你别再说那种话了
As it is, I'll thank you to shut your stupid mouth.
你倒摆出一副做母亲的神气来了
As for you, giving yourself pious airs about your motherhood....
一只猫做母亲都会比你强
Why, a cat's a better mother than you are.
一小时之内给她准备好行装
Have her things packed and ready for me in an hour,
我警告你 我常常想用马鞭子抽你一顿
or I warn you...I've always thought a good lashing with a buggy whip would benefit you immensely.
对不起 瑞德先生
Excuse me, Mr. Rhett.
您好 瑞德叔叔
Hello, Uncle Rhett.
- 啊 你好!- 爸爸 爸爸!你到哪儿去了?
- Hello, hello, Beau. - Daddy, Daddy! Where have you been?
- 我等你一早晨 - 我打兔子去了
- I've been waiting for you all morning. - Well, I've been hunting for a rabbit
用它的皮把小邦妮裹起来
skin to wrap my little Bonnie in.
来 亲我一下
Give your best sweetheart a kiss.
邦妮 我要带你去漫游仙境 去旅行
I'm going to take you on a long trip to fairyland!
去哪儿?去哪儿?
Where? Where?
我带你看伦敦塔小王子们呆的地方
I'm going to show you the Tower of London, where the little princes were...
还有伦敦桥
...and London Bridge.
伦敦桥?
London Bridge!
它不会塌下来吗?
Will it be falling down?
你想要它塌 它就塌
Well, it will if you want it to, darling.
爸爸 好黑
Daddy, dark!
爸爸 好黑
Daddy! Dark!
别怕 谁把灯熄灭了?
It's all right. Who put out that light?
- 保姆!- 爸爸 好黑
- Nurse! - Daddy, dark!
啊…啊…?
There. Yes, yes.
我的小邦妮怎么了?
What's the matter with my Bonnie?
- 一只熊 - 哦 一只熊?是只大熊吗?
- A bear. - Oh, a bear? A big bear?
大极了 坐在我的胸口上
Dreadful big. And he sat on my chest.
我在这儿 它再来 我就打死它
Well, I'll stay here and shoot him if he comes back.
晚上好 巴特勒先生
Good evening, Mr. Butler.
我告诉过你 不要把她一个人呆在黑屋子里
Haven't I told you never to leave her alone in the dark?
对不起 先生 孩子们常常怕黑 不过会习惯的
If you'll pardon me, sir, children are often afraid of the dark, but they get over it.
- 让她夜里喊一、两次 - 让她喊!
- If you just let her scream for a night or two. - Let her scream!
你如果不是傻瓜就是个没有人性的人!
Either you're a fool or the most inhuman woman I've ever seen!
如果你想让她长大了成为一个胆小鬼
Of course, sir, if you want her to grow up nervous and cowardly.
胆小!她身上没有一根胆小的骨头
Cowardly! There isn't a cowardly bone in her body.
你被解雇了
You're discharged!
随你便吧 先生
As you say, sir.
妈妈在哪儿呢?
Where is Mother?
邦妮
- 跟我在伦敦不快乐吗? - 我要回家
- Aren't you happy here in London with me? - I want to go home.
邦妮小姐
Miss Bonnie!
是巴特勒船长!
And Captain Butler!
- 斯卡莉小姐 - 你好!妈咪
- Miss Scarlett! - Hello, Mammy.
- 乖宝贝 - 斯卡莉小姐
- Honey, child! - Miss Scarlett!
他们回来了 他们回来了 斯卡莉小姐!
They's back! They's back, Miss Scarlett!
邦妮!
Bonnie!
邦妮 邦妮 宝贝
Bonnie! Bonnie, baby!
乖宝贝 回家高兴吗?爸爸给了我只小猫
Darling, baby! Are you glad to be home? Daddy gave me a kitten.
小猫迷 好可爱的
What a little, lovely kitten!
伦敦挺可怕的
London's a horrid place.
我的小马呢?
Where's my pony?
我要去看看我的小马
I want to go out and see my pony.
我的小马呢?
Where's my pony?
你去看我的小马
You go out and see your pony.
我的小马呢?跟妈咪去吧!
I wanna go out and see my pony. You run along with Mammy.
来吧 乖宝贝 跟妈咪去 妈咪可想你啦 宝贝
Come on, honey child. Go with Mammy. Mammy sure has missed you, honey.
巴特勒太太
Mrs. Butler, I believe.
妈咪说你回来了
Mammy said you'd come back.
我来送邦妮
But only to bring Bonnie.
对孩子来说一个坏妈妈也比没有妈妈好
Apparently any mother, even a bad one, is better for a child than none.
这么说你还要走?
You mean you're going away again?
你猜得真准 巴特勒太太 这就走
What perception, Mrs. Butler. Right away.
我的行李都放在车站了
In fact, I left my bags at the station.
你的脸色很苍白
You're looking pale.
是不是没有胭脂擦了?
Is there a shortage of rouge?
还是因为心里我想的才会这样?
Or can this wanness mean you've been missing me?
这都怨你
If I'm pale, it's your fault.
不是因为想你而是因为…
Not because I've been missing you, but because....
接着说下去
Pray continue, Mrs. Butler.
是因为我怀孕了
It's because I'm going to have a baby.
真的?谁是那幸运的父亲?
Indeed? And who's the happy father?
你知那是你的
You know it's yours.
我跟本不想要孩子
I don't want it any more than you do.
没有那个女人愿意跟你这样的无赖生孩子
No woman would want the child of a cad like you.
我倒希望不要是你的
I wish it were anybody's child but yours.
高兴点 说不定会小产
Well, cheer up. Maybe you'll have an accident.
她好点儿了吗?
Is she better?
哈太太 她问起我了吗?
Has she asked for me?
难道你不明白她在说胡话
Don't you understand? She's delirious.
瑞德
Rhett!
我要瑞德
I want Rhett!
怎么啦 宝贝?
What's the matter, honey?
你叫谁呢 孩子?
Did you call somebody, child?
没有用…
It's no use.
没用…
It's no use.
米格大夫走了
Dr. Meade's left.
斯卡莉死了?
Scarlett's dead!
喔 不 她好多了
Oh, no, she's much better.
真的好多了
Really she is.
好了 巴特勒船长你已经急昏了头啦
There, there, Captain Butler. You're beside yourself.
她很快就会好起来
She'll very soon be well again, I promise you.
我保证不 不 你不知道
No, you don't understand.
她并不想要这孩子
She never wanted this baby.
不想要孩子?女人都想要孩子
Not want a baby? Why, every woman wants a baby!
是 你想要孩子 可她不要不想要我的孩子
Yes, you want children, but she doesn't. Not my children.
她说她不再要孩子了
She told me she didn't want any more children...
我是要伤害她 因为她伤害我
...and I wanted to hurt her because she'd hurt me.
而且我这样做了
I wanted to and I did.
别说了你不该跟我说这些事
Hush. You mustn't tell me these things. It's not fit.
这不合适只到那天她摔下来
I didn't know about this baby
我才知道她怀孕了
until the other day when she fell.
如果我知道我会立刻回来
If I'd known, I'd have come straight home
不管她要不要我回来
whether she wanted me or not!
你当然会回来
Well, of course you would.
可是那一天 她在楼梯上告诉我 我说了什么?
And then when she told me, there on the steps, what did I do?
我大叫着对她说…我知道你不是有意的
I laughed and I said...I know you didn't mean it.
你不是有意的 我知道的
But you didn't mean it.
我是有意的
Oh, but I did mean it.
我嫉妒得发狂
I was crazy with jealousy.
她从没爱过我 我本以为她能…可是不行
She's never cared for me. I thought I could make her care, but I couldn't.
你想错了 斯卡莉非常爱你
You're so wrong. Scarlett loves you a great deal,
只是她自己没意识到
much more than she knows.
如果是这样 我可以等
If that were only true I could wait forever.
如果她能原谅我忘掉这一切
If she'd only forgive me, forget this ever happened.
她会的 你要有耐心
She will. You must be patient.
不 这是不可能的
Oh, no, it's not possible.
你不明白 假如你知道她真正爱的是…
You don't understand. If you only knew who she really loved...
你不会相信的
...you wouldn't believe it.
你千万不要听信那些流言飞语
Surely you haven't listened to idle gossip.
我反正不相信
No, Captain Butler, I wouldn't believe it.
好了 好了 斯卡莉会好起来的
There, there. Scarlett's going to get well
孩子还会再有的
and there can be other babies.
不 她不会的 即使她想要
Oh no, no, she couldn't even if she wanted to,
经过这一次
after what she's been through.
她也不会…她当然会要的
But of course she could.
我也要有了
I'm going to.
不 不 梅妮小姐你可别冒这个险
No, Miss Melly, you mustn't risk it.
太危险了
It's too dangerous.
孩子使生活焕然一新巴特勒船长
Children are life renewing itself, Captain Butler...
如果能有这样的生活那危险就不重要了
...and when life does that danger seems very unimportant.
我以前从未见过一位真正勇敢的人
I've never before known anyone who was really brave.
我祈求上帝保佑你梅妮小姐
I pray God things go well with you, Miss Melly.
我要感谢你为我和斯卡莉所做的一切
And I want to thank you for all you've done for me and for Scarlett.
我从心里感激你
From my heart, I thank you.
斯卡莉小姐觉得今天好多了瑞德先生
Miss Scarlett's feelin' a heap better today, Mr. Rhett.
谢谢
Thank you, Mammy.
斯卡莉 我来求你原谅的
I've come to ask your forgiveness...
希望能再给我们的共同生活一次机会
...in the hope that we can give our life together another chance.
共同生活?
Our life together?
我们什么时候有过?
When did we ever have a life together?
说得对
Yes, you're right.
如果我们能再试一次的话我们会辛福的
But I'm sure if we could only try again, we could be happy.
还有什么能让我们辛福的呢?
Well, what is there to make us happy now?
还有…还有邦妮
Well, there's Bonnie and...
而且我爱你 斯卡莉
...and I love you, Scarlett.
你什么时候发现的?
When did you discover that?
我一直爱你可你从没给我机会来证明
I've always loved you, but you've never given me a chance to show it.
那好 你想让我干什么?
Well, and just what do you want me to do?
首先 别管那个木材厂了
To begin with, give up the mill, Scarlett.
我们离开这儿 我们带着邦妮再渡一次蜜月
We'll go away. We'll take Bonnie and we'll have another honeymoon.
放弃它?可它比任何时候都赚钱啦
Give up the mill? But why? It's making more money than ever.
我知道 可我们不需要它卖掉吧!
Yes, I know, but we don't need it.
或者干脆送给艾希礼
Sell it, or better still, give it to Ashley.
梅兰妮一直对我们这么好 总是梅兰妮!
Melanie's been such a friend to both of us. Always Melanie!
如果你能多我为想…我是想着你
lf you'd only think a little more about me...I am thinking of you...
我想或许是那个木材厂…
and I'm thinking that...well, maybe it's the mill
使你跟我和邦妮疏远了
that's taken you away from me and from Bonnie.
我知道你想的是什么
I know what you're thinking.
别把邦妮扯进来
Don't try to bring Bonnie into this.
是你使邦妮跟我疏远了
You're the one taking her away from me.
可她是爱你的
But she loves you.
你想方设法让她爱你而不爱我
You've done everything possible to make her love you and not me.
看你把她给惯的…
Why, she's so spoiled now that...
妈妈、爸爸 看着我
Mommy! Daddy! Watch me!
我们看着呢!宝贝!
We're watching, darling.
你真漂亮 宝贝
You're mighty pretty, precious.
你也漂亮 我要跳了 看着我呀 爸爸
So are you. I'm going to jump. Watch me, Daddy.
听着 亲爱的邦妮你不要总是跳栏
I don't think you ought to do much jumping yet, Bonnie.
别忘了你刚刚学会的侧骑
Remember, you've just learned to ride sidesaddle.
我要这么跳!我能跳得比以前更好
I will so jump! I can jump better than ever
因为我长大了
'cause I've grown...
- 我要把栏杆升高一点 - 别让她跳 瑞德
- and I've moved the bar higher. - Don't let her do it, Rhett.
不 邦妮 别跳
No, Bonnie, you can't.
你要是摔下来可别哭找我
Well, if you fall off, don't cry and blame me.
瑞德 别让她跳
Rhett, stop her!
邦妮
Bonnie!
邦妮
Bonnie!
就像爸爸
Just like Pa.
爸爸…
Just like Pa!
邦妮
Bonnie!
邦妮
Bonnie!
邦妮
Bonnie!
邦妮
Bonnie!
邦妮
Bonnie!
梅妮小姐 你来了太好了
Lordsy, Miss Melly. I sure is glad you has come.
喔 妈咪 没有了邦妮家里可真不一样了
This house won't seem the same without Bonnie.
斯卡莉怎么受得了啊?
How's Miss Scarlett bearing up?
梅妮小姐她伤心极了
Miss Melly, this here done broke her heart...
可我请你来不是为了她
...but I didn't fetch you here on Miss Scarlett's account.
主给了她力量使她挺住了
What that child got to stand, the good Lord give her strength to stand.
我担心的是瑞德先生
It's Mr. Rhett I's worried about.
这两天 他都快疯了
He done lost his mind these last couple of days.
不 妈咪 不会的
No, Mammy, no.
我从没要见过一个男人 白人或者黑人
I ain't never see'd no man, black or white,
会这么爱孩子
set such store on any child.
米格大夫说她脖子断了
When Dr. Meade says her neck broke...
瑞德先生抓起手枪就去把小马打死了
...Mr. Rhett grab his gun and run out there and shoot that poor pony...
当时 我真怕他把自己打死
...and for a minute I think he going to shoot hisself.
可怜的巴特勒船长
Oh, poor Captain Butler.
是啊 斯卡莉小姐说他是凶手
Yes, ma'am. Miss Scarlett, she call him a murderer
教孩子跳栏
for teachin' that child to jump.
她说 你还我孩子是你杀了她
She say, "You give me my baby what you kill."
他说斯卡莉小姐从来没这么关心过邦妮
And then he say Miss Scarlett ain't never cared nothin' about Miss Bonnie.
他们就这样吵来吵去 我的血都凉了
It like to turn my blood cold, the things they say to one another.
喔 妈咪 别再说了
Stop, Mammy, don't tell me any more.
那天晚上…
And then that night...
瑞德先生把自己锁在保育室里配着邦妮
...Mr. Rhett, he locked hisself in the nursery with Miss Bonnie...
斯卡莉小姐来敲门 他理也不理
...when Miss Scarlett beat on it and hollered to him...and he wouldn't even open the door...
就这样已经整整两天了妈咪…
And that's the way it's been for two whole days. Oh, Mammy.
今天晚上 斯卡莉小姐隔着门对他说
And then this evenin', Miss Scarlett, she shout through the door...
明天早上就要下葬了
...and she say the funeral set for tomorrow mornin'...
可是他说:你要是敢来我就把你杀了
...and he says "You try that and I kills you tomorrow.
你想我能把我的孩子放进坟墓吗?
"Do you think I's goin' to put my child away in the...
她最怕黑了
"...in the dark when she's so scared of it?"
妈咪 妈咪 他真是疯了
Oh, Mammy, he has lost his mind.
是啊 真是这样 他不让孩子下葬 劝劝他吧 梅妮小姐
Yes, ma'am, that's the God's truth. He ain't goin' to let us bury that child. You gotta help us, Miss Melly.
可我不好管
Oh, but I can't intrude.
你不能管 谁能管呢?
If you can't help us, who can?
瑞德先生最尊重你的意见
Mr. Rhett always set great store by your opinion.
求求你了 梅妮小姐
Please, Miss Melly.
我尽力去做吧
I'll do what I can, Mammy.
走开 让我们安静地待着
Get away from that door, and leave us alone.
我是卫尔克斯太太巴特勒船长 请让我进来
It's Mrs. Wilkes, Captain Butler. Please let me in.
我看邦妮来了
I've come to see Bonnie.
哦 主啊…
Oh, Lord...
瑞德先生这么伤心 请帮助他吧
...please help Mr. Rhett in this hour of his grief.
妈咪 你去烧点儿浓咖啡来
I want you to go and make a good deal of strong coffee...
给巴特勒船长送去我去看斯卡莉小姐
...and bring it up to Captain Butler. I'll go and see Miss Scarlett.
哦 可是…
But....
巴特勒船长同意举行葬礼了 明天早晨
Captain Butler is quite willing for the funeral to take place...tomorrow morning.
阿利路亚 我知道天使会帮助你的 阿利路亚
Hallelujah. I suspects the angels fights on your side, Miss Melly. Hallelujah.
梅妮小姐…梅妮小姐 梅妮小姐
Miss Melly! Miss Melly!
去请米格大夫来
Send for Dr. Meade,
梅妮小姐
Mammy...
送我回家
...and try...try to get me home.
梅妮小姐 梅妮小姐
Miss Melly! Miss Melly!
我妈妈要到哪儿去呀?
Where is my mother goin' away to?
为什么我不能跟着去呀?有很多事情 不是想干就干的
And why can't I go along, please? We can't always go along, Beau, much as we may want to.
我们去睡觉了 孩子
You're going back to bed now.
瑞德 她不能死
Oh, Rhett, she can't be dying,
她不能死
she can't be!
她和你不一样 她没有那种力量
She hasn't your strength. She's never had any strength.
只有一颗善良的心
She's never had anything but heart.
你也了解她?
You knew that, too.
我为什么要去睡觉?现在是早晨
Why do I have to go back to bed? It's morning.
好那 还不到早晨呢
It isn't really morning yet.
你可以进去了 斯卡莉小姐
You may come in now, Scarlett.
米格大夫 请让我去看看她吧 我等了整整两天了
Dr. Meade, please let me see her! I've been waiting here two whole days.
我想告诉她 有件事是我错了
and I've got to tell her that I was wrong about something.
她知道你知错了 她要见斯卡莉
She knows you were wrong. She wants to see Scarlett.
要让梅妮小姐平静地死去
Miss Melly's going to die in peace.
希望你别跟她说些不相干的话
I won't have you easing your conscience telling her things...
来减轻你良心的负担
...that make no difference now.
明白了吗?
You understand?
是我 梅妮
It's me, Melly.
答应我吗?
Promise me?
什么事?
Anything.
照看我的小儿子
Look after my little son.
我曾把他托付给过你 记得吗?
I gave him to you once before. Remember?
他出生的那天…
The day he was born.
梅妮 别这么说
Please, Melly, don't talk this way.
我知道你会好起来的
I know you'll get well.
答应我…上大学
Promise me...college.
是的 到欧洲去还给他一匹小马
Yes, yes, and Europe, and a pony, whatever he wants. But...
喔 梅妮…
...Melly, do try....
艾希礼…
Ashley....
艾希礼和你…
Ashley and you.
关于…艾希礼…?
What about Ashley, Melly?
替我照顾艾希礼
Look after him for me.
就像你…替他照顾我一样
Just as you...looked after me for him.
我会的
I will, Melly.
照顾他…
Look after him...
…可别让他知道
...but never let him know.
晚安
Good night.
答应了?还有什么 梅妮?
Promise? What else, Melly?
巴特勒船长…
Captain Butler...
要对他好一点
...be kind to him.
瑞德?
Rhett?
他是那么爱你
He loves you so.
是的 梅妮
Yes, Melly.
再见 再见了
Goodbye. Goodbye.
女士们 可以进去了
You ladies may come in now.
艾希礼
Ashley.
艾希礼
Ashley.
我不知道那一只在哪儿?
I don't know where the mate to this is.
她一定把它放在哪儿了
She must have put it away.
别这样 搂住我 我害怕
Oh, stop it. Hold me. I'm so frightened.
我害怕极了
I'm so frightened.
斯卡莉 我怎么办呢?没有她我怎么活呢?
Oh, Scarlett, what can I do? I can't live without her, I can't.
我所有的一切
Everything I ever had is...
都跟着她去了
...is going with her.
艾希礼…
Oh, Ashley.
你真的很爱她 是不是?
You really love her, don't you?
她是我在现实面前唯一没有破灭的梦
She's the only dream I ever had that didn't die in the face of reality.
梦 你总是在梦想从没清醒过
Dreams! Always dreams with you, never common sense.
哦 斯卡莉 你不知道我经受的痛苦
Oh, Scarlett! lf you knew what I've gone through!
你早就该告诉我你爱的是她 而不是我
Ashley, you should have told me years ago that you loved her and not me...
你不该用那些借口使我存在幻想
...and not left me dangling with your talk of honor.
现在梅妮要死了
But you had to wait till now, now when Melly's dying...
才让我明白我对你没有一点意义
...to show me that I could never mean any more to you than...
就像贝尔对瑞德一样
...than this Watling woman does to Rhett.
我所爱的实际是…是不存在的
And I've loved something that...that doesn't really exist.
不过…
Somehow...
我不在乎
...l don't care.
这没关紧
Somehow it doesn't matter.
一点儿没关系
It doesn't matter one bit.
哦 艾希礼 艾希礼原谅我
Ashley, forgive me.
别哭了
Don't cry.
不能让她看出你哭过
She mustn't see you've been crying.
艾希礼
Ashley!
梅妮
Melly!
梅妮
Melly!
瑞德…
Rhett, Rhett!
瑞德 你在哪儿?
Rhett, where are you?
瑞德 等等我
Rhett, wait for me.
瑞德 等等我
Rhett, wait for me!
瑞德
Rhett.
瑞德
Rhett.
瑞德
Rhett.
瑞德
Rhett.
瑞德
Rhett.
瑞德
Rhett.
瑞德
Rhett.
进来
Come in.
瑞德
Rhett....
梅兰妮 她…
Melanie, she's....
上帝让她安息了
Well, God rest her.
她是我所见过的唯一完美的人
She was the only completely kind person I ever knew.
伟大的女性 非常伟大的女性
A great lady. A very great lady.
可她死了 对你是件好事不是吗?
So she's dead. That makes it nice for you, doesn't it?
你怎么能这么说呢?你知道我是多么的爱她
Oh, how can you say such a thing? You know how I loved her, really!
不 这我可不知道
No, I don't know that I do.
至少对你来说你最后还应该感激她
But at least it's to your credit that you could appreciate her at the end.
我当然感激她她心里只想着别人
Of course I appreciated her. She thought of everybody except herself.
最后还提到你
Why her last words were about you.
她说什么了?
What did she say?
她说:“要对巴特勒船长好一点 他这么爱你 ”
She said: "Be kind to Captain Butler. He loves you so."
她还说什么?
Did she say anything else?
她说…
She said...
她还要我照顾好艾希礼
...she asked me to look after Ashley, too.
得到前妻的允准这样就方便多了
It's convenient to have the first wife's permission, isn't it?
你这是什么意思?
What do you mean?
你要干什么吗?
What are you doing?
我要走了 亲爱的
I'm leaving you, my dear.
你现在需要的就是离婚
All you need now is a divorce,
你对艾希礼的梦想就要变成现实了
and your dreams of Ashley can come true.
哦 不…
Oh, no!
不 你错了 太错了
No, you're wrong! Terribly wrong!
不 我不要离婚
I don't want a divorce.
瑞德 今天夜里 我明白了我是爱你的
Oh, Rhett, when I knew tonight...when I knew I loved you,
我就跑回家来告诉你 亲爱的
I ran home to tell you.Oh, darling, darling....
别来这套了 好吗?
Please don't go on with this.
给我们的结合留下最后一点可以回忆的尊严吧!
Leave us some dignity to remember out of our marriage. Spare us this last.
最后?
This last?
我肯定多年来我一直爱着你
I must have loved you for years,
只是我是这么愚蠢自己并没有意识到
only I was such a stupid fool I didn't know it.
请相信我 你也爱我
Please believe me. You must care. Melly said you did.
我相信你 可艾希礼怎么办?
I believe you. What about Ashley Wilkes?
我…我从没真正爱过他
I never really loved Ashley.
你装得可真像 直到到今天早晨
You certainly gave a good imitation of it, up till this morning.
不 我尽了…一切努力
No, Scarlett. I tried everything.
当我从伦敦回来的时候 那怕你对我有半点表示…
If you'd only met me half way, even when I came back from London.
我当时见了你多高兴啊 真的
I was so glad to see you. I was, Rhett,
可你那么气人…
but you were so nasty.
我让你病了 那是我的错
And then, when you were sick and it was all my fault...
我盼那…盼着你要见我可你没有
...l hoped against hope that you'd call for me, but you didn't.
我是要你的 非常想要你
I wanted you. I wanted you desperately,
可我以为你不要我了
but I didn't think you wanted me.
看来我们彼此误解了
It seems we've been at cross purposes, doesn't it?
现在没用了
But it's no use now.
如果邦妮还活着也许会使我们幸福
As long as there was Bonnie, there was a chance we might be happy.
我总爱把邦妮当作你
I liked to think that Bonnie was you.
没有经历战争和贫困之前的那个小姑娘
A little girl again, before the war, and poverty had done things to you.
她是那么像你
She was so like you,
所以我宠她、娇惯她就像娇惯你一样
and I could pet her, and spoil her, as I wanted to spoil you.
可她走了 带走了一切
But when she went, she took everything.
瑞德 瑞德 别说这些了
Oh, Rhett! Rhett, please don't say that.
我很抱歉
I'm so sorry,
抱歉我所做的一切
I'm so sorry for everything.
你真是个孩子 亲爱的
My darling, you're such a child.
你以为说一声抱歉
You think that by saying, "l'm sorry,"
就能把过去都改过来吗?
all the past can be corrected.
给你 我的手绢
Here, take my handkerchief.
在你一身中任何危难时刻我从未见你带过手绢
Never, at any crisis of your life, have I known you to have a handkerchief.
瑞德 瑞德 你要去哪儿?
Rhett, where are you going?
我要回查尔斯 我的家乡
I'm going to Charleston. Back where I belong.
瑞德 请带我一起去吧
Please. Please take me with you.
不 这里的一切对我已经结束了
No. I'm through with everything here.
我需要清静
I want peace.
我要去寻找有什么地方
I want to see if somewhere
还保留着一点令人陶醉的优雅生活
there isn't something left in life of charm and grace.
明白我的意思吗?
Do you know what I'm talking about?
不 我只知道我爱你
No. I only know that I love you.
那就是你的不辛
That's your misfortune.
哦 瑞德
Oh, Rhett.
瑞德
Rhett!
瑞德
Rhett!
哦 瑞德 你走了我到哪儿去 我该怎么办呢?
Rhett! If you go, where shall I go? What shall I do?
坦率的说 亲爱的我管不着了
Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn.
我不能让他走 不能
Oh, I can't let him go! I can't!
我要想方法让他回来
There must be some way to bring him back.
我现在不能再想了
I can't think about it now.
再想我就要疯了
I'll go crazy if I do!
我明天再想
I'll think about it tomorrow.
可我一定要想 一定要想
But I must think about it. I must think about it.
我该怎么做呢?
What is there to do?
什么是最重要的?
What is there that matters?
你是说 凯蒂·斯卡莉·沃郝纳土地对你毫无意义?
Do you mean to tell me, Katie Scarlett O'Hara...that Tara doesn't mean anything to you?
为何 只有土地才是最重要的
Why, land's the only thing that matters.
只是土地才是永恒的
It's the only thing that lasts.
有一样东西你爱它胜过于我
Something you love better than me,
虽然你没有意识到
though you may not know it.
那就是泰拉
Tara.
你的力量是从这儿来的
It's this from which you get your strength.
泰拉的红土
The red earth of Tara.
为何 只有泰拉土地才是最重要的
Why, land's the only thing that matters.
只有土地才是永恒的
It's the only thing that lasts.
有一样东西你爱它胜过于我
Something you love better than me,
那就是泰拉 你力量是从这儿来的
Tara. This from which you get your strength.
泰拉的红土
The red earth of Tara.
为何 只有泰拉的土地才是最重要的
Why, land's the only thing that matters.
有一样东西你爱它胜过于我
Something you love better than me.
泰拉的红土
The red earth of Tara.
泰拉
Tara!
泰拉
Tara!
今晚 我要回家
Home! I'll go home!
我会想办法让他回来
And I'll think of some way to get him back.
明天毕竟…又是新的一天
After all...tomorrow is another day.